MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options

Replies

• Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I just completed a January Challenge on MFP. I find it helps to keep me focused. I lost 3.6 lbs. in January. I had to complete it early as I’m going on a cruise to Panama tomorrow. Flying down to Florida tonight first. Everyone, hang in there. I know some of you feel losing a large amount of weight is insurmountable, but you can do it. I’m confident I will eventually reach my goal of losing over 100 lbs. however, it is a slow loss for me. I’ve lost about 55 lbs. in the last 11 months. What keeps me going is how much better I feel physically along the way. Keep your own, personal list of nsv’s to motivate yourself.I i find it helpful.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I just completed a January Challenge on MFP. I find it helps to keep me focused. I lost 3.6 lbs. in January. I had to complete it early as I’m going on a cruise to Panama tomorrow. Flying down to Florida tonight first. Everyone, hang in there. I know some of you feel losing a large amount of weight is insurmountable, but you can do it. I’m confident I will eventually reach my goal of losing over 100 lbs. however, it is a slow loss for me. I’ve lost about 55 lbs. in the last 11 months. What keeps me going is how much better I feel physically along the way. Keep your own, personal list of nsv’s to motivate yourself.I i find it helpful.

Way to go, Melwillhealthy. Enjoy your cruise!
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options

Way to go!!!! Have fun and safe travels 😊
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fooshki wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm a bit late to the party but I would love to join this challenge. My name is Stephanie, I am 34, and I'm from California. I started this year at 250 lbs. and I am 5'7". My initial goal was to lose 95 pounds (since that would put me in a normal BMI range), but 100 is a nice round number so I can set my goal to that instead.

Starting weight on January 1st: 250 lbs.

Goal Weight: 150 lbs.

Current weight: 242.4 lbs. (-7.6 lbs)

My plan for this challenge is to focus on incorporating more exercise and to make small, manageable changes to my diet that are sustainable in the long term. Some mini goals I have are to:

1) Meet my apple watch exercise goal at least 3 times a week (I'll increase this later)
    2) Drink 100 oz. of water a day
    3) Eat 5-6 small meals each day
    4) Increase my intake of vegetables and leafy greens
    5) Eat more fresh fruit when I am craving sweets
    6) Add lean protein to meals
    7) Focus on smaller portions of less healthy foods instead of restricting them entirely
    8) Log meals, exercise, and weight into MYP every day

Currently, I aim for about 1200-1400 calories a day plus about half of the calories burned from activity for the day.

weight.png

Thank you for posting what you are doing to help you lose weight. I think it really helps when others give their methods, recipes, etc. I love getting everyone's ideas of what to try! I currently weigh 230. I was 310 lbs. at my highest weight, which was 30 years back. I have yoyoed many times over the years but now in the last 15 years have kept any weight off that I have lost. I have lost it very slowly, as you can see, but am happy that I have not regained it back. I am currently counting calories and weighing portions every day. This helps keep my calorie count accurate.
  • Susanna527
    edited February 1
    Options
    Well, here goes. I decided on 1 January that I'd weigh myself on the 1st of each month. I know many folks who get weighed every day - I just can't. So I'm hopeful that I'll see a lower number on the scale tomorrow morning - fingers crossed! :) I'm making progress and doing better - I still go to cafes in town with friends, but I pass right by the pastry cases, and I'm slowly but surely increasing my exercise, still going slow after the hospitalization, but I walked a mile today.
  • Saltlife37
    Saltlife37 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello, I hope it's not too late to join this challenge. My name is Sherry, I'm 50 and fighting menopause and its added weight. I've gained 40 lbs in the last year ☹️ If anyone has any tips on increasing weight loss during menopause, I'd love to hear them! I look forward to going through this journey and getting to know all of you 🙂
    CW: 315
    SW:315
    GW:200
  • Susanna527
    Options
    Saltlife37 wrote: »
    Hello, I hope it's not too late to join this challenge. My name is Sherry, I'm 50 and fighting menopause and its added weight. I've gained 40 lbs in the last year ☹️ If anyone has any tips on increasing weight loss during menopause, I'd love to hear them! I look forward to going through this journey and getting to know all of you 🙂
    CW: 315
    SW:315
    GW:200

Hi Sherry! While I don't have any experience with losing weight during menopause, I believe this is a wonderful group to be in for support, advice, and encouragement. My weight gain came through emotional/binge eating after the death of three of my beloveds, quitting a 43 year, 2 pack/day smoking addiction, and not being able to exercise due to a fractured knee. I'm getting the binge eating under control, and have come to terms (if you ever can) with the deaths, and am now ready to focus again on my health & fitness. Glad you're here :smile:
  • Fooshki
    Fooshki Posts: 85 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Stephanie, I am 34, and I'm from California. I started this year at 250 lbs. and I am 5'7". My goal is to lose 100 pounds (since that would put me in a normal BMI range).

My plan for this challenge is to focus on incorporating more exercise and to make small, manageable changes to my diet that are sustainable in the long term. Some mini goals I have are to:

1) Meet my apple watch exercise goal at least 3 times a week (I'll increase this later)
    7) Focus on smaller portions of less healthy foods instead of restricting them entirely

Currently, I aim for about 1200-1400 calories a day plus about half of the calories burned from activity for the day.

Current weight: 237 lbs. (-13 lbs)

rsvvi5esz2uf.png
  • Fooshki
    Fooshki Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    deejoan wrote: »
    Fooshki wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm a bit late to the party but I would love to join this challenge. My name is Stephanie, I am 34, and I'm from California. I started this year at 250 lbs. and I am 5'7". My initial goal was to lose 95 pounds (since that would put me in a normal BMI range), but 100 is a nice round number so I can set my goal to that instead.

Current weight: 242.4 lbs. (-7.6 lbs)

weight.png

Thank you for posting what you are doing to help you lose weight. I think it really helps when others give their methods, recipes, etc. I love getting everyone's ideas of what to try! I currently weigh 230. I was 310 lbs. at my highest weight, which was 30 years back. I have yoyoed many times over the years but now in the last 15 years have kept any weight off that I have lost. I have lost it very slowly, as you can see, but am happy that I have not regained it back. I am currently counting calories and weighing portions every day. This helps keep my calorie count accurate.

Wow! That’s amazing! Great job! 👏🏻
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Happy new month everyone!! and welcome to any and all new people who are joining us on our journey to health and wellness. January started out great for me but in the last week I stumbled and fell hard. I gained back what I'd lost. I've only myself to blame. I became lax in my daily logging and ate too many meals out and didn't drink anywhere near enough daily fluids. I believe alot of it had to do with not flushing away the high sodium intake. Plus too many snack crackers with jam. I actually found myself binging on them late at night. Lack of any body movement was also a hinderance. Soooooo....with it being a new month I'm onto the fluid intake like white on rice. It's noon and I'm on my 6th cup of water. I've logged what I plan on eating today so I know how much leeway I have for any snacks during my day. It's laundry day and since I live in an apartment I'll be trucking up and down the hallway to the laundry room. I know that since my activity level has been minimal while our winter weather was down around -36c and snowy, I need to increase slowly so I don't hurt my knees again. The temps are now just above 0c and the snow and ice are slowly melting. If this keeps up I'll get out and start back with my walking. Slowing increasing the distance and time every week. Let's get back on track if you've made a detour like me and let's make this a great month!!

hcxwiujhtfgc.png
  • Susanna527
    edited February 3
    Options
    Hello group!!! 🤗 Happy Friday!!! I don't work weekends, so I'm feelin' pretty darn good!!!

I love exercising at home to YouTube videos. I canceled my gym membership during covid and created a small home gym instead. I've got a rebounder, a stationary bicycle, a rowing machine, an ab roller, 2lb weights & resistance bands, along with my yoga mat. I put a flat screen tv in the room so that I could also work out to YouTube videos. I think in an earlier thread we were talking about Leslie Sansone - this is my new favorite walking workout. I love her energy & positivity 😁

https://youtu.be/tW9IY48x1bc?si=E6g_mNyQMU50Ymo7

Does anyone workout with a YouTube video they'd Iike to share?
  • doherty5728
    doherty5728 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Heather and I'm new to the group. I lost a lot of weight with nutrition adjustements and maintained it for 6ish years then gained it back plus some, after complications with autoimmune disease. I'm just trying to get plugged back in and inspired. Been feeling a bit defeated lately and I don't want to wallow there! I have a little over 100 pounds to lose. I can't wait to get to know y'all and cheer you on!

F/36/5'6"/CW266
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Heather and I'm new to the group. I have a little over 100 pounds to lose. I can't wait to get to know y'all and cheer you on! F/36/5'6"/CW266
    Hello Heather. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. I like your attitude. 😀 👍

• gesundundmunter
    Options
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023
    CW 234.2 lbs
    GW 180 lbs
    Ultimate GW 150 lbs
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    Happy new month everyone!! And welcome to any and all new people who are joining us on our journey to health and wellness. January started out great for me. Soooooo....with it being a new month I'm onto the fluid intake like white on rice. It's noon and I'm on my 6th cup of water. I've logged what I plan on eating today so I know how much leeway I have for any snacks during my day. Let's make this a great month!!

Evelyn, Thanks for the encouraging words. I too drastically need to increase my fluid intake 💧 and have also learned that logging my meals on MFP in advance (sometimes a day in advance), really does help keep me from going over my daily calorie allowance. 🧁

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    Hello group!!! 🤗 I love exercising at home to YouTube videos. Does anyone workout with a YouTube video they'd like to share?
    Here’s a dance workout for us seniors. 💃 🕺

Silver sneakers dance video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lsGDntAEM

• gesundundmunter
    Options
    Hello group!!! 🤗 I love exercising at home to YouTube videos. Does anyone workout with a YouTube video they'd like to share?

Thanks, 7freshflowers. I listen to my ballet/Bee Gees mix during my 90-minute OW commute to work and don't get home till 8pm each day. I work with young acting and dancing students (costumes) and have started squeezing in some stretches during my break. Hopefully, this video will rouse me on some nights and the weekends :smile: .
  • Tat2022RR
    Tat2022RR Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Tat, I'm from the UK. 120lbs to lose, starting with walking on treadmill, and eating better. Looking for people to hold me accountable!
  • Susanna527
    Options

Love it!!! "Are you ready for disco?" :)