Replies

• gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023
    CW 234.4 lbs
    GW 180 lbs
    Ultimate GW 150 lbs

Stressful month at work. I kept my weight and only lost 0.5 inches off my hips.
  • Fooshki
    Fooshki Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Stephanie, I am 34, and I'm from California. I started this year at 250 lbs. and I am 5'7". My goal is to get to 150 lbs. by the end of 2024.

My plan for this challenge is to focus on incorporating more exercise and to make small, manageable changes to my diet that are sustainable in the long term. Some mini goals I have are to:

1) Meet my apple watch exercise goal at least 3 times a week (I'll increase this later)
    2) Drink 100 oz. of water a day
    3) Eat 5-6 small meals each day
    4) Increase my intake of vegetables and leafy greens
    5) Eat more fresh fruit when I am craving sweets
    6) Add lean protein to meals
    7) Focus on smaller portions of less healthy foods instead of restricting them entirely
    8) Log meals, exercise, and weight into MYP every day

Currently, I aim for about 1200-1400 calories a day plus about half of the calories burned from activity for the day.

Starting weight on January 1st: 250 lbs.
    March Goal Weight: 220 lbs.
    Goal Weight: 150 lbs.
    Current weight: 227.1 lbs. (-22.9 lbs)

ppi4txegbw00.png
  • JJSchoen
    JJSchoen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jen/Jennifer and I need to get rid of 100+ pounds. I am currently 303.4 and want to lose at least 100 pounds, but my main goal right now is 40-50 by September 14. My daughter is getting married. I have a hard time focusing on me, when there is so much else to do. I look forward to the accountability here.
  • LilyPearl66
    LilyPearl66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have worked really hard for 70 days.....and lost a whopping 12 lbs. I did not lose any at all the past week. It sucks to be 68 and have such a slow metabolism. Any suggestions?
  • LilyPearl66
    LilyPearl66 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been working very hard at it and have lost a whopping 12 lbs. It is SLOW. Any ideas?
  • mjstewies
    mjstewies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have worked really hard for 70 days.....and lost a whopping 12 lbs. I did not lose any at all the past week. It sucks to be 68 and have such a slow metabolism. Any suggestions?

I'm in the same boat as you, and honestly, I think your 12 pound loss is great!! I've been working really hard since the 1st of the year and have lost 13 and I'm really proud of myself. I also found out that when my weigh loss slows, I amp up my exercise for a few days, make sure my calories are where they need to be and that seems to do the trick. I also have times where I just need a couple days of comfort food or I just eat everything in sight. I don't know why I can't control myself, but as long as I get right back on track, it doesn't take long to undo the damage. Don't let yourself get discouraged just because this week hasn't gone the way you wanted it to. You're doing awesome!!
  • SFergie1974
    SFergie1974 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    @bbrandi82 Beef and broccoli?
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 101 Member
    edited March 19
    Options

"Any suggestions?" My suggestion is that you keep on doing what you're doing. I agree with Missy (Mjstewies). "You're doing awesome!"

According to my calculations, you've lost almost 1 & 1/2 pounds per week in 70 days (about 6 lbs per month). That's perfect. It's best to lose weight slowly. 👏🏼

I hope and pray that I lose 12 pounds during the next 70 days. 🙏
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    @bbrandi82 Beef and broccoli?

Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Yes. Broccoli beef is a healthy choice at Chinese restaurants. Especially for low-carb dieters. Egg foo young is also an excellent choice. 🥡 🥠 🥢
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I have to get back on track.

I turned 39 earlier this year and I refuse to be this big when I turn 40 next year. My name and height are the same 😆 but for those who don't know, My name is Lisa and my height is 5'9".

My current weight is 351.4 😨 Not the highest but still not good. My highest weight was 373lbs.

I stuck with the 330/340's for a while and then went back to 350's.

My short-term goal is the same, get back to 300 and then 285lbs and then I'll go from there.

I'll give you an update for April.

Best of luck all!
  • 7freshflowers
    edited March 21
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    I have to get back on track.I turn 40 next year. My name is Lisa and my height is 5'9". My current weight is 351.4 My short-term goal is 300 and then I'll go from there. I'll give you an update for April. Best of luck all!
    Hello Lisa. My name is Lisa. My short-term goal is also 300 lbs. Long term goal is 200. I’ve no desire to be thin. I was always sickly when I was thin. It’s nice to see you again. Thanks for joining us. And yes. Please give us “an update for April.” 😎 👍

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    JJSchoen wrote: »
    Hi my name is Jen/Jennifer and I need to get rid of 100+ pounds. I am currently 303.4 and want to lose 40-50 by September 14. My daughter is getting married. I have a hard time focusing on me. I look forward to the accountability here.
    Hello Jennifer. My name is Lisa. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thank you for joining us.

According to my calculations, you have about 25 weeks to reach your goal of losing 50 pounds for your daughter’s wedding on September 14, 2024.

That means you’ll need to lose about 2 pounds every week for 25 weeks. Sounds reasonable to me. How are you going to do this? What are you going to eat for those 25 weeks? What is your weight loss plan? You have about 2 days to figure it out before your 25 weeks actually begin. 🥦 🍓 🌮
  • Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Happy to have found this thread!

HW/SW: 250 (Dec 2023)
    CW: 229

Just joined MFP a few days ago after deciding to officially "quit" WW.... I wasn't following the program. So I'm going back to Keto! I lost 70 pounds on this previously and enjoyed what I ate and had so much energy (and confidence). My lowest weight was 128lbs, just under 3 years ago. I Can't wait to have that back again.
  • HairyHouse5
    HairyHouse5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nancy. I have always struggled with my weight. I currently weigh 280. I would like to get to 180. I have upped my water intake and exercising every day. Making better food choices tracking on MFP really helps.
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    I have finally lost 21 lbs and now am under 300 lbs. This is a HUGE mini-goal. Now I am excited for the next......to make it to 275. I am still taking off the weight very slowly and it fluctuates from day-to-day but seeing that scale at 299.3 really made me excited this week.
    Yay! Lily. Happy for you. You’re losing it s-l-o-w-l-y, but you are losing it, and will reach your goal. They say it’s best to lose weight at a turtle’s pace. And you’re certainly doing that. 🐢 👏

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    Enels24 wrote: »
    Hi I’m Erica. SW 290 (2/2/24) GW 240 (temporary goal)
    Big goal is 190 I think, although BMI chart I think says I should be in the 150s 🤷‍♀️
    Lower carb and high protein - I am currently breastfeeding my infant, so I have to make sure I don’t drop weight too quick because my supply will drop.
    Hello Erica. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thanks for joining us. You’ll probably find when you reach 190, that’s a comfortable weight for you, and you won’t need to lose any more. I’m only 5’ 5” and it’s a very comfortable weight for me. Can’t wait to be a size 16 again. I function well at 190-200. 🪴

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    Awegg05 wrote: »
    Hi there! Happy to have found this thread! CW: 229 Just joined MFP a few days ago after deciding to officially "quit" WW. So I'm going back to Keto! I lost 70 pounds on this previously and enjoyed what I ate and had so much energy (and confidence). My lowest weight was 128lbs, just under 3 years ago. I Can't wait to have that back again.
    Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. My name is Lisa. What’s yours? Congratulations on finding a diet plan that works well for you. Please keep us updated on your progress. 🥑

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    Hi, my name is Nancy. I currently weigh 280. I would like to get to 180. I have upped my water intake and exercising every day. Making better food choices tracking on MFP really helps.
    Hi Nancy. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Sounds like you’ve got things under control, and off to a good start. Keep us updated. 💧

• Awegg05
    Awegg05 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Awegg05 wrote: »
    Hi there! Happy to have found this thread! CW: 229 Just joined MFP a few days ago after deciding to officially "quit" WW. So I'm going back to Keto! I lost 70 pounds on this previously and enjoyed what I ate and had so much energy (and confidence). My lowest weight was 128lbs, just under 3 years ago. I Can't wait to have that back again.
    Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. My name is Lisa. What’s yours? Congratulations on finding a diet plan that works well for you. Please keep us updated on your progress. 🥑

I'm Amber - nice to meet you, Lisa! I'm excited to see your journey and share my own :)