DECEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,117 Member
    Options
    You are doing great @project9percent ! And thank you.

Nice running @tarun_yadavA and love your insight into life in the UK. You did forget that you do Celsius.

@emptydog Glad your wife is supportive. I laughed when I read that your cat hid under the bed. :lol:

Glad you got in a run before the rain @SummerSkier and it's great to hear that your heel is feeling better. Odd thing is, so is my shoulder. It was hurting all night. When I got up this morning, the pain was mostly gone.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Oh so sorry you tested positive for COVID @kgirlhart 😞 But glad you aren't having too bad symptoms.
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Morning all
    Got in 5M (at 09"17 pace).

@quilteryoyo ah yes! Celsius too! 👍

@kgirlhart glad you're not ill -ill- over Xmas
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,909 Member
    Options
    Hang in there @kgirlhart Glad you tested and found out so you don't spread to others. Hope that you don't get more symptoms...
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Last Saturday, I ran the Pioneer 5-Miler race ... Last year, I ran it in 53:44 with an average pace of 10:45. This year, I ran it in 51:50 with an average pace of 10:22

That's a significant bump up! Great race.

• Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hi! I quickly glanced at most of the updates since last time I checked the thread. Everyone is doing a great job in spite of setbacks or life getting in the way. Here are some comments for the pals right above me.

@mari33a - Let's hope for better weather in the next few days. Do you have a jumping rope? I've tried to do that to cross train from running and I found it to be harder than running.

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have a skipping rope but haven't used it in a few years. I used to skip daily when my kids were small and was quite fast. If I do run skipping on the spot it wouldn't be that different to running on a treadmill. I was checking my data on Garmin and my average since October gives 1000 steps = .55 miles or 1 mile = 1791 steps. You may have solved my weather problem without getting a treadmill

@kgirkhart - That's a downer on your Covid result. Hope you don't feel too bad.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo great job on the miles!

@kgirlhart sorry to hear about the positive covid test - fingers crossed that you stay symptom free.

@AlphaHowls sorry to hear about your positive Covid test and the sore throat/ears/head and fever. Here’s hoping it’ll be a shortened version of the illness.

@kgirlhart and @AlphaHowls great job on the December miles!

@Teresa502 congrats on the 5-miler time improvement!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,570 Member
    Options
    @AlphaHowls Oh noooo! But please do stay in for now. Not sure how remote you live but if there's any risk of infecting others then stay inside. Also, covid can hit your heart pretty hard. Give your body time to heal first before you do anything half strenuous, even if it's 'just' walking.