JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,621 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,484 Member
    edited April 25
    Options
    @mytime6630 Personally, I think your neighbor is overly restrictive, and I would never be able to eat like that. But I don't know her activity level, as well. Plus, I always eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (supper), with snacks if I'm being active. And I try to always have protein with every meal & snack, to keep me filled up. Eating more fiber helps too.

Recap 4/24 W
    1) Schwans fish, veg & side salad for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley: did great all day, only snack was some string cheese
    2) Walked dog :sunglasses: 4.13 miles happy dog & happy me
    3) Chores / read / other? made grocery list :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 4/25 R
    1) Leftovers for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog
    3) Grocery shop ~ done / any other chores? / read / other?

Hubby and I are members of our local botanical gardens, it's about two miles away from our house (it's also our polling station for elections). There's a huge variety of things to see and do there, including various gardens, a large pond, test gardens, and the children's garden that was expanded to 5 acres last year, with splash pads & lookout bridges, etc. It's a popular spot for outdoor weddings. I'm looking forward next to the explosion of tulips. During summer, we attend weekly concerts at the amphitheater.

And I love daffodils! They are some of the earliest plants that flower here, after a winter of short days, cold and snow. They are so cheery! Here's some photos of daffodils I planted last fall in front of our house (after digging up the landscape rocks and fabric - grrr). The bulbs were given to me by Dad when he dug up some of his. Plus the bleeding hearts are starting to bloom. Very early this time of year, but weather has been so goofy.

bu67lugi2ybt.jpg
    ki53jgukv5nj.jpg

5# Challenge (ends May 1):
    SW 184 on 3/18/24
    3/23/24 = 182.5 most likely sodium/water drop plus keeping portions proper
    3/30/24 = 182 working hard to clean house & prep food for Easter dinner, no dog walks for one week due to that & weather
    4/6/24 = 184 too many Easter treats & too few dog walks due to nasty weather
    4/12/24 = 182 still some Easter treats, but more dog walks too
    4/20/24 = 183.5 ack! too few dog walks due to weather & overnight travel, plus still some Easter treats around
    Challenge Goal 179

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 & eldest brother visited
      overnight visit 4.18-4.19 & took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
      3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
      3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
      4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ C at AVB concert
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,331 Member
    Options

Hubby and I are members of our local botanical gardens, it's about two miles away from our house (it's also our polling station for elections). There's a huge variety of things to see and do there, including various gardens, a large pond, test gardens, and the children's garden that was expanded to 5 acres last year, with splash pads & lookout bridges, etc. It's a popular spot for outdoor weddings. I'm looking forward next to the explosion of tulips. During summer, we attend weekly concerts at the amphitheater.

And I love daffodils! They are some of the earliest plants that flower here, after a winter of short days, cold and snow. They are so cheery! Here's some photos of daffodils I planted last fall in front of our house (after digging up the landscape rocks and fabric - grrr). The bulbs were given to me by Dad when he dug up some of his. Plus the bleeding hearts are starting to bloom. Very early this time of year, but weather has been so goofy.

bu67lugi2ybt.jpg
    ki53jgukv5nj.jpg

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship

Funny how different our climates must be. I just cut my daffodils back, and my bleeding heart is in full bloom. The deer ate my last year and none seem to be coming up this year.

• more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 4/25/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 4/13), unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 4/17)✔️
    4) I won't weigh again until Friday, Apr 26.✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) Chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/14)✔️Didn't eat today.
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 4/23)✔️
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 4/24)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 4/24)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants✔️
    16) Can have lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 4/26/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 4/13), unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 4/17)
    4) I won't weigh again until Friday, Apr 26.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) Chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/14)
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 4/25)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 4/24)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 4/24)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    **Not doing most of this until my eye is better

4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    Anyhow, goals for tomorrow, thurs, 4/25
    1. Log all food. Aim for no more than 1400 calories >:) Calories are at 1569, but, I went to the gym in the morning, and worked in the yard doing weed pulling, prepping flower beds, etc from 1 pm until 4 pm.
    2. concentrate on water. Get that red solo cup, and put one by the kitchen sink and one in the bathroom :) I finally remember tonite to use that red cup.. so,, I got in about 6 cups. Better than yesterday.
    3. go to the gym. I skipped today thinking I would walk, but we mowed grass instead
    4. work in flower beds. Debating on planting my flowers. We are suppose to have severe weather friday and sunday.. ha.. I don't want my babies ruined by a hailstorm! Prepped 5 flower beds ... took me almost 3 hours. I am so :) re!
    5. work on quilt
    6. get back on here tomorrow. Be accountable. Rememeber the 5 pound challenge! :)
    So I told my neightbor I am counting calories, and I did feel she isn't eating enough. Unlike me though, she is not that active.. she sits most of the day reading. But, tonite when we each "reported" to the other, I have over 1500 calories... her calories wern't even 900! She had only 868. There is no way I could function on that few of calories,and I do wonder how long she will even be able to do this.
    So thanks for you guys for responding. I do agree, this is not something a person could do for very long.
    I have always felt that losing weight has to be a lifestyle change. not something you go on for 5 months by eating so little, that once you get off it, you will gain it all back. She will probably drop her weight faster than I will.... but I am trying to make this a lifestyle change.. I change I can live with and still be active. If I only ate 900 calories, I don't think I'd have the energy to go to the gym or work in the yard. I'm not willing to give that up.
    So.. I'm going to continue with what I am doing. Like @cschmitz110515 I also try and incorporate protein with each meal.
    So my goals for tomorrow, Friday, 4/26
    1. try to watch what I eat. Aim to keep calories around 1400
    2. work in yard
    3. Look at that red cup and actually use it. Try and get in 8+ water
    4. work on quilt
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11". Been married 47+ years, 2 children, 2 grandkids ( + 3 step grandkids)
    Lives in Missouri. I love to garden, go for long walks, quilt, sew charity stuff. My goal is to stay as "young" as I possibly can... to not only look good, but to feel good, have energy, be able to continue to get up and down gardening, biking, and walking.

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    Weekly Weigh-ins
    Jan 7: 209.0
    Feb 1: 206.2 (goal was 205)
    March 3: 206.2 (Goal was 199)
    March 10: Did not weigh in
    March 17: 207.2 -- not going anywhere!! Starting the 5 pound challenge
    March 24: 205.8 -- did pretty good all week until yesterday. Hoping to get back on track today!!
    March 31: Did not weigh ... Easter sunday, and we were out of town.
    April 7:
    222. 9. Down 2 pounds in 2 weeks... but not feeling well, and not eating nearly as much, but also not exercising.
    April 14: 206.8 -- no exercising at all, spending most of my days just sitting around. Hoping soon to feel better.
    April 21:
    April 28:
    5 pound challenge
    5 pound challenge
    SW: 207
    GW for May 1st end of challenge: 202

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    Okay so I did really well yesterday. I DID allow myself some snacks. Which I know I said I wouldn't do. But by the end of the day I have around 1000 calories left over and I had about 500 calories left of my daily amount of just food.

My diary also only logged all my walking calories. I can't measure my exercise ones so I leave them off so I've actually got even more calories left.

But even so I'm under my food calorie goal. And have 500+ calories left from yesterday. So can't really complain about that.

I had alot of green and fruit tea yesterday to keep away the cravings lol!!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Here in Scotland my bleeding heart is also in full bloom. Some of the daffodils are flopping a bit after last night's frost though. It's been a very cold and wet spring this year.

JFT Thursday 25th

THINK before I eat ✅
    Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ❌ 28 over
    No snacking ❌ the other half of the biscuit!
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌
    Housework/tidying day ✅

I should have gone for a short walk last night, but my feet were sore. I've been managing 20/30 minutes most days even though I've not listed it as a goal. Last night I got sucked in by family tree stuff online. I haven't done much but it's very interesting, I found my great grandfather's birth certificate...mother an agricultural worker, unmarried. Father not listed. Sounds like a hard life!
    Unfortunately sitting online doesn't use up many calories. I wonder what that mother in 1861 would have thought of all the comforts we have nowadays :)

JFT Friday 26th

THINK before I eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    Plan evening meal, don't wait until 5pm to look in the freezer!
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Collect prescription

5lb challenge

SW 19/3 182
    CW 2/4 181
    CW 9/4 181
    CW 16/4 180.5
    CW 23/4 181
    CW 26/4 180

Not my usual weighing day, but I'm adding in my weight today as it's definitely down that pound now!
    Just realised how close we are to the end of the month.

• pridesabtch
    Options
    5# Challenge
    SW: 189.0
    3/20: 187.0
    3/21: 185.6
    3/27: 187.6
    3/29: 187.0
    3/30: 185.2
    3/31: 184.2
    4/1: 183.2
    4/2: 182.2
    4/3: 183.2
    4/4: 183.2
    4/5: 183.2 - Glad it didn't go up, had Mexican for dinner and ate too many chips...
    4/6: 183.2 - consistent but annoying
    4/7: 184.2 - hubby wanted to go out and watch the basketball games last night. Calories were a little high and I had a great drinks.
    4/8: 184.8 - bumped up, but was within cals yesterday, not too worried about it.
    4/9: DNW
    4/10: DNW
    4/11: DNW
    4/17: 183.6
    4/18: 183.6
    4/19: 183.4
    4/22: 188.2
    JFT Thursday
    - Pick up doughnuts :smiley:
    - Work by 8:00 :(
    - Study my reactions for the show :smiley:
    - Figure out some budget things :smiley:
    - Science show :smiley:
    - Home by 4:30 :(
    - Infusion :smiley:
    - Finish the Solo; Star Wars movie :(
    - Hockey :( fell asleep
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Ran a couple errands after work yesterday, and had dinner out. Need to go to the grocery today so we can actually cook something. Tim just needs out of the house in the evenings, but I'd kind of like some space from him. I know that sounds awful, but I wish I could just take a nap without him hovering.

V called me last night at 12:30am and we talked until 2:00 am. She was very upset and I think experiencing an anxiety related panic attack. Needless to say, I'm exhausted this morning.

Plan for tonight is laundry, and sweeping the floors (again) while watching the end of the movie.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Audit lockouts/inspect the kettles :smiley:
    - Research therapist in Kent for V
    - Home by noon
    - Nap
    - Laundry
    - Floors
    - Grocery
    - Dinner
    - Hockey, Bruins play tonight
    - Bed

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 4/26/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Apr 29.
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) Chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/14)
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 4/25)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 4/24)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 4/24)
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap 4/25 R
    1) Leftovers for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water :neutral: did ok except too many banana chips as snack... logged best guess
    2) Walk dog :sunglasses: 3.96 miles happy dog & happy me
    3) Grocery shop ~ done / any other chores? balanced bank accts, updated budget s/s, checked status of SSA benefits application (no change) / read / other? made overnight oats :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 4/26 F
    1) Sloppy joes, Suddenly Salad & baked beans for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog
    3) Forgot hair appt ~ oops / wash dishes / check birdbaths & feeders & refill as necessary / read / other?

Yesterday, hubby went to visit his two sisters for the afternoon, and I took the opportunity to putz around in the house. I love him, but during much of my career, I was an independent, single woman, and I lived alone for 24 years before we married. As I tell him, there was a reason I lived alone: I liked it. He's a homebody, and since we've retired, I'm doing stuff away from home way more than he is. Of course, we do some stuff together, always have. But having the house to myself was great!

This morning I got a call from my hairdresser... I totally forgot my appt. today! Oops. She's known me for years, and knows that's not like me, so called. I apologized profusely, and we rescheduled. I've been thinking of growing my hair out longer, and now I will have to a bit, since she's busy with her daughter's bridal shower and upcoming wedding. I've set multiple reminders for my next appt. in May. LOL

SW 184 on 3/18/24
    3/30/24 = 182 working hard to clean house & prep food for Easter dinner, no dog walks for one week due to that & weather
    4/20/24 = 183.5 ack! too few dog walks due to weather & overnight travel, plus still some Easter treats around
    Challenge Goal 179

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    edited April 26
    Options
    Happy Friday! It’s chilly here and we have some rain moving in later. Partly sunny skies this morning though so I’m trying to enjoy it while it lasts. I find that blue skies and sunshine can really make or break my mood—seeing sunshine can be a real pick-me-up! I’m loving all the photos of flowers you’re posting. I can’t wait until it’s warm enough to plant flower boxes here. We have been planting more and more perennials every year also. It’s nice to have the blooms every year without all the work of planting. 😊

@Bex953172 I love your flower garden! Cheerful!

@cschmitz110515 the botanical garden photos are so pretty! My stepson got married there many moons ago and it was just gorgeous! That’s so nice you and hubby are able to be members and enjoy it as much as you do. Are you looking forward to the Farmers Markets and things to open up in Green Bay? I sure am! Can’t wait for warmer weather! Oh and I totally understand craving that alone time! I love my husband and there’s no one I’d rather hang out with, but since retiring I’ve found myself loving those quiet times at home too.

@mytime6630 I totally agree that your neighbor is not eating enough calories! She will undoubtedly lose weight that way, but it isn’t a healthy or sustainable way to lose and she will end up gaining it all back if she doesn’t actually form some healthier eating habits. Just my opinion! Have you put your numbers into MFP to see how many calories it suggests for your height for weight loss? I’m 5’4” and it says about 1400 calories for me to lose 1 lb per week. At 5’11” it seems like your recommended intake should be more than 1400. I guess I don’t know how many lbs per week you’re shooting for though. I’m also struggling with getting m6 water in. Why is that so darn hard?! 😂 I hope you share photos of the quilts you’re making. I love seeing them. I wish I were good at the actual quilting….I can only do the stitch-in-the-ditch or straight line quilting. I’d love to be able to free motion quilt! Did you teach yourself?

@Snowflake1968 how’s work going? Is it an internship you’re doing?

Just for Friday
    1. 24H plan & assess
    2. 64 oz water (Drink 4 bottles of water. COUNT THEM! It’s not that hard!)
    3. Close 2 activity rings
    4. Declutter - 15 minutes
    5. Home Care / Admin Tasks
    6. One Joy List activity
    7. Log every bite and close Food Diary at end of day.
    8. Evening routine.

Remember: Eat only for hunger and only to enough! Food is for fuel, not entertainment. Choose your fuel wisely.
    🍎🫐🥑🥦🥒🥬🫑🌽🥕🫙🥗🍤
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 4/26/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 4/13), unless I want sugarfree or no-sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 4/17)✔️Didn't eat today.
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Apr 29.✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/24). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) Chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 4/14)✔️Didn't eat today.
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 4/25)✔️
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 4/24)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 4/24)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch✔️.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants✔️

JFT for 4/27/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 4/25)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 4/26)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 4/26)
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

Sample

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,076 Member
    Options
    My god yesterday went awfully. No matter what way I tried it, it just wasn't going to fit into calories. But enchilada night is always a tricky one to keep low! But because I messed up I figured I might aswell get all the snacks out the way LOL probs not the best idea but now today I can plan my meals a bit better for the next week ahead!

I was just so hungry yesterday. We did alot of walking and I was just completely shattered from it!
    I keep telling myself by next month I'll have a car. LOL!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options

JFT Friday 26th

THINK before I eat ✅
    Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅
    Plan evening meal, don't wait until 5pm to look in the freezer! ✅ would have worked if the roll hadn't been mouldy when I went to eat it. A hazard of living alone, I don't get through food quickly enough.
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌
    Collect prescription ✅ walked, about 30 minutes

JFT Saturday 27th

THINK before I eat
    Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

5lb challenge

SW 19/3 182
    CW 2/4 181
    CW 9/4 181
    CW 16/4 180.5
    CW 23/4 181
    CW 26/4 180

• more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 4/27/24 (today)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 4/26). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 4/25)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 4/26)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 4/26)
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• pridesabtch
    Options
    5# Challenge
    SW: 189.0
    3/20: 187.0
    3/21: 185.6
    3/27: 187.6
    3/29: 187.0
    3/30: 185.2
    3/31: 184.2
    4/1: 183.2
    4/2: 182.2
    4/3: 183.2
    4/4: 183.2
    4/5: 183.2 - Glad it didn't go up, had Mexican for dinner and ate too many chips...
    4/6: 183.2 - consistent but annoying
    4/7: 184.2 - hubby wanted to go out and watch the basketball games last night. Calories were a little high and I had a great drinks.
    4/8: 184.8 - bumped up, but was within cals yesterday, not too worried about it.
    4/9: DNW
    4/10: DNW
    4/11: DNW
    4/17: 183.6
    4/18: 183.6
    4/19: 183.4
    4/22: 188.2

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Audit lockouts/inspect the kettles :smiley:
    - Research therapist in Kent for V 😀
    - Home by noon😒
    - Nap😀
    - Laundry😒
    - Floors😀
    - Grocery😒
    - Dinner😀
    - Hockey, Bruins play tonight😒
    - Bed😀

Taught a beginners spin class this morning then went for a bike ride. Not much else going on today.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm, unless we need to have dinner with FIL (can eat what I want at restaurant). If at home, I won't eat any of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap 4/26 F
    1) Sloppy joes, Suddenly Salad & baked beans for supper / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley:
    2) Walk dog :sunglasses: 4.05 mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Forgot hair appt ~ oops / wash dishes / check birdbaths & feeders & refill as necessary / read / other? pm'd C & made lunch plans, called Mom <3

JFT 4/26 Sat ~ planned rest day (windy with very strong gusts)
    1) Log all food / 64 oz. water
    2) Podcast 9 a.m. / wash dishes including Easter candy bowls / pick up Hmong egg rolls at church (annual sale yum) / read / other?

SW 184 on 3/18/24
    4/27/24 = 182.5 still have Easter treats around
    Challenge Goal 179

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
      Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr
    • Always a good idea
      overnight visit 5.2-5.3

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,207 Member
    edited April 28
    Options
    Did not get goals posted for today.. but I had an OK day, just super tired.I worked in the yard for 4 hours planting and digging ... it just wore me out. But like hubby said,I don't have to do it all in one day. So I will finish tomorrow.
    Goals for tomorrow, Sunday, 4/28
    1. log all food. Keep calories 1400-1500
    2. concentrate on water. Drink from that red solo cup.. 8+ glasses

OMG.. I realized our 5 pound challenge will end in just 3 days! Ha.. I don't think I'm going to meet my goal.
    Does anyone want another month of the 5# challenge? While I don't think I met my goals, it did help me to at least try a little harder.
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11". Been married 47+ years, 2 children, 2 grandkids ( + 3 step grandkids)
    Lives in Missouri. I love to garden, go for long walks, quilt, sew charity stuff. My goal is to stay as "young" as I possibly can... to not only look good, but to feel good, have energy, be able to continue to get up and down gardening, biking, and walking.

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    Weekly Weigh-ins
    Jan 7: 209.0
    Feb 1: 206.2 (goal was 205)
    March 3: 206.2 (Goal was 199)
    March 10: Did not weigh in
    March 17: 207.2 -- not going anywhere!! Starting the 5 pound challenge
    March 24: 205.8 -- did pretty good all week until yesterday. Hoping to get back on track today!!
    March 31: Did not weigh ... Easter sunday, and we were out of town.
    April 7:
    225. 9. Down 2 pounds in 2 weeks... but not feeling well, and not eating nearly as much, but also not exercising.
    April 14: 206.8 -- no exercising at all, spending most of my days just sitting around. Hoping soon to feel better.
    April 21:
    April 28:
    5 pound challenge
    5 pound challenge
    SW: 207
    GW for May 1st end of challenge: 202