Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    @HappyDonkey75 -believe it or not baker’s chocolate (unsweetened) works for me. It’s just chocolate. I have that a few times a week. But it is an acquired taste :o

oh I have heard that before but it definitely would be an acquired taste.. yikes.. might have to try it.. I did discover Lily's chocolate pieces , also seems like an acquired taste but not quite so bitter as I would imagine bakers chocolate is!

We usually buy the 70% (they have an 80% and 85% but they're a bit too bitter for me) Lindt chocolate. They even go up to a 99% but even the lady in the shop said that it's a very acquired taste
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member

JFT Thursday 29th Aug

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ❌ once, but still in green
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅
    Walk (it's raining again!) ✅

Got a walk in in between the rain. I was half way round when I got a sharp pain in my back, so painful walk home. So frustrating!

JFT Friday 30th

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk
    Dye hair
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,440 Member

JFT Thursday
    - Decorate cake :smiley:
    - Drop off mom's car :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:10
    - Drop off cake :smiley:
    - Go to meetings :smiley:
    - Home at lunch to get computer and let pup out :smiley:
    - Back to work :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Puppy Love :smiley:
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - Bed :smiley:

Yesterday was ok. Mom's car got cleaned up and no longer smells of smoke and dog. I left work early to play with Merlin, let him out, etc. He can be a handful and he is a biter. Dang it's annoying. When Tim got home, I left and went to check on mom, then he and I went to get mom's car. Decided since we were out, we would just to eat. Got my weekly hamburger fix at the Cocktail Bar. Got home and pretty much passed out on the couch.

Not much planned today. Took my 7:30 meeting from home. Good that I did because the water department showed up saying we had unusually high usage and that there was likely a leak. Ugh, luckily hubby was still home so I didn't have to bail on my meeting. I came into work after, but have little to do. It's also like a ghost town here. I think 80% of the day shift employees took today off to maximize the long weekend. Many are headed up to Morgantown to set up their tailgating for tomorrows big game against Penn State. I fear it will not be pretty. Plan was to leave work around 11:00 and work from home the rest of the day while watching the pup. The little ankle biter is a handful right now. He is sweet when he isn't trying to eat you. I don't know if I can stay until 11:00. Another hour of this will be torture. I think Tim is grilling steaks tonight, yum!

JFT Friday
    - 7:30 meeting :smiley:
    - Go into work until 11:00
    - Home
    - Play with puppy
    - Hopefully nap with dogs
    - Start laundry
    - Dinner at home
    - Restful night
    - Bed early
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,991 Member
    JFT for 8/29/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 8/24), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/26)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 8/30✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/27). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/27)✔️
    9) Don't have right now -- Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/22)✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/27)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Don't have right now No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/26)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Turkey patties ok today. (last 8/26)✔️
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️

JFT for 8/30/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today (last 8/24), unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 8/26)
    4) Don't weigh again until 9/1
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 8/29). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 8/27)
    9) Don't have right now -- Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 8/22)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 8/29)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Don't have right now No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 8/26)
    14) No more than 600 calories at lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) Turkey patties ok today. (last 8/26)

[/quote]
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After my cantaloupe, I won't eat again until dinner. Going to eat dinner early with FIL. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - done with early dinner. Now I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    edited August 31

JFT Friday 30th

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ❌
    No snacking ❌
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ❌
    Walk ✅
    Dye hair ✅

A little over, but not too bad yesterday.

I'm not sure how much I'll be on here for the next couple of months, maybe I could post just to do exercise goals. My son and family are moving in with me this weekend for a couple of months. I won't always be doing the cooking, and I don't want to weigh my food in front of children, so my logging wouldn't be accurate. I should keep up the no snacking rule though.

I bent over to put on my sock this morning and felt the pain in my back. It's actually my ribs moving which is causing the pain. So I'm being very careful when moving about. Quite frustrating on moving weekend! Tomorrow I'm meant to be volunteering again, and I really want to go. We might not have too many dry Sundays left this year.
    So today my goal is to do everything on my list, only slowly and carefully :)
  • more_freggies76
    edited August 31
    I'm going on a trip until Sep 23, so I won't be doing JFT, but will definitely do hour commitments as needed.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm. No desserts today.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,588 Member
    JFT 8/31 Sat. ~ Weather turning more seasonable = yay!
    1) Figure out supper / log all food / net calories green / 80 oz. water
    2) Min 5000 steps
    3) Month end measurements taken (not good) ~ need to log on MFP / farmers market ~ done / read / declutter 15 min. / call Mom / set alarm for church tomorrow a.m. / other?

Have exchanged messages with sister & eldest brother re bridge walk on Monday. We're planning to participate in the Annual Bridge Walk on the Mackinac Bridge (The Mighty Mac), which is closed to vehicle traffic on the morning of Labor Day. The bridge crosses the Straits of Mackinac, and connects the Lower and Upper Peninsulas of Michigan. The event begins at 7 a.m. (that's one hour ahead of our time zone LOL) and the bridge is reopened to traffic at noon. People can start from either end and, in the past, approx. 60,000 people participated.

The fitness run starts first, then the governor's party starts across, then everyone else. I'm planning to walk to the midpoint (top of bridge, which is 199' above the water) and turning around. That will give me a total of 5 miles. Not sure if my siblings are going farther across, but there are time limits & no shuttle buses, and we are driving during the night to get there. It's 4 hours from my city, and my sibs first drive 1.5 hours to our house. Then there will be the driving back ~ ugh. I'm excited, and a little nervous about the height. Hoping with the crowds around, I will be fine.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26. Ppl
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
      * moussaka America's Test Kitchen tv show ~ very tasty, nice size portions & filling, though complicated with four distinct layers & many prep steps ~ nice to have an alternate eggplant recipe
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {a lot of very hot/humid days}
    August: 5 days x1wk, 4x2, 1x1 {hot/humid & scheduling conflicts}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July 1x; Aug
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July / Aug
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Registered for 10.5.24 Bellin Women's 5K
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
        ~ overnight visit 8.13-8.14 / drove Dad to VA Clinic in Beaver Dam for his 7:30 a.m. physical (be there 15 min. early ~ ugh) / saw eldest brother both days & aunt on W
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
        7.13.24 farmers market with PZ
        8.1.24 belated bday lunch with PZ
        8.15.24 long phone call with sister
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until dinner with DH. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 1
    Well, DH wants to share a dessert, so I’m all in🤪 I won’t see him for 3 weeks so I’m enjoying our time together

Now I won’t eat again until tomprrow
  • pridesabtch
    Lazy day. Got up early with the pup, but was so tired by the time hubby got up I went back to sleep. Missed church. Maybe we’ll go to a movie today after we get the oil changed in mom’s old car.

Have a great Sunday!
  • more_freggies76
    edited September 1
    Hour commitment - After my bell peppers, I won't eat again until after 5 pm PST. Need to buy some backup stuff at airport like nuts or other treats to carry with me. But will try to wait until meal or snack on plane if it's not too late.

Won't check in again until Monday or Tuesday when I'm in France.
  • cschmitz110515
    Recap 8/31 Sat. ~ Weather turning more seasonable = yay!
    1) Figure out supper / log all food / net calories green / 80 oz. water :/ Net cals not green but not horrible, water 64 oz.
    2) Min 5000 steps :smiley: actually 8000
    3) Month end measurements taken (not good) ~ need to log on MFP / farmers market ~ done / read / declutter 15 min. / call Mom <3 / set alarm for church tomorrow a.m. / other? 2 loads of laundry hung outside & all put away, depooped yard & moved planters/yard art for hubby to mow, some house-cleaning :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 9/1 Sunday
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Log all food / 64 oz. water & none after 7 p.m. (don't need to pee while traveling across the U.P. tonight)
    3) Prep clothes & food for tonight & tomorrow / boil eggs / make hummer food & refill feeder / make sure phone is fully charged / nap/sleep by 6:30 or 7p.m. ~ sister, eldest brother, youngest brother & his wife expect to arrive our house 1:30 a.m. to pick me up en route to bridge walk / awake by 1 a.m. & check text updates / other?

Early this afternoon, I checked the Annual Bridge Walk website for bridge conditions... they post winds which can affect motorists on the very tall Mackinac Bridge (The Mighty Mac). There's currently a High Wind Warning (20-34 mph) that can impact semis, vehicles with trailers and motor homes. There're also several radio stations to check for updates. According to my weather app for the area, the winds are expected to die down this evening and into tomorrow. I sure hope so.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26. Ppl
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
      * moussaka America's Test Kitchen tv show ~ very tasty, nice size portions & filling, though complicated with four distinct layers & many prep steps ~ nice to have an alternate eggplant recipe
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {a lot of very hot/humid days}
    August: 5 days x1wk, 4x2, 1x1 {hot/humid & scheduling conflicts}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July 1x; Aug
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July / Aug
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Registered for 10.5.24 Bellin Women's 5K
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
        ~ overnight visit 8.13-8.14 / drove Dad to VA Clinic in Beaver Dam for his 7:30 a.m. physical (be there 15 min. early ~ ugh) / saw eldest brother both days & aunt on W
        ~ overnight visit 9.11-9.12 planned
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
        7.13.24 farmers market with PZ
        8.1.24 belated bday lunch with PZ
        8.15.24 long phone call with sister
        9.2.24 Annual Bridge Walk at Mighty Mac with C, S, A&D
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • littleblackskirt

So today my goal is to do everything on my list, only slowly and carefully :)

I did manage to do everything I wanted on Saturday :) apart from cutting the grass. It's rained overnight so not likely today either.

I couldn't even tell you what I ate yesterday! It was hectic, volunteered in town until lunchtime, then the family moving took until bedtime. We were all wiped out by 10pm.

Today kids are off to school, and I'll post a few goals.

JFT Monday 2nd

No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won’t eat again until tomorrow.
  • cschmitz110515
    I'm not posting goals or food today. I wanted to post that l walked the span of The Mighty Mac Bridge today, from north to south, and back again. Weather was fantastic. Fitbit has me at 23,641 steps. Here are some photos.
    Ready to start 7:30 a m. Eldest brother, sister, youngest brother, his wife.
    33k2gpi2euke.jpg

On our way to the south end.
    mdq45ikvakol.jpg

Me photobombing my brother.
    7ssce3wcdgqk.jpg

North end tower. Midpoint was between the two towers. We could see several people on the top of the towers.
    fdro5k65lmui.jpg

We reached the turn around point for the double crossers.
    3vw7c3ny9ymq.jpg

I handled the bridge height just fine. Totally unexpected and a bit freaky, we felt the bridge sway at several spots near the towers, apparently due to all the people walking.
    7ltm7jcwnphl.jpg

5 very happy and tired finishers.
    yvxse730wa3x.jpg
  • littleblackskirt
    @cschmitz110515 What a great day, looks like you had a lovely time!

JFT Monday 2nd

No snacking ❌ one biscuit, 116 cals
    PF exercises ❌ forgot
    General exercises ✅
    Walk ✅ rained all day, but we managed a walk to the play park in the evening

Still getting used to the new normal, very odd not having to cook my own evening meal! I shall miss them all when they leave.

Today I'm meeting my walking friend, then to an outdoor cafe for tea (and cake?)

JFT Tuesday 3rd

No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 202 Member
    JFT
    How is it already September? Summer went to quickly .
    We were going to take down our outdoor pool over the weekend but this week is going to remain in the 80's. Honestly , night time temps are dipping so low that the water is quite cold . We decided for this week we are essentially using it as a cold plunge. I have never been a fan of that practice but I started doing it this weekend and wow.. its kind of addicting.. I felt like a steaming pile of poo yesterday all day and finally decided to cold plunge in the evening..I honestly felt 80% better than I had ALL day..

Back to work today !
    Hit my protein goal of 110
    Do my SIT workout or some kind of cardio
    Take the dogs for a walk
    Teaching one student tonight

Have a great short week everyone
  • pridesabtch
    edited September 3
    Hope y'all had a good weekend, and for the US folks a good long weekend.

We didn't do much, mostly just puppy "training". Really just cleaning up pee and trying to keep him from biting us and the other dog. He does really well in the kennel, but when he's free roaming he pees all the time. I took him out yesterday and he peed, then we came in and he peed 2 more times in the next 10 minutes. It's crazy. I know he can hold it because he does it in the kennel, but I can't figure out how to get him to wait when he's not in the kennel. Reminding myself we've only been working with him for a week. We'll get there. Looking at sending him to boarded training to get the basics. The school Gia went to was very good, but it's in Pittsburgh. Tim found one in Ohio, but they haven't returned our call yet.

I was supposed to be going to my aunt's Celebration of Life this afternoon, but it got postponed. My cousin's significant other is in the hospital and not doing well. Both of his kidneys have failed and they need to do surgery, but his health is inhibitive. He's been on dialysis for over 10 years, but last week the second kidney "died". If you are the praying type, please add her to your list. Losing her mom and now looking at a tough road for Danney is a lot for her. Her mom was only 63, and her SO is not even 50 yet.

I think this evening after I go to mom's, I will start cleaning V's room. It is so bad that it overwhelms her and she freezes. Hopefully if Tim and I can get it in order, she can keep it in order.

JFT Tuesday
    - Let pup out between 2:00 & 3:00am :smiley:
    - Get pup up at 6:00 to let out, feed and play before work. :smiley:
    - Work by 7:00, Meeting at 7:15 :smiley:
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Go to mom's
    - Home to clean and play with pup
    - No alcohol
    - Bed by 10:30pm