Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    @Bex953172 Marley is 8 already? Holy cow, where does time go... The story of her balloon made me chuckle. So, they did find her to have ADHD? Do you work with her on coping skills then, or does she need medication also? Both my boys had ADHD when they were young, plus dyslexia. It made reading more difficult. Your story about Biggie and Casey...lol! Poor Biggie! :)

@csilverthorn22 You went to the drive-in movies?! How fun is that?! I haven't done that in over 50 years. Oh, those sure were fun times. I don't think we have a drive-in theater where I live now. I wish we did though. That would be so fun. I love your dog's name, Miska. Oh, and I'm so jealous you have a horse! I had one years ago when we still lived in the country. I used to love just going out to the pasture and brushing him. Brought me so much peace. Welcome to the group, by the way!

@littleblackskirt Good for you joining a town group for cleaning up your town. I think that's great! I need to step out of my comfort zone and find something to join in my community. I've become very much a recluse and even more so after chemo earlier this year. How is it going? Are you enjoying it? Congrats on the lower BMI! That's great!

@cschmitz110515 Just read about your sister's eldest stepchild being in hospice. I'm so sorry! I will pray for them. xxoo On a side note, I just read about you and your husband putting the ladder on your picnic table. Oh my gosh! That made me cringe just to read! LOL Your story of how you trick your dog made me smile! Tim has to trick Maddie too and those eyes she has while she watches him drive away just melts me... Well done! I hope you got your veterinarian situation straightened out. Finding new doctors for ourselves or our pets is unsettling.

@Snowflake1968 Congratulations on graduating with Honors! Very well done! Also, I love your hope chest that your dad made. Really pretty! How did your interview go? I hope well!

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,992 Member
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member

@PackerFanInGB So far I'm enjoying the volunteering, we did some weeding, rubbish clearing and planted some flowers. I never join groups, but everyone is very nice, so it's all good.

JFT Monday 29th July

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅ 23/32
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ✅
    Walk ✅

JFT Tuesday 30th July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk?
    Book medical test

I want to walk but will need to wait to see how I feel in the evening. My "new" pain is really bothering me today, flared up again on the walk last night.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,440 Member
    JFT Monday
    - Eat light breakfast :smiley: a nectarine
    - Eat lunch :(
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Deal with credit card fraud situation :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Stay in tonight :(
    - No alcohol :(

Yesterday didn't go as planned, but I did log everything and managed to stay within my calorie range for the day. My choices were poor, but calories were ok. I basically had apple pie and beer in the evening and a nectarine in the morning. Not ideal. Goal today is to eat real food for dinner and not drink. Yes that was the plan for yesterday as well, but hubby really wanted to go out. I wasn't feeling awful, so I agreed. The place we went was just bar food and I wasn't really that hungry. I got an apple dessert instead of dinner. Sigh... I can do really well if we stay home or go to nice restaurants, but bars just mess me up. I enjoy going with hubby and playing trivia, but it derails me, especially on Monday because the food at Wilky's isn't stellar. Wednesday evenings are easier because the restaurant has a nice steak salad I can enjoy. I guess I just need to set boundaries for myself. I know if we go out I'm going to have at least 2 beers, and as long as it's only 2 days a week I can work with that. Problem is we get lazy and go out more than just on trivia nights... Of course, then we tend to go to nice restaurants which is another level of temptation. It gets overwhelming, but that is why we do this Just For Today.

JFT Tuesday
    - Take pup to doggie daycare at 7:00 :neutral: more like 8:00
    - 7:30 meeting :( Skipped it
    - Call vet
    - Eat breakfast :smiley:
    - Meet with Tesla
    - Eat lunch
    - Meetings until 4:30
    - Grab groceries for Korean steak bowls (low calorie & yummy)
    - Pick up pooch
    - Home
    - Sweep
    - Watch Olympics
    - Shower
    - Bed by 11:00
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 30
    My husband and I have COVID! Doesn't seem too bad so far, but don't feel like doing much.

JFT for 7/29/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 7/27) ✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/18)✔️
    4) Don't weigh again until 8/1✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) No vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/18)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 7/20)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/20)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/21)✔️
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.✔️
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 7/21) Remember, today!!✔️

JFT for 7/30/24 (today)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 7/27)
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/18)
    4) Don't weigh again until 8/1
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/18)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today.(last 7/20)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/29)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/21)
    14) No more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking.. Can have at restaurants.
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 7/29) Remember, today!!

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    Not doing this right now!

4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - After I finish my yogurt, I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • csilverthorn22
    csilverthorn22 Posts: 47 Member
    Jft updates -
    After finding that we received wrong parts and short proper parts for gazebo and finally getting it up - we had to celebrate of course.

Saturday was a dry day for me though and went to the drive in!

… today is a dry day, and I’m staying home not hanging out with “the guy”… (chuckle… hang in with me to see how that plays out I might get share-y enough to explain 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️)

Doing meal prep and tracking is always almost magical -

I’ve been reading other people’s posts : I too find it hard to stick with things especially in the summer months when it’s all about patios and bonfires and bevy’s… and ceap food.
    But…
    Back to tracking and did in fact enjoy my protein brownies -
    Also watched a YouTube by mark hyman today about intermittent fasting , times eating etc - was a good reminder and explained why I always feel better even if all I do is drink my water and stop eating before bed.

I’m back in the gym.. not sure I’m happy but I’m typing this at 6 min on the bike which is activity and that’s a win. It’s toasty and humid out which makes it tough to get motivated to do much with my horses - but I’m trying. Late nights on holidays and with”the guy” have had my sleep schedule pretty upside down (probably why I fell asleep for half hour after dinner.)

I’m really trying with my tracking and staying cleanish on the eating … tracking and 12 hours between dinner and breakfast does wonders for weight loss (it somehow squashes cravings if you can stick with it !!)

Sooo I won’t eat again til tomorrow.
    Oh! I’ve also been walking my dog (short and sweet is better than nothing.)

Trying to figure out how to reply to other people’s threads …
  • more_freggies76
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow, but can still have my dose of metamusal (I forgot to have it after lunch)
  • littleblackskirt

JFT Tuesday 30th July

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅
    No snacking ✅ 24/33
    PF exercises ✅
    General exercises ❌
    Walk? ❌ no, too sore
    Book medical test ✅ nearly 3 week wait

In quite a bit of pain, so just worked in my own garden, and cleared some more weeds off the road. Didn't attempt walking.

JFT Wednesday 31st July

Log everything
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Cut grass
    Walk?
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    edited July 31
    Jft updates -
    After finding that we received wrong parts and short proper parts for gazebo and finally getting it up - we had to celebrate of course.

Saturday was a dry day for me though and went to the drive in!

… today is a dry day, and I’m staying home not hanging out with “the guy”… (chuckle… hang in with me to see how that plays out I might get share-y enough to explain 🙄🤦🏻‍♀️)

Doing meal prep and tracking is always almost magical -

I’ve been reading other people’s posts : I too find it hard to stick with things especially in the summer months when it’s all about patios and bonfires and bevy’s… and ceap food.
    But…
    Back to tracking and did in fact enjoy my protein brownies -
    Also watched a YouTube by mark hyman today about intermittent fasting , times eating etc - was a good reminder and explained why I always feel better even if all I do is drink my water and stop eating before bed.

I’m back in the gym.. not sure I’m happy but I’m typing this at 6 min on the bike which is activity and that’s a win. It’s toasty and humid out which makes it tough to get motivated to do much with my horses - but I’m trying. Late nights on holidays and with”the guy” have had my sleep schedule pretty upside down (probably why I fell asleep for half hour after dinner.)

I’m really trying with my tracking and staying cleanish on the eating … tracking and 12 hours between dinner and breakfast does wonders for weight loss (it somehow squashes cravings if you can stick with it !!)

Sooo I won’t eat again til tomorrow.
    Oh! I’ve also been walking my dog (short and sweet is better than nothing.)

Trying to figure out how to reply to other people’s threads …

To reply to other people's posts, press the "quote" button at the bottom of their post. It will automatically code their post I to your comment box with [ quote ] *text* [/ quote] and you just add your comment afterwards.

Or, you can tag people by writing the @ sign and then the username of the person . So I would be @Bex953172
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Gym Tip!

When on a treadmill or bike or something like that, hide the time.

I did 10 mins on the treadmill the other day and was dying after 5 minutes. Because I could see the time I was thinking "oh god is that all, I've got another 5 mins and I'm already tired".

The next time I hid the time with my phone (I just stood it up Infront of it) put my ear phones in and beasted out 25mins no problem!

Your mind is your biggest hold back! So i hid the time and I ended up doing more!
  • pridesabtch

JFT Tuesday
    - Take pup to doggie daycare at 7:00 :neutral: more like 8:00
    - 7:30 meeting :( Skipped it
    - Call vet :smiley:
    - Eat breakfast :smiley:
    - Meet with Tesla :smiley:
    - Eat lunch :smiley:
    - Meetings until 4:30 :smiley:
    - Grab groceries for Korean steak bowls (low calorie & yummy) :(
    - Pick up pooch :neutral: Hubby did it
    - Home :smiley:
    - Sweep :(
    - Watch Olympics :smiley:
    - Shower :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Well, hubby wanted to go shop and out to eat, and we did. BUT... I did so much better since I ate through the day. I wasn't famished so I ordered and ate a reasonable amount. I skipped the alcohol all together even though he had a few. I felt very good about the evening and I stayed within my calories. Also bought some nice jeans and tops. My daughter works at Buckle. I've never shopped there because of the prices, but the jeans were no more than those I buy from Maurice's or WHBM. The tops were more expensive... She makes commission so the sale was appr

Tonight is our weekly trivia team night. We have like 8 people on our team and it's a very social drinking kind of evening. That being said 3 of the 8 don't usually drink at all unless they do a single shot. I personally skip the shots, but tend to imbibe otherwise. It's weird, I go in with plans to limit myself to 2 or 3 drinks, and I do well until I don't. I used to prelog my intake and that seemed to help. I would know how many I could have without going over and it gave me incentive. Probably ought to go back to that. Thanks for being my sounding board. Steak salad tonight and I will allow my calories to dictate my consumption.

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: 8:01 Close enough
    - Site wide communications
    - Work on slides
    - Eat Breakfast
    - Eat Lunch
    - Prelog dinner/drinks
    - Home by 4:30
    - Shower
    - Trivia
    - Home by 10:30
    - Bed by 11:00
  • more_freggies76
    JFT for 7/30/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No desserts ok today, unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. (last 7/27) ✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/18)✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/28). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. ✔️
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/18)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/29)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/21)✔️
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 7/29) Remember, today!!✔️

JFT for 7/31/24 (today)✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including chocolate truffles, candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, fruit rolls, Bobo cakes, South Forty bars).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/30)
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.), unless it's my dessert as per #1. (last 4/21) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 7/11) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans.
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/18)
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/29)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/30)
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 7/29) Remember, today!!

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,588 Member
    edited July 31
    @PackerFanInGB I know there's an outdoor theatre on the north side of Fish Creek. Then I googled, and found out there are drive-ins at Chilton and Freedom, so not too far! I had no idea. Hubby and I sometimes go when we're staying in Door County for more than a day. It's always a double feature, first movie is kids/family oriented, intermission, then more adult fare. Families with little kids often leave during the intermission.

Oops! Forgot it was the last day of the month & did not do my monthly measurements. Will do tomorrow (I'll have my paper log & measuring tape out so I remember).

JFT 7/31 W
    1) Walked dog (neighborhood only) 2.84 mi :sweat_smile: temp was 68 when we left house & rose to 75(F) by time we got home, humidity was dreadful again & I was dripping, but happy dog
    2) Log all food / no crazy snacking or sweets / 80 oz. water
    3) Empty kitchen compost bucket & dead cut flowers into bin / bag up aluminum cans / bring supplies up from basement / text MJSW re financial docs / 7:00 city band concert at park (take pantry donation)

I had a wonderful visit to my parents' house Mon. afternoon to Tuesday. I arrived just after their friends had dropped them off from their lunch outing. My youngest brother was already at the house, then soon after his wife arrived, followed by our (maternal) aunt. Eventually my middle brother arrived. It was a very chatty, loud visit. When everyone else had gone, my eldest brother arrived to visit & watch the baseball game. Next morning, I drove Mom to local coffee/breakfast shop to visit with her lady friends, including my aunt and our former next-door neighbor, who turns 98yo in a few weeks. It was another chatty visit. Afterwards, my aunt and I took a walk down shaded streets (sort of, with the sun almost overhead, not a lot of shade). We went farther than we thought we would with temp in upper 80s (F), 2.88 miles. I was truly dripping due the humidity. The afternoon, I sat with Dad & Mom while we watched the giant river birch tree across the street get cut down. It was interesting to watch a single guy do all the work, first from his bucket truck, then the ground. Late afternoon, I took off for home, and time with hubby. I controlled what I ate, and even logged my best guesses. That's a win for me.

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
      * lentil rice sausage tortellini soup (internet) ~ very good, recipe is keeper
      * glazed lemon cookies (internet search) ~ everyone loved them at Easter dinner
      * rhubarb cobbler (in my first ever cookbook BH&G) ~ very good, I want to try with other fruits this summer
      * yellow cake (BH&G cookbook) ~ I followed instructions closely & blended well, very good with rhubarb sauce
      * white chicken enchiladas (newspaper) ~ very good, although 2 tortillas with recipe as written 846 calories (created in MFP recipes)
      * Greek yogurt almond butter breakfast parfait (newsletter) ~ terrific, if high in calories... maybe tweak
      * garlic scape basil pesto (internet blog) ~ excellent! tried as recommended with pasta (used up my radiatore)
      * summer squash, zucchini, mushroom casserole (TOH) ~ excellent! & good way to use squash & zucchini
      * zucchini meatloaf (sister) ~ good but hubby prefers classic recipe
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    March: 5 days x1wk, 4x1, 3x1, 0x1 [ack... prep house & food for Easter dinner; 1 wk overnight trip to visit parents]
    April: 4 days x2wks, 3x1, 2x1 [lots of lousy weather, plus 1 wk overnight trip]
    May: 6 days x2wks, 3x3 [fit days in around 2 overnight trips & visit on Mother's Day]
    June: 6 days x1wk {including Bellin 10K}, 5x1, 2x2 {either very rainy or hot for 2 wks}
    July: 5 days x1wk {including Packers 5K}, 4x2, 3x1 {some very hot/humid days}
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
      Jan 4x; Feb 1x; Mar/Apr 0x; May 1x; June 4x; July 1x
      4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
      • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
      • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
      5) At least 7,500 steps per day
      • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps [noticed 7/12 that requirement reduced to 5,000 steps, but I'll continue with goal of 7,500]:
        Jan / Feb / Mar / Apr / May / June / July
      6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
      • Registered early (shoot, didn't get selected randomly for waiver of fee) on 12.29.23 for 6.8.24 Bellin 10K race ~ light rain most of race, steady rain last mile or so :star: chip time 1:42:35 ave. pace 16:31 (first half 16:50 second half 16:12) overall 3,136 out of 3,463 / females 1,560 out of 1,792 / F65-69yo 30 out of 48 ~ not as fast as I used to go, but still finished my 27th Bellin overall (their 48th year)
      • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
      • Registered for 7.20.24 Packers 5K ~ sunny & very warm :star: chip time 49:15 ave. pace 15:51 overall place 1784/2371 / F858/1228 / division F65-69 29/60 / passed by 78 (likely started in walking corral behind me) & I passed 191
      • Registered for 10.5.24 Bellin Women's 5K
      7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
      • Always a good idea
      8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
      • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
        ~ canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
        ~ canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
        ~ Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
        ~ overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 2.27-2.28 / eldest brother stopped over
        ~ overnight visit 3.14-3.15 / eldest brother visited
        ~ overnight visit 4.18-4.19 / took Mom to eye appt. in Beaver Dam
        ~ overnight visit 5.2-5.3 / aunt B/uncle R stopped over for visit so that was fun
        ~ Mother's Day visit 5.12.24 / sister/BIL, youngest brother/SIL & 2 nieces there too <3 (middle brother/SIL visited day before bc they went to her parents Sun., eldest brother in PA for work)
        ~ overnight visit 5.17-5.18 / drove Mom to Bunny's funeral/luncheon in Brown Deer on 5.18 & youngest brother/SIL & eldest brother visited after moving 2 nieces to new apt.
        ~ Father's Day visit 6.16.24 / all brothers, sister & spouses there plus maternal aunt
        ~ overnight visit 7.4-7.5 / walk 2.75 mi w/ aunt; youngest brother & SIL visit next day
        ~ overnight visit 7.29-7.30 / saw all 3 brothers, youngest SIL, aunt on M; went to Wine & Unwind with Mom & lady friends T a.m. & afterwards walked 2.84 mi w/ aunt (hot & humid)
      • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
        1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
        1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
        1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
        2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
        2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
        2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
        3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
        3.19.24 messaged H (his job recently downsized)
        3.25.24 Darboy: tax returns with hubby & MJSW, shorter visit this time
        plans 4.6.24 with PZ canceled b/c she forgot they're going to OH to watch total solar eclipse
        4.15.24 unexpectedly sat & visited w/ CAS at AVB concert
        5.6.24 lunch with CAS
        5.20.24 lunch with LL & LWB
        6.3.24 lunch with former IA mgmt team
        6.4.24 volunteers lunch at church
        6.24.24 lunch with DE
        7.13.24 farmers market with PZ
      9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
      • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • more_freggies76
    edited July 31
    @cschmitz110515 - Reading your last paragraph was like reading a novel. Well written!

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • more_freggies76
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 7/30)✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    8) Vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 7/18)✔️Didn't eat today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/29)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/30)✔️
    16) Ground turkey ok today.(last 7/29) Remember, today!!✔️

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/31)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/30)
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 7/31) Remember, today!!
    17) Can have lunch early due to a lunch meeting.

Sample

• littleblackskirt

JFT Wednesday 31st July

Log everything ✅
    Stay in the green ✅ just
    No snacking ✅ 25/34
    PF exercises ❌
    General exercises ❌
    Cut grass ✅
    Walk? ❌

Spent the day doing chores in the garden, didn't attempt walking.
    Today I'm having lunch with a friend, so wasn't going to log. However just by habit I weighed my breakfast, so I'll log what I can.

JFT Thursday 1st August

Log what I can
    Stay in the green?
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    General exercises
    Walk?
    Groceries/petrol

August already! Time passes so quickly.
  • more_freggies76
    edited August 1
    @emgracewrites - Love the photos!
    JFT for 8/1/24 (today)✔️
    1) Can have desserts today. (last 7/27)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today, any type. (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 7/30). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today. (last 7/31)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 pieces) ok today. (last 7/30)
    14) Can eat more that 600 calories at lunch today.
    16) No ground turkey ok today.(last 7/31) Remember, today!!
    17) Can have lunch early due to a lunch meeting.

Sample

• pridesabtch

JFT Wednesday
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley: 8:01 Close enough
    - Site wide communications :smiley:
    - Work on slides :smiley:
    - Eat Breakfast :smiley:
    - Eat Lunch :smiley:
    - Prelog dinner/drinks :smiley:
    - Home by 4:30 :smiley:
    - Trivia :smiley:
    - Home by 10:30 :(
    - Bed by 11:00 :(

Did pretty well yesterday, but we stayed out later than planned. There are worse things. We had fun. This morning has gone by quickly, but I get the feeling that it is about to Slooooow down. Didn't get my morning caffeine today, and now I have a roaring headache. Just bought a soda, hopefully that helps. Took both dogs to day care today. We usually just take Gia because Elliott is kind of a loner, but we wanted to see how he'd do. We'd like to go out of town for a long weekend in September and will need to board him. Giving him a day or 2 at daycare might help him be less anxious. The poor baby was shaking when I dropped him off. He is such a momma's boy. He's also 14 years old and hasn't been boarded in probably 5 years or more. We usually just hire a neighborhood kid to check in on him or one of the girls comes home and watches him when we travel.

Other than the doggos, I just have work and then to watch gymnastics this evening. With any luck nobody will tell me who wins before I get to watch it.

JFT Thursday
    - Up at 6:15 :smiley: Actually up at 4:30, but didn't get out of bed until 6:45.
    - Drop dogs off at daycare :smiley:
    - Work - meetings all morning :smiley:
    - Lunch :smiley:
    - Log food
    - Stay green
    - Home by 4:30
    - Nap
    - Shower
    - Dinner
    - Gymnastics
    - Bed