DECEMBER 2023 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,105 Member
    Options
    That's a lot of travelling planned @yirara ! I hope you get to go and enjoy them all!

Thanks @Laurz9191 . I did enjoy the trip. You did great to get in a TM session this afternoon after bailing on your morning run.

Thanks @Scott6255 . Yes, it is good to be home. I think everyone feels that way - nice to be gone, nice to be back home. Nice running. I hope your shoes go on sale soon!

Nice run @martaindale !

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    None of that felt too bad, so that tells me that I am capable of running further and faster than my mind thinks I can. I'm going to work on the mental and fueling aspects of my running.

My mind does the same thing. I've been running several years at this point and have done these distances so many times but I still have these little thoughts of whether I'll be able to run the entire distance almost any time I get above 7 miles or so. I had this thought today after running a slightly longer distance just a few days ago.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    None of that felt too bad, so that tells me that I am capable of running further and faster than my mind thinks I can. I'm going to work on the mental and fueling aspects of my running.

My mind does the same thing. I've been running several years at this point and have done these distances so many times but I still have these little thoughts of whether I'll be able to run the entire distance almost any time I get above 7 miles or so. I had this thought today after running a slightly longer distance just a few days ago.

What happens to me is I finish a session and head home and then think “I really could have gone farther” because I feel good.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I have a head cold.

All kinds of stuff is going around. Get well soon.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I have a head cold.

All kinds of stuff is going around. Get well soon.
    Thanks Chris!