DECEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 5,068 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    No running today, and hence no (far too) long run on my running programme. I got the tetanus, pertussis, diphtheria and polio booster yesterday and am totally and utter exhausted and slightly feverish. That's ok. I'll be able to run again tomorrow or the day after and will be able to travel to all the somewhat questionable countries or fall face first in probably not very clean mud.

I hear you. It sounds like your program is too rapid and perhaps you can find another one which moves along at the level you are capable of. i can't image getting ALL of those boosters at one time. wow. I simply had the covid one on Sun and decided to take a day off. it was actually not as reactive as my previous boosters but I could see my heart rate was elevated so I know it was working.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,817 Member
    Mari33a wrote: »
    08/12 4.12 miles
    10/12 4.09 miles
    12/12 3.08 miles

Total 22.88 miles/60 miles

I'm 103 posts behind so hope everyone is doing well but have no idea yet. I'm going to read back later. My husband and I spent 5 days in Galway city. I managed to get 2 runs in. I cudn't run on the seafront as it was too windy and the sea spray too bad so went up streets with lots of shelter. I went down to the seafront after both runs and take it all in. It was fab!

I'm glad you had a nice little getaway. Last time I visited, it was in the summer and I was able to get a couple of runs in on the sea front in Galway. Absolutely loved, loved, loved it!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,302 Member
    I just skimmed posts. Thank you for all of the condolences on my Dad's passing. What a nightmare this has been.
    So running streak ended.
    Men's drunken escapades are adorable. Am I right?
    😁
    Unfortunately, no. Not at all. But we can still be friends 🙂

@polskagirl01 is that aimed at me (for doing it)?? Or at @chris_in_cal endorsing Guys' drunken horseplay?! Lol

On a more serious note... Hope you are okay! And funeral went well (as well as they can).
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,839 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    No running today, and hence no (far too) long run on my running programme. I got the tetanus, pertussis, diphtheria and polio booster yesterday and am totally and utter exhausted and slightly feverish. That's ok. I'll be able to run again tomorrow or the day after and will be able to travel to all the somewhat questionable countries or fall face first in probably not very clean mud.

I hear you. It sounds like your program is too rapid and perhaps you can find another one which moves along at the level you are capable of. i can't image getting ALL of those boosters at one time. wow. I simply had the covid one on Sun and decided to take a day off. it was actually not as reactive as my previous boosters but I could see my heart rate was elevated so I know it was working.

Oh well, I can do the running programme as fast or slow as I want to. My idea was to try and run for 35 minutes as I managed 30 minutes last time. But I'm just feeling totally *kitten*. The covid boosters were seriously harmless in comparison, the hepA and B I got a few years ago was also harmless (and I got stoned and everything seemed funny). This is just miserable. Just waiting for a parcel service and then I'll curl up on the sofa.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,333 Member
    You're doing great @daria0919 .

Nice run @tarun_yadavA and, yes, it is nice to be home.

@yirara I hope you are feel better soon. Are you planning a trip?

@Mari33a Nice job on getting the runs in while traveling. Sounds like you had a good time.

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,839 Member
    You're doing great @daria0919 .

Nice run @tarun_yadavA and, yes, it is nice to be home.

@yirara I hope you are feel better soon. Are you planning a trip?

@Mari33a Nice job on getting the runs in while traveling. Sounds like you had a good time.

Yes, few trip ideas. Certain so far are London, Azerbaijan and one of the Canary Islands. I'm considering Saudi or Isle of Man in Autumn, but not sure yet.
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 484 Member
    @quilteryoyo I’m glad you got home safe. I hope you enjoyed your trip!

@daria0919 It’s cool you can workout with your husband :),
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,109 Member
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo and @kgirlhart Newspapers would have been a good idea but, believe it or not, I am far too digital these days to have anything related to a newspaper at hand. So today I really went all in and gave my shoes a real bath with soap, soaking and everything then put them upside down on the heating pipes in the basement. That is most constantly warm place in the house. Until they are dry, I will just wear old pairs. No more swamp smell ;)!

This morning I unfortunately bailed on my run. But I was able to get over it and go for a fast 5km on the TM before picking up the kids.

So far 37.6/160km for December.

That's why I started saving the tissue that is stuffed in the shoes when you buy them. :)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,255 Member
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @quilteryoyo and @kgirlhart Newspapers would have been a good idea but, believe it or not, I am far too digital these days to have anything related to a newspaper at hand.

We get this little local paper with new restaurants, local events and the like. We don't subscribe to it. It's a free township publication and just a few pages long so I hoard them each month just for the rainy seasons.