JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    I had to search back 12 pages to find my last post.. and I know I have missed so much inbetween.
    Had a wonderful visit with our son, and grandkids. Watched our first grandson graduate from HS, then watched him coach flag football... 8 year olds. He loves it, and just found out his little team won the championship. So proud of that little guy (well.. hes' not little, hes 18, but little in my eyes).
    I did write the discussions about how hard it is to lose weight, and how discouraging it it. Boy.. I can so relate. My weight is the same as it was on January 1st when I recommitted. That is even after 2 5-pound challenges. I just can't seem to get going, and stick with it. I do OK for a week.. then get off for 2-3 weeks.
    But... to all of us struggling .. we are still here. We are still trying, and that is what is important. We are not giving up!
    Since its pretty late in the day today, my only goal today is to not eat anything more tonite. My calories are right where they should be .. 1350... I am not hungry. But... usually, it doesn't matter. In the evenings I just want something to eat.
    So... tonite... no more eating.
    And get back on here tomorrow.. be accountable.
    Still working on the 5 pound challenge!
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11". Been married 47+ years, 2 children, 2 grandkids ( + 3 step grandkids)
    Lives in Missouri. I love to garden, go for long walks, quilt, sew charity stuff. My goal is to stay as "young" as I possibly can... to not only look good, but to feel good, have energy, be able to continue to get up and down gardening, biking, and walking.

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
  • more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,774 Member
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 I'm with ya Joan! I'm struggling too! As always!

Can't remember if I ever posted about it but Marley had her ADHD assessment a couple of weeks ago, it went really well. She had a couple more tests to do and then I'm assuming we should get a diagnosis?

But then I am going to go for my diagnosis. I've long suspected it. Ash doesn't seem to think I have it. He DEFINITELY does. But there's 3 types, hyperactive (Ash), inattentive (Me) and Combined, which is a mixture of the two.

So because I'm not like him he thinks I don't have it? So bummed out he doesn't support me fully on it but in the same breath sod him and I'm gonna do it anyway LOL

He also spoke to me about my weight, he's the only one who can, a bit like your husband Joan he can say you're getting a bit bigger without having to go in the garden and start shoveling out his grave.

Ash isn't bothered, but he knows I will be. And he was very polite about it but basically said everything's getting fat again. I've asked for help, he said he would, I just said I've been comfort eating alot and he told me not to worry and I'll feel better when I get in the gym regularly. And he's right I will!

Only a few more days!

A dress arrived today aswell from TikTok Shop. It's gorgeous, but literally need to lose only a little weight to make it look nice. It even looks nice now, and a decent shape wear would sort out my lumps and bumps but I'd rather lose the weight than hide the weight.

Hope everyone else is well.
    Still want to get back to logging. I need to wait for my brain to deem it important and un-boring to do it again 🙄 I think that's why I find it so hard to stay on track!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,389 Member
    edited June 7
    Options
    New long term goals:
    Drink alcohol only 1 day a week :smile: :smiley::smile:
    Eat real food for breakfast & lunch instead of snack cakes :smile: :smiley::smile:
    On evenings when I'm home, walk for at least 30 minutes :(:neutral::smile:

JFT Thursday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Watch vendor do installation of new SEM/EDX :smiley:
    - Mom's :smiley:
    - Shop :smiley:
    - Home by 5:00 :(
    - Walk :( Raining by the time I got home
    - Nap :(
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - Log food :(
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Got out of work a little late so I got to mom's late. I convinced her to let me take her to the grocery store to spend her stipend for food. It was a bit tedious, because she kept forgetting what she had in the cart and wanted to go back and get it. We went down every aisle and I think she got a nice selection of meals, and a *kitten* ton of desserts. I thought about saying something about the total number of sweets, but decided not to. Though it was slow, I counted the hour at the grocery as my walk yesterday. Got her groceries in the house and finally headed home. It was 7:00 before I got home and it had just started raining. Tim is a doll and made Korean rice bowls with shrimp for dinner. TBH it wasn't great, but I didn't have to cook and it was very low calorie, yet filling. I laid down after dinner and went to sleep on the couch. Woke up this morning. Slept well for the first time in ages according to my watch. Also according to my watch my stress levels have been ridiculous lately even when I sleep many nights. I don't know how the watch measures it, but it ain't wrong. Been really fretting over Tim's surgery next week.

Anyway today is half day at work, half day at home. Then go reassemble the submarine at the church. No evening plans.

New long term goals:
    Eat real food for breakfast & lunch instead of snack cakes :smile: :smiley::smile:

JFT Friday
    - Pay mom's bills / make some calls about double billing
    - Work stuff
    - Home by 1:00
    - Work from home until 4:30
    - Go to church to set up sub
    - Dinner
    - No alcohol
    - log food
    - stay green
    - Bed by 10:00

• more_freggies76
    edited June 7
    Options
    JFT for 6/6/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) Can have desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/2)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/4)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 6/10✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) No Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/22)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/3)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 6/5)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/4)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Ground turkey ok today.✔️
    17) Can eat lunch early due to lunch meeting.✔️
    JFT for 6/7/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/2)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/4)
    4) Won't weigh again until 6/10
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/22)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/3)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 6/5)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/6)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) No ground turkey ok today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    Options
    Goals for today, friday, 6/7
    1. log all food
    2. keep calories under 1500
    3. aim for 100 gm of protein
    4. eat 1 piece of dark chocolate (I read that just 1 piece, of 95% dark chocolate, helps with cravings and as an appetite suppressent. I;m trying this. Calories for 3 pieces is 180... I'm only eating 1 piece a day, 50 calories.
    5. aim for 8+ cups of water.

Still working on the 5 pound challenge!
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11". Been married 47+ years, 2 children, 2 grandkids ( + 3 step grandkids)
    Lives in Missouri. I love to garden, go for long walks, quilt, sew charity stuff. My goal is to stay as "young" as I possibly can... to not only look good, but to feel good, have energy, be able to continue to get up and down gardening, biking, and walking.

Goals for 2024:

Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    [/quote]

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Recap 6/6 R
    1) Supper? hot dogs plus leftover veggie sides / log all food / 64+ oz. water :neutral: Net cals not great but ok. Water 80 oz. (I want to be well-hydrated before race.)
    2) Walked dog 4.02 mi :smiley: happy dog & happy me
    3) 2 loads laundry (several rain showers including a downpour wet everything on the line UGH) / wash dishes / depoop backyard / pull then replace yard do-dads & move picnic table for hubby to mow / read ~ not enough / other? hung line-dry clothes in house, put wet clothes that could in dryer, folded dry laundry & put some away :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 6/7 F
    1) Pre-race spaghetti supper / log all food (best guess) / 80 oz. water
    2) Walked dog 3.85 mi :smiley: visited with Kim & Bogie, happy me & happy dog
    3) Rehang damp laundry outside / empty kitchen compost bucket into bin / put away rest of laundry / race packet pick-up & supper 5:00 Astor Park / prep clothes (since rain predicted, take hat & find poncho) & bib / set alarm for 6:30 (race starts 8 a.m.)

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered early on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
      overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
      overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
      Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
      overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
      3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
      3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
      4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
      5.6.24 lunch with CAS
      5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
      6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
      6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options

JFT for 6/7/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/2)
    4) Won't weigh again until 6/10
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/5). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 5/22)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/6)
    16) No ground turkey ok today.
    JFT for 6/8/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    **Going to be flexible today, afternoon BBQ
    1) Desserts ok today. (last 6/2)

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/8/24 (today)✔️
    **Going to be flexible today, afternoon BBQ
    1) Desserts ok today. (last 6/2)

Sample

• mytime6630
    Options
    JFt, Sat, 6/8
    1. log all food - keep calories under 1500
    2. concentrate on drinking more water
    3. no snacking -- eat 1 dark chocolate bar - 50 calories.
    4. work on finishing quilt
    5. go to flea market

Goals for 2024:

Weight Goals:
    [s]1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July. New goal for July 1st -- 195
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September New goal for ultimate goal weight ... November

• more_freggies76
    edited June 8
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until at the party. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • cschmitz110515
    edited June 8
    Options
    Recap 6/7 F
    1) Pre-race spaghetti supper / log all food (best guess) / 80 oz. water :smiley: Net calories -330 but since some guesses, I'm not worried. 92 oz water YAY
    3) Rehang damp laundry outside / empty kitchen compost bucket into bin & found dead baby mouse in yard (hubby's turn to pick up LOL) / put away rest of laundry / race packet pick-up & supper 5:00 Astor Park / prep clothes (since rain predicted, take hat & find poncho) & bib / set alarm for 6:30 (race starts 8 a.m.) :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 6/8 Sat.
    1) 6:30 alarm ~ must've been excited for race, I was awake at 6 A.M. !!! / walk in my 27th Bellin Run 10K :smiley: rained lightly most of race, then steady, heavier rain my last mile or so but I kept pushing forward! Unfortunately, after party in park with live band (one of my favorite area bands) was a bust at that point.
    2) Farmers market after race (I switched out of sports bra & tech shirt, both soaked through from sweat under my poncho haha) & my favorite vendors were happy to see me on a rainy morning (they lose sales in weather like that) / any to-do is a win
    3) Log all food, including post-race / 80 oz. water

I'm slowing down, I assume with age & my weight, but I'm still doing it!
    t0kkrtdijod2.jpg

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
    • Registered early on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
      overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
      5.6.24 lunch with CAS

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    edited June 9
    Options
    JFT for 6/9/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/8) Leave rest of baklava and marshmallows for DH.
    4) Won't weigh again until 6/13
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/7)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/8)
    16) Ground turkey ok today.

Sample

• more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/9/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/8) Leave rest of baklava and marshmallows for DH.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/7)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/8)
    16) Ground turkey ok today.
    17) Can eat dinner early if we have to take FIL out. No more than one bread.

Sample

• cschmitz110515
    edited June 9
    Options
    Recap 6/8 Sat.
    1) 6:30 alarm ~ must've been excited for race, I was awake at 6 A.M. !!! / walk in my 27th Bellin Run 10K :smiley: rained lightly most of race, then steady, heavier rain my last mile or so but I kept pushing forward! Unfortunately, after party in park with live band (one of my favorite area bands) was a bust at that point.
    2) Farmers market after race (I switched out of sports bra & tech shirt, both soaked through from sweat under my poncho haha) & my favorite vendors were happy to see me on a rainy morning (they lose sales in weather like that) / any to-do is a win = called Mom <3 TA-DA! :smiley:
    3) Log all food, including post-race ~ did my best guess / 80 oz. water :smiley:

JFT 6/9 Sun. ~ weather is cloudy & breezy with cool temp & I don't feel like a dog walk today
    1) Church 9:00 :smiley:
    2) Log all food / 80 oz. water
    3) PT exercises / min. 7,500 steps
    4) Refill watering cans from rain barrels / wash dishes / read / R2AK tracker/posts / other?

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June x
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May /
      • Registered early (rats, missed out on waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Always a good idea
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - After my vegetables, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 6/9/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts today unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 6/8) Leave rest of baklava and marshmallows for DH.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 6/4)✔️
    4) Won't weigh again until 6/13✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No peanuts today.✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 6/7)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 5/3)✔️Didn't eat today.
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 6/5)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/8)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Ground turkey ok today.✔️
    17) Can eat dinner early if we have to take FIL out. No more than one bread.✔️
    JFT for 6/10/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 6/8). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No more of the canned mixed nuts today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 6/9)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 6/8)
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 6/9)

Sample

• pridesabtch
    Options
    Recap 6/7 F
    1) Pre-race spaghetti supper / log all food (best guess) / 80 oz. water :smiley: Net calories -330 but since some guesses, I'm not worried. 92 oz water YAY
    3) Rehang damp laundry outside / empty kitchen compost bucket into bin & found dead baby mouse in yard (hubby's turn to pick up LOL) / put away rest of laundry / race packet pick-up & supper 5:00 Astor Park / prep clothes (since rain predicted, take hat & find poncho) & bib / set alarm for 6:30 (race starts 8 a.m.) :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 6/8 Sat.
    2) Farmers market after race (I switched out of sports bra & tech shirt, both soaked through from sweat under my poncho haha) & my favorite vendors were happy to see me on a rainy morning (they lose sales in weather like that) / any to-do is a win
    3) Log all food, including post-race / 80 oz. water

I'm slowing down, I assume with age & my weight, but I'm still doing it!
    t0kkrtdijod2.jpg

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old

2024 Goals:
    • Always a good idea
      5.6.24 lunch with CAS

I'm thinking 16 minute miles is a pretty good pace! Great job Carmela!
  • pridesabtch
    Options

New long term goals:

JFT Friday
    - Pay mom's bills / make some calls about double billing :smiley:
    - Work stuff :smiley:
    - Home by 1:00 :smiley:
    - Work from home until 4:30 :smiley:
    - Go to church to set up sub :smiley:
    - Dinner :smiley:
    - No alcohol :smiley:
    - log food :(
    - stay green :smiley: Probably
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Weekend was good. Friday we set up the submarine and did the final touches. Then we went out for dinner. I didn't drink, I drove, but wed had a good time and watched a Drag Show. It was small, but entertaining. Ate too much Saturday with a graduation party followed by a dinner with my uncle from out of town. Sunday was church, lunch, nap then a bike ride. The ride kind of sucked but a sucky ride is better than no ride.

3nhafzmvfrt0.jpg
    ahgrfysuwzpd.jpg

Monday... It is definitely a Monday. I'm starting to get really anxious about Tim's upcoming surgery. Well, if the infection is actually gone and he doesn't require a bone graft it should be a few days in the hospital then rehab. If like the last time, the infection is still there but didn't show up in the blood work, the road is long. Or if the bone is to deteriorated to put the new shoulder in, he will need the bone graft which is also a long road, but one with a light at the end of the tunnel. My stress level is crazy, and my body is not reacting well.

Anyway...
    New long term goals:
    Drink alcohol only 1 day a week :smile: :smiley::smile: :smile: :smile: :(
    Eat real food for breakfast & lunch instead of snack cakes :smile: :smiley::smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
    On evenings when I'm home, walk or bike for at least 30 minutes :(:neutral::smile: :smile: :neutral::smile:

JFT Monday

Work by 8:00 :smiley: close enough
    Approve timecards :smiley:
    Meetings
    Log food
    No alcohol
    Trivia
    Hone by 10:00