1676869707173»

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Lisa, the sunroom is lovely! I know you were kind of concerned about too much of a wood look, but I think the different colours make enough of a difference, it's not too much!
    Tracy, the trees that you did are just lovely, I can't believe how quickly you were able to get them done! You must have been thinking about them for awhile already. What a lovely tribute for your family. And congrats on how well you are doing on your course! (was there any doubt??? lol)

Wishing you all a very happy and healthy 2024!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Well...I did succeed in getting the Christmas platter, etc. box down to one from two. Got the box with the cards, etc. taped up and ready for storage. I hope to work on the linens, even tho I know that I can’t get all of them packed away, at least hopefully I can get one tote ready to be packed away.

Lanette – you know, when Vince and I go away like to FL I have an egg or two for breakfast. He usually has cereal. So many times he’s ready to stop for lunch but I’m not in the least bit hungry. Personally, I’m not a fan of the circuit/resistance machines. To me, they isolate the muscle too much. Now they ARE good for rehab. But that’s just me. I do like the idea of a tape telling you what to do and when. I just can’t do it on my own. I know that I’d wind up not doing something long enough, but if I have a tape telling me when to stop and go, then I’m OK

Debbie – agree with everything Lynette said about the situation with you, dh, and MIL

sMiles – happy New Year to you, too.

Flea – I’d love to take something over to Ken and Lynette. But I know that Lynette doesn’t want me going there. See, she’s not a good housekeeper at all. Ken got on her case to have us over once and that was years ago. Why she doesn’t get a cleaning lady is beyond me. Two incomes, no children. It’s not like they’re hurting for money. I suspect she’s ashamed to have ANYONE see her house, including a cleaning lady. I do wish they’d come here because I got a doordash gift certificate for them. I know BK uses doordash and other places do, too. Radiation was harder? I always thought it wasn’t as hard since you don’t get nautious and lose your hair. If she’s extremely tired, wonder how she’ll do? She’s very work oriented. Like when we go to see TSO in concert, she always wants to go on a weekend so she doesn’t have to miss work.

While I was at WalMart I ran into a gal that I used to work with at Food Lion. She said that in November it’ll be 3 years since she left there. That means that in October it’ll be 3 years that I’ve been at BK.

Well, got almost all of the Christmas linens into the totes except for one towel that needs to be washed. Can’t really get the “box of boxes” ready to store until we give Lynette her gifts and, as usual, she gives me back the boxes and I store them until next year

Gina – congrats on no more obese

Lisa – your sunroom is looking fantastic. Can’t wait to see it all finished with furniture and all

Quiet New Years Eve, as usual. Watch the ball drop, kiss, and call Denise and Jess. Leave a message for Denise. Then go to bed. I do have to work tomorrow, although they open late. I bet they’ll be dead in the morning.

Happy New Years everyone!!!

Michele NC
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Lisa-room looks great.
    Heather-looks like family had a great time at dinner.
    Michelle- cancer and the treatment impacts can be very individualized. There are a lot of variables. Also-just the diagnosis takes a bit to work your head around.
    Allie-Miles looks like he enjoyed his day.
    Debbie-hoping the new year brings a bit more calm to your life.
    Annie-grief is different for all of us. If your father is starting dementia as you have indicated that can also impact emotions and responses. Since her demise was really fairly quickly, he didn't really have a chance to mentally prepare.

Well, there is no way I will see the New Year in here! I know that it has already happened for several of you. I got quite a few of the things completed today I wanted to. Will continue on the list tomorrow. Will stretch and walk in morning. SIL coming at noon for lunch (pork and sauerkraut). She will most likely just stay for two hours at most, so between tomorrow and Tuesday I can finish more.

Decided to try free trial of Apple Fitness+. Going to check out one of the meditation programs and see what else in it looks to be of interest.

Enjoy bringing in the New Year,

Ginny in Ohio
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    The newest comment from MIL- This morning while dh was there, normal morning. She had cooked a HUGE pot of Japanese stuff. Told him to eat some "instead of the garbage at home"- He just told me.
    Good thing I am not going over there this evening with him.
    I know she refuses to even try anything I cook(it was good when she wasn't able to cook and she appreciated it then). She will nag at him again tonight to eat some of it then won't be hungry for the meal I cooked.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,572 Member
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,919 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, Machka! Always nice to have our resident (and possibly a new) Tasmanian lead the way to the new year. Your stats, as always, quite amazing.

Vitamin D - My doc actually added that to the list at my request, due to y'all, and like I thought, it was normal (their range is 10-60 ng/ml, and mine was 40). Sunshine is very much an option here, anytime I want it, and I do try to get out and get as much as I can, even in the winter. The multi-vitamin I take daily contains 25 mcg, but I don't add any more than that. Someone asked, I think, what helps you absorb calcium, and it's Vitamin D.

Woke up feeling soooo much better than yesterday. The three good days, one bad kind of wear on me, but it's much, much better than four bad ones, so for now, I'll take it!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Despite the fact that on average Tasmanians have low Vit D, when mine has been checked, it has been right in the middle of the range, like yours.

I take the same amount as you, and don't want to add more because I do try to spend as much time as possible in the sun. I'm out walking in the sun at lunch and on weekends, I'm in the garden or cycling or walking or something for several hours.

I think higher doses may be recommended for people who don't go outside for one reason or another.

And yes, Vit D helps the body absorb calcium. Too much Vit D can cause the body to absorb too much calcium. As someone else mentioned ... everything in moderation. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,919 Member
    Options
    Hello, my dears,

And... been going at the sunroom since I left y'all at 9 something this morning... Corey's sliding pizza in the oven for an early dinner now. Worked all day, other than an hour of gabbing with the neighbors, who we invited over to check out the new sunroom, while we were just finishing up on the floor. They were lovely about it. They're the ones with five kids and three dogs (and a monkey, and a cat, that I know of) and a three-bedroom addition that they still haven't got to the usable point more than a year later.

Corey and I are both wiped out, so won't get the furniture finished tonight, unfortunately... but it will be done for New Year's Day, and that makes us both happy. The floor is finished, and his kitchen is framed up, so he's happy about that. We did settle on the wood grain plank, but I'm looking forward to seeing it with the rug (coming in late this week) and the furniture, which we'll put together tomorrow.

ipq5rzx0y5a8.png
    e5oclziw6vzb.png

And this was last night's sunset... Still thinking about my word for the year, but I'm leaning toward "learn." Happy New Year, all, from beautiful Arkansas... Love y'all! Lisa
    254pf8w1yukh.png

Looks great!!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,935 Member
    Options
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,186 Member
    Options
    Pg 70
    ☘️