Chobani Yogurt Recall!!!

Options
124»

Replies

• 2B184
    Options
    I prefer Dannon Light and Fit - good protein and only 80 calories. Very yummy too! :o)

This

the sucralose part turns me off.. rather eat a plain chiobani for 100 calories and 7g sguar
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^^

Thanks for the heads up, mine checked out good.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I checked my Chobani yogurt cups, no puffy lids and no 16-12 numbers on them, so I feel pretty secure that the 10 cups I've got are all good.

I've only once had a problem with their yogurt, and that was my own fault for not checking the expiration dates when I picked them out at the supermarket. Our supermarket is not the best at pulling expired items off the shelves, so while it was the store's fault for still selling them, it was my own fault for not checking the date before purchasing them.

call the health department an report it. They are really strict about this stuff and the store and whoever checks it will get investigated. We used to get visits often because people reported us all the time. (we were really good about pulling product off the shelves though, just people looking to sue cause of where i worked.)

ps. I LOVE chobani. I am upset because I am out of it.

This. Call the health department. You should be able to feel confident in buying stuff from your store if you happen to not check the expiration date.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I prefer Dannon Light and Fit - good protein and only 80 calories. Very yummy too! :o)

This. Or I will get the Yoplait 100s.
  • chelseybennett1
    chelseybennett1 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I just bought quite a few so will have to go home and check them tonight :(.
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great now you tell me after I just polished one off.

You and me both...

You would know it if you ate a bad one. They tasted really weird, like "zingy". My daughter ate one and said it tasted "spicy". None of us got sick, by the way.

About a week ago I had one and noticed the same thing! It had a tanginess to it. It was a new flavor that I never tried before so I took a few bites thinking maybe it was supposed to taste like that. Then a quarter of the way into it I couldn't stand the spiciness anymore so I threw it away. Good thing I did!
  • jtndle
    jtndle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had some Strawberry last week that was the same way - thin and very tangy. My three year old was eating the same time as me and said it was biting him! We had both probably eaten a few bites and did not get sick at all. I figured it had gone bad at the store...
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lxgjoy3A9H1r3ovdbo1_250.gif
  • chrish228
    chrish228 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, I hadn't seen it! I had a strawberry last week that was really fizzy, it tasted almost like Kefir. I did eat it (I like Kefir!), and so far I haven't felt sick. I'm going to get home and go through what I have to make sure the rest is ok! Thanks OP!
  • dynamitegalxo
    dynamitegalxo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ohhh. i've been eating recalled yogurt since sunday. gnarly.

i am SO glad i though to give this thread another look before i made dinner. all 12 cups in my fridge are in the recall. womp.
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I had one of these in my fridge yesterday. I'm thinking of switching to oikos or another brand for a while, which makes me sad because I love chobani flips and no other brand makes them.

Muller makes them. They are called "corners". Just has one tonight, plain with carmelized almonds-YUM