MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options

Replies

• 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Fooshki wrote: »
    Hello, My name is Stephanie, I am 34, and I'm from California. I started this year at 250 lbs. and I am 5'7". My goal is to get to 150 lbs. by the end of 2024. My plan for this challenge is to focus on incorporating more exercise and to make small, manageable changes to my diet that are sustainable in the long term. Starting weight on January 1st: 250 lbs. Current weight: 227.1 lbs. (-22.9 lbs)
    Congratulations Stephanie. You’ve lost 23 lbs in only 2 months. Fantastic! 👏 😎

• healthybyjodilyn
    healthybyjodilyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello My name is Jodi. I'm 53. Past menopause.
    HW 290 in 2021
    Current weight 249
    And stuck...I lost 54lbs in 2021. Gained about 40 back in 2022. Lost some in 2023. And this year started at 264. Lost 13lbs in January. 2lbs in February hitting a plateau where I am still at. I up'd my calories as several calculators plus health coaches said I wasn't eating enough. Was 1400 cal and now 1800. But...I'm still stuck. Not gaining or losing. Its so frustrating. I weigh measure & document daily. Drink water 64-100oz a day. Not going to live in the bathroom anymore than I already do lol I eat high protein 150-200g and low carb. I need both knees replaced. So I just try to keep busy getting 8000-10,000 steps in a day.
    Any suggestions that worked for you??
  • 7freshflowers
    edited March 28
    Options
    Hello My name is Jodi. I'm 53. HW 290 in 2021. Current weight 249 and stuck...not gaining or losing. Drink water 64-100oz a day. I eat high protein and low carb. Any suggestions that worked for you??
    Hello Jodi. My name is Lisa. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY.

I don’t function well on high protein low-carb, but I know many do. According to the book EAT RIGHT 4 YOUR TYPE (blood type diet) by Dr Peter D’Adamo, blood types A+ should be vegetarians (I’m blood type A+), and blood type O should eat meat and go low carb. What blood type are you? 🩸🅰️ 🆎 🅱️ 🅾️

I don’t know how accurate the book is, but it’s certainly very interesting, and I suggest that you read it. It just might work for you. Also, taking an iodine supplement may help. I take Triquetra Health Organic Iodine supplement for my thyroid issues, and a major sweet tooth. 🍰 🧁 🍭

• 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    toi3tenzz56f.png
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    THE BEST SIX DOCTORS:
    1) EXERCISE
    2) WATER
    3) SUNSHINE
    4) REST
    5) GOOD DIET
    6) FRESH AIR
    Hello Evelyn. Nice to see you here today. 😃 👍
    I'm getting to know all the "Best Six Doctors," except one. I haven't met Dr. Exercise yet, and don't plan to until I get some more of this weight off. Don't want to risk damaging my joints. But Dr. Water and I are starting to become good friends. 💧 🤠

• florida4me
    florida4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Debbie from Stratford, Ontario.

I tried MFP a number of years ago and was able to successfully lose some weight but unfortunately put it all back on and then some. My biggest obstacle has been my lack of mobility due to severe knee problems. I finally had surgery on my left knee end of September and what a difference this has made. Next surgery for right knee is scheduled for April 30th. Time to take control of my life again.

Started 18 days ago following the calories recommended on MFP, log every food I eat..even the bad stuff and trying to move more. It's been a struggle but trying to do my best each day and not beat myself up if it's not 100% perfect.

GOAL: lose 100 lbs this year
    SW: 317.2
    CW: 309

• 3rdtimelosesit
    Options
    Hello Evelyn. Nice to see you here today. 😃 👍
    I'm getting to know all the "Best Six Doctors," except one. I haven't met Dr. Exercise yet, and don't plan to until I get some more of this weight off. Don't want to risk damaging my joints. But Dr. Water and I are starting to become good friends. 💧 🤠

Yes I've been MIA for a while now. I've fallen hard into the ditch of unhealthy habits. The only one of those Drs. I've been seeing lately is the rest doc. I'm a night owl which is horrible for late night eating. I've been in the carbs hard core lately. It's caused a great swing in the wrong direction weight wise. That caused some depression and more eating. Yup got caught up in the cycle of no return...... My first mistake was not continuing with my mobility enhancement exercises once the clinic stopped. It was Christmas and we all know what happens there. Plus cold weather & snow..... became house bound by choice and got way too friendly with my chair and with watching curling/hockey on tv. Read a lot as well. Not great habits to get into.

But I'm happy to say that I stuck out my foot and brought the cycle to a grinding halt (or so I hope). Changing up my eating to just protein and veggies. I have to give up carbs that are not veggies as they are my Kryptonite for sure. Once I start eating bread, buns, pasta etc I can't quit. I'm better off with none. I also got away from drinking water. I'm going to increase my daily intake but not jumping right up to 8 a day....I'll be happy with 6...lol. With the nicer weather now I'm going to start my walking program again starting with 10 minutes a day and every week increase by 5 minutes. I'll walk over to the arena and do my mobility enhancement circuit on my own. I can't afford to keep paying $75 for 8 weeks. Not with the way everything else keeps increasing in price. By the end of this week maybe I'll be good friends with all these Doctors!! lol
  • 7freshflowers
    edited March 31
    Options
    I've been in the carbs hard core lately. It's caused a great swing in the wrong direction weight wise. Changing up my eating to just protein and veggies. I have to give up carbs that are not veggies as they are my Kryptonite for sure. Once I start eating bread, buns, pasta etc I can't quit.
    I love carbs too. DR. McDOUGALL, author of the STARCH SOLUTION says we can eat all the carbs we want, and lose weight. I often watch his videos on YouTube. Interesting stuff.
    rptcluy8q42b.jpeg

The Starch Solution: Eat the Foods You Love, Regain Your Health, and Lose the Weight for Good!

The McDougall Program is a starch-based diet (potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, etc.) with the addition of either fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables and avoids all added oils.

Pick up that bread! This doctor-approved method lets you keep the carbs and lose the pounds!
  • 7freshflowers
    edited April 1
    Options
    florida4me wrote: »
    My name is Debbie from Stratford, Ontario. My biggest obstacle has been my lack of mobility due to severe knee problems. I finally had surgery on my left knee end of September and what a difference this has made. Time to take control of my life again. It's been a struggle but trying to do my best each day and not beat myself up if it's not 100% perfect. GOAL: lose 100 lbs this year. CW: 309
    Hello Debbie. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thank you for joining us. I admire your attitude. We have 9 months left in this year. If we lose 10 lbs a month, we’ll lose about 90 lbs by January 1, 2025. If we lose only 5 pounds a month, we’ll lose about 50lbs. My goal is to lose 90, but I’ll be happy with either. I know you will too. ☕️

• florida4me
    florida4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Debbie from Stratford, Ontario. My biggest obstacle has been my lack of mobility due to severe knee problems. I finally had surgery on my left knee end of September and what a difference this has made. Time to take control of my life again. It's been a struggle but trying to do my best each day and not beat myself up if it's not 100% perfect. GOAL: lose 100 lbs this year. CW: 309
    Hello Debbie. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thank you for joining us. I admire your attitude. We have 9 months left in this year. If we lose 10 lbs a month, we’ll lose about 90 lbs by January 1, 2025. If we lose only 5 pounds a month, we’ll lose about 50lbs. My goal is to lose 90, but I’ll be happy with either. I know you will too. ☕️

Thanks for the welcome. I know my goal is set high and is probably a bit unrealistic but even though I'm shooting for the stars I'll be just as happy if I make it to the moon. 50 lbs would be great. I'm so glad I found this group and am excited to see everyone's progress throughout 2024.
  • AwayIGoooooo
    AwayIGoooooo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello from NY! I need to lose between 100 and 110 pounds. I know it won't be quick and am fine with that. I am starting at 264.4 lbs. and my goal is 150-160 pounds. I plan to do Intermittent fasting with an 8 hour window. Cut out processed and junk foods. Exercise 30 minutes five days a week and 10,000 steps daily. I also want to start with a goal of 64 oz. of water daily. Looking forward to being a part of this group!
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    Options
    I love carbs too. DR. McDOUGALL, author of the STARCH SOLUTION says we can eat all the carbs we want, and lose weight. I often watch his videos on YouTube. Interesting stuff.

Pick up that bread! This doctor-approved method lets you keep the carbs and lose the pounds!

Yeah there's no way I agree with that line of thinking. Some people may be ok with some carbs but I am not one of them. Having carbs has led me to regain 25 lbs of the 38 lbs. I'd lost since 2022. So it's protein and veggies for me. I cut carbs totally 2 days ago (except for using oatbran) and I've dropped 4 lbs. My body has lost all the little aches & pains so while not gluten intolerant I think I have a sensitivity. I will eventually add carbs back in every once in a while, once I'm down to goal weight. But it's going to be more like a once a month treat....not an every day thing.
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I know my goal is set high and is probably a bit unrealistic but even though I'm shooting for the stars I'll be just as happy if I make it to the moon. 50 lbs would be great. I'm so glad I found this group and am excited to see everyone's progress throughout 2024.
    Yes Debbie. Let's shoot for the stars and see where we land. 💫 ⭐️

• gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023
    CW 234.0 lbs
    GW 180 lbs
    Ultimate GW 150 lbs

I maintained +/- 1 lb in March as stress at work and long commute continue.
  • 7freshflowers
    edited April 3
    Options
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023. CW 234.0 lbs. GW 180 lbs. I maintained +/- 1 lb in March as stress at work and long commute continue.
    Smooth sailing. ⛵️ You’re doing well. 👍

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    It’s protein and veggies for me. I cut carbs totally 2 days ago (except for using oatbran) and I've dropped 4 lbs. My body has lost all the little aches & pains.
    So happy you found what’s working for you Evelyn. 😎 👍

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    Hello from NY! I am starting at 264.4 lbs. and my goal is 150-160 pounds. I plan to do Intermittent fasting with an 8 hour window. Cut out processed and junk foods. Exercise 30 minutes five days a week and 10,000 steps daily. I also want to start with a goal of 64 oz. of water daily. Looking forward to being a part of this group!
    Hello. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Love your plan. Healthy and realistic. 🍎

• Bexlandia
    Bexlandia Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    Hi! I’m Bex!

SW: 299 (as of 4/1)
    CW: 292
    Mini GW: 279

I’ve bounced up and down from 280-300 over the past few years, so getting under 280 is my first goal. My final goal “healthy” weight would be about 135, which I don’t ever remember weighing, so I feel like 170 is a more realistic “final” goal for me for now. But I do a lot of baby goals because I like accomplishments and it keeps me going.

Just started getting on track and really feeling the motivation to do this for the first time since having kids over a decade ago.

Doing a 1200ish diet plan (starting with a strict base diet with a bit of room to move so I don’t feel deprived), weight training 5x/wk and cardio 6x/wk!
  • 7freshflowers
    edited April 4
    Options
    Bexlandia wrote: »
    Hi! I’m Bex! CW: 292. I’ve bounced up and down from 280-300 over the past few years, so getting under 280 is my first goal. My final goal “healthy” weight would be about 135, which I don’t ever remember weighing, so I feel like 170 is a more realistic “final” goal for me for now. Doing a 1200ish diet plan (starting with a strict base diet with a bit of room to move so I don’t feel deprived), weight training 5x/wk and cardio 6x/wk!
    Hello Bex. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Thanks for joining us. Yes. 170 is a more reasonable goal for you now. 😎 ☀️