Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,117 Member
    Options
    Nice run @kgirlhart and @tarun_yadavA !
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am actively looking for a new pair of shoes. Would love to get a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speed 3. Was really hoping I would see sales this time of year, but haven't found any. Would go for Speed 2, but still no sales. @martaindale didn't you get some Hoka Mach 5's? Did you (and do you still) like them?
  • project9percent
    project9percent Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Zaxa2021 wrote: »
    Goal: 80 miles
    I'm curious, do you guys cross train or do you primarily stick with running?

I need to. If I don't cross train I get injured easily.
    I'm planning on following a push/pull/leg program using 3 days a week and running x3/week, on the 7th day I rest and I've been doing foam rolling and stretching. I'm totally Okay with scaling back and taking more rest days if I feel something is more sore than usual.

What do you do or would like to do to cross train?

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @Zaxa2021 I do cross-training if you count fast walking and tennis. I need to do strength training, but haven't found the time to get in that habit yet.

@daria0919 So, how did the tournament go?

Great walk @emptydog ! Good luck on your 5K this weekend.

For instance there was recently a scintillating conversation about math.
    :lol::lol:

Great running @Scott6255 ! Happy birthday tomorrow to both you and @shanaber !
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Got in 5.35 Miles (at 09"20 pace).

Happy birthday @shanaber and @Scott6255 !! have a lovely day both!! :smile:

@quilteryoyo - yayy, on not being charged for the oil change and check engine light!
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    Congrats on meeting your walking goal for the year @SummerSkier ! I'm sure you will make your goal of 2023 for the year. Those of you who have done that are amazing, in my opinion..... @Scott6255 and @AlphaHowls and anyone else I missed.

Ooops. I wasn't clear @tarun_yadavA . I was charged for the oil change, but not the check engine light issue. It was still cheaper than it normally is - have started taking it to a new place for service. Nice running this morning.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    I am actively looking for a new pair of shoes. Would love to get a pair of Saucony Endorphin Speed 3. Was really hoping I would see sales this time of year, but haven't found any. Would go for Speed 2, but still no sales. @martaindale didn't you get some Hoka Mach 5's? Did you (and do you still) like them?

Yep, I am now on my 3rd pair. They are my favorites and I use them for all my long runs and speed/tempo runs. I still use the NB 1080’s for my daily recovery runs and like those but they are definitely less springy than the Mach.