WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Well, as usual, my paranoia was silly. I have spent a lot of the week worrying about why the family has not been in touch. Missing them horribly.
    My son phoned this morning to say he had covid last week, starting Saturday and bad Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.
    I feel hugely relieved, almost cried last night feeling shut out.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Wouldn't you have rung them earlier in the week to ask them how they were doing?

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    Options
    Ginny - what great news about your PT visit for your foot. Hope it continues to feel good and better as time goes on. Hadn't heard of dry needling.

Machka - glad you are doing a bit better and can breathe.

Debbie - I am amazed you stay as upbeat as you do with your DH/MIL sad situation. Enjoy that time with your mom. <3

Rori - great you were able to get out this past week. Hope you are able to escape the crud.

Heather - happy your son and family are feeling better and you'll be seeing them soon.

Love seeing the pictures and reading about everyone's get togethers. <3

Had a great time yesterday afternoon at my friend's house with her family and the "band of friends" they always invite. So much fun catching up with these folks. The food was yummy - things I don't normally eat like pizza and ice cream and sugary stuff. :p One gal brought "Russian Cream". I could have eaten the whole bowl myself, lol. Ingredients - cream, sugar and gelatin with a little fruit stirred in. I am amazed I didn't wake up with a headache this morning. :p

The trip over and back was interesting. Within half a mile of my house, thick fog in spots all the way to her house. Temps in the mid 30's. Glad I was driving during the daylight hours. Left before 4 to get home and give the hens their afternoon snack - kale! and get caught up on a few chores around here before it got dark. I am so grateful and blessed to be included in their family activities. <3

Last week when I was at Walmart, I saw a gal I knew 20 plus years ago. She was a 911 manager the same time I was and I'd run into her at various conferences before I left that job in 2003. I'd heard she retired to our area and was tickled to see her. We reminisced in the produce section for far too long - her DH was giving us the "eye" and we plan to meet up after the 1st and compare "war stories" a bit but also what we are up to right now. She's a few years older than me.

On the agenda for today - The Vicar of Dibley. :p And thinking about my plans and word for next year.

If those of you who normally post to the "weekly check-in" want to skip tomorrow, I'll completely understand and we can start afresh with the new year. :D

Have a great Christmas Eve and holiday everyone. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    2023 December Kindness

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate grapes.

Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%,100,100,83%
    Feeling sick all month. Colitis crap! And eye surgery.

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min /23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%,100%)
    5 months SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 5907,5777, 4325,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%-84% 5882-)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 2/2 (10,00%) 50%
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 229/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change, 100%)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)99/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2, 173.4, 173.4 (600%) 100%,100%
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 16/23. (681%,100,100,83)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 51/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 12/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—75%
    December met—

1.Spread kindness and share the December calendar with others. Sharing with my MFP friends.
    2. Contact someone you can’t be with to see how they are doing. Forgot to do this yesterday. Hope to do it today. I did this on Sunday 12/3.
    3. Offer to help someone who is facing difficulties at the moment. Helped my fellow host in learning what to do in 2 separate incidents with campers.
    4. Support a campaign, cause, or charity you really care about.
    5. Give a gift to someone who is homeless or lonely. Did not do this. No chance to.
    6. Leave a positive message for someone else to find. Did this yesterday.
    7. Give kind comments to as many people as possible today. I will try. A bit down today. Not feeling well.
    8. Do something helpful for a friend or family member. Will do!
    9. Notice when you’re hard on yourself or others and be kind instead. I will try to remember.
    10. Listen wholeheartedly to others without judging them. I need to learn to do this more.
    11. But an extra item and donate to a food bank. Did not have a chance to do this today.
    12. Be generous. Feed someone with food, love or kindness today.
    13. See how many be people you can smile at today. I didn’t count, but smiled at ask the hospital employees I meet yesterday while getting eye surgery.
    14. Share a happy memory or inspiring thought with a loved one. Will do!
    15. Say hello to your neighbor and brighten their day. Sounds like a plan for today!
    16. Look for something positive to say to everyone you meet today. My goal always!
    17. Give thanks. List the kind things others have done for you. Will do this in my journal. I didn’t do this.
    18. Ask for help and let someone else know the how of giving.
    19. Contact someone who may be alone or feeling isolated.
    20. Help someone by giving away something you don’t need.
    21. Appreciate kindness and thank people who do things for you. I always thank people for being kind. I appreciate kind people always.
    22. Congratulate someone for an achievement that may go unnoticed. Will do!
    23. Choose to give or receive the gift of forgiveness. I pray for this every day.
    24. Bring joy to others. Share something that made you laugh. 🤪
    25. Treat everyone with kindness including yourself.
    26. Get outside, pick up litter or do something kind for nature.
    27. Call a relative who is far away to say hello and have a chat.
    28. Be kind to the planet. Eat less meat and use less energy.
    29. Turn off digital devices and really listen to people.
    30. Let someone know how much you appreciated them and why.
    31. Plan some new acts of kindness for 2024.

The results of your personality test are in. Here they are:
    Personality type: Logistician (ISTJ-T)
Traits: Introverted – 69%, Observant – 58%, Thinking – 75%, Judging – 56%, Turbulent – 54%
Role: Sentinel
Strategy: Constant Improvement
    Joined MFPL 5/26/2010
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Machka hope you feel better soon!

Kylia looks like a beautiful parade!

Carol, so sorry for your loss.

Pip you must have a magic camera. You and Kirby and the dogs always look great!

We grew up with pastry from Entenmann's bakery. I don't suppose I could find any today. They made cheese and raspberry danish type things, but bigger, enough for a family. I need to take something to my aunt's house tomorrow.

Annie

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,627 Member
    Options
    Machka I hope you are feeling better soon. I know this isn't how you wanted to spend your time off.

Betsy Happy birthday! Sounds like a great day.

Fog cleared up. DH finally woke up. Still writing about year. Plan on leaving 2023 in my journal.

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    British shows:

- Vicar of Dibley is good - a comedy.

- Are You Being Served - a comedy. I wish they would bring that one back, I loved it!!

- Keeping Up Appearances is good - a comedy.

- As Time Goes By is very good - a heartfelt comedy. We watch this one whenever it's on.

M in Oz

Yes. All of these. “As TimeGoes By” is one of my favorites. When I was Single, staying home and watching these on “Brit Night” on our local public tv stations was one of my favorite Saturday night activities. Now, it’s no longer on and the mister wouldn’t watch it with me anyway.

Tina in CA