Gym crush!

Options
justplainshane
justplainshane Posts: 37 Member
edited December 2023 in Chit-Chat
Do you have a gym crush? Do you even want one or are you not bothered! Want to hear your thoughts! I will go first - I have one, there is this woman that I just think is gorgeous and strong! And her transformation has been amazing! She doesn't know she is my crush either.

Replies

• PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,846 Member
    Options
    This is mildly creepy.
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Having a crush on someone in the gym means you are staring or lusting at them which is creepy and weird. When I’m in the gym no one else exists to me. I don’t make friends, I don’t take notice of anyone else, I just do my thing and I get out. Plus, no other woman can come close to the sexiness or beauty of my girl anyway 🤤.
  • TamraLynn78
    TamraLynn78 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I work out in the privacy of my home. Don’t need any lurkers around the hip abduction machine…
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,871 Member
    Options
    I mostly just have creepy MFP crushes
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Wow! Check out the height of that horse 🐴
  • justplainshane
    Options
    I work out in the privacy of my home. Don’t need any lurkers around the hip abduction machine…

Now that would be creepy!
  • justplainshane
    Options
    Having a crush on someone in the gym means you are staring or lusting at them which is creepy and weird. When I’m in the gym no one else exists to me. I don’t make friends, I don’t take notice of anyone else, I just do my thing and I get out. Plus, no other woman can come close to the sexiness or beauty of my girl anyway 🤤.

Having a gym crush doesn't mean you are creepy about it and it doesn't mean you stare and lust. I'm sure everyone is adult enough and can appreciate another person, whether it's their looks or their progress. He'll even tell them every now and then as I'm sure it will boost their confidence. You don't have to want to sleep with them or be wierd about it.

Plus I'm married and nobody comes close to her either!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    tbf I do think there’s a respectful way to have a gym crush. I even think a healthy crush can add to the pleasure of being in the gym.

Then, again, with very few exceptions, my crushes tend to be just admiration and delight, rather than obsession and ogling. Maybe I shouldn’t call them crushes

I would keep it to myself though as not to make anyone uncomfortable.
  • justplainshane
    Options
    tbf I do think there’s a respectful way to have a gym crush. I even think a healthy crush can add to the pleasure of being in the gym.

Then, again, with very few exceptions, my crushes tend to be just admiration and delight, rather than obsession and ogling. Maybe I shouldn’t call them crushes

I would keep it to myself though as not to make anyone uncomfortable.

Spot on. See so I / we are just normal 😊
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,228 Member
    Options
    I don't see a problem with having a gym crush or an anything crush. It's good to admire downtown else and it's natural. Telling them would be weird and awkward and probably make the crush avoid you at all costs.

But heck if seeing your crush there makes you more enthusiastic to go to the gym then more power to you.

And quite honestly I don't understand this attitude of I go to the gym and don't see or associate with anyone else. Why can't you make friends at a place where you and others have common interests. So many people feel and are isolated these days due to attitudes like this. I could say that about going skating, many i see go and skate and don't talk to anyone. Well I call tell you the one lady who admitted to being depressed over the holidays said we brightened her day by talking and skating with her last week. If you're the type who wants to put your head down and make no personal connections you do you but don't make people feel the are somehow not as serious because they crave and want personal interaction with people with common interests.

Sorry diatribe but I just don't understand this
  • Brigit_1
    Brigit_1 Posts: 209 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I don't see a problem with having a gym crush or an anything crush. It's good to admire downtown else and it's natural. Telling them would be weird and awkward and probably make the crush avoid you at all costs.

But heck if seeing your crush there makes you more enthusiastic to go to the gym then more power to you.

And quite honestly I don't understand this attitude of I go to the gym and don't see or associate with anyone else. Why can't you make friends at a place where you and others have common interests. So many people feel and are isolated these days due to attitudes like this. I could say that about going skating, many i see go and skate and don't talk to anyone. Well I call tell you the one lady who admitted to being depressed over the holidays said we brightened her day by talking and skating with her last week. If you're the type who wants to put your head down and make no personal connections you do you but don't make people feel the are somehow not as serious because they crave and want personal interaction with people with common interests.

Love this post! ❤️

Can I crush on a post? 😂

(The only part I don't get is "It's good to admire downtown else" I assume it's autocorrect being silly. Other than that I support this post.)
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Yeah, I agree with this
  • BriansTrident
    BriansTrident Posts: 449 Member
    Options

I don’t know the last time you were in a gym but most people keep to themselves and don’t want to be bothered. They get into their “zone” and do their thing because for the average person fitting the gym into their schedule is already an undertaking. This is unless the person is one of those people who play on their phone more than they are actually doing something fitness related.
    You can go and make all the friends you want. I also never said there was anything wrong with that. I was just stating how I do because I’ve witnessed countless times people being annoyed by someone interrupting their flow or whatever.
    The crush part is weird to me. In my brain the gym is just one of those places that anything romantic, sexual, crush like should always be turned off. To each their own I supposed. Also my original comment was more of a general comment stating my view, not attacking the op for his.

• Alinouveau2
    Options
    Brigit_1 wrote: »

Love this post! ❤️

Can I crush on a post? 😂

(The only part I don't get is "It's good to admire downtown else" I assume it's autocorrect being silly. Other than that I support this post.)

I think I meant someone haha. Or downtown maybe I admire downtown 🤣😂🤣😂 (odd cause usually my auto correct changes downtown to Downton)
  • Brigit_1
    Options

The crush part is weird to me. In my brain the gym is just one of those places that anything romantic, sexual, crush like should always be turned off.

No offense but to me that sounds like "denial." In the gym you have ppl who are sometimes half naked, doing all kinds of physical activities and many have very attractive bodies. But maybe this doesn't affect you. IDK. I work out at home. I see nobody.

• Alinouveau2
    Options

The crush part is weird to me. In my brain the gym is just one of those places that anything romantic, sexual, crush like should always be turned off.

No offense but to me that sounds like "denial." In the gym you have ppl who are sometimes half naked, doing all kinds of physical activities and many have very attractive bodies. But maybe this doesn't affect you. IDK. I work out at home. I see nobody.

Yes!!! A "crush" doesn't have to be romantic to me that's a very immature way to look at it. I can crush someone simply for being committed and being consistent. Heck for even being encouraging to others. Perhaps crush and admiration are interchangeable? But then I can see someone attractive and crush their beauty without having to think of more than that is a beautiful person male or female and the beauty doesn't have to be the facade.
  • Brigit_1
    Options

Love this post! ❤️

Can I crush on a post? 😂

I think I meant someone haha. Or downtown maybe I admire downtown 🤣😂🤣😂 (odd cause usually my auto correct changes downtown to Downton)

LOL! Gotta love autocorrect.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,152 Member
    Options
    EdgeCoon wrote: »
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    This is mildly creepy.

Only mildly, which by mfp standards is slacking deeply. Do better. :rage:

You are my gym crush 😏😉
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options