MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options

Replies

• Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Hello group!!! πŸ€— I love exercising at home to YouTube videos. Does anyone workout with a YouTube video they'd like to share?
    Here’s a dance workout for us seniors. πŸ’ƒ πŸ•Ί

Silver sneakers dance video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6lsGDntAEM

Thanks, 7freshflowers. I listen to my ballet/Bee Gees mix during my 90-minute OW commute to work and don't get home till 8pm each day. I work with young acting and dancing students (costumes) and have started squeezing in some stretches during my break. Hopefully, this video will rouse me on some nights and the weekends :smile: .

Hi! You commute 90-minutes on a one-wheel skateboard? Wow! They use those a lot in my area - I work at Yale University, right in the heart of the campus - and many students get around with those, but they intimidate me, and I've got really good balance! :) Way to go!!!
  • Enels24
    Enels24 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 7
    Options
    Hi I’m Erica.
    HW 302 (last pregnancy)
    SW 290 (2/2/24)
    GW 240 (temporary goal)
    Big goal is 190 I think, although BMI chart I think says I should be in the 150s πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
    Lower carb and high protein - I am currently breastfeeding my infant, so I have to make sure I don’t drop weight too quick because my supply will drop.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 213 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Thanks, 7freshflowers. I listen to my ballet/Bee Gees mix during my 90-minute OW commute to work and don't get home till 8pm each day. I work with young acting and dancing students (costumes) and have started squeezing in some stretches during my break. Hopefully, this video will rouse me on some nights and the weekends :smile: .[/quote]

Hi! You commute 90-minutes on a one-wheel skateboard? Wow! They use those a lot in my area - I work at Yale University, right in the heart of the campus - and many students get around with those, but they intimidate me, and I've got really good balance! :) Way to go!!![/quote]

LOL. I am all with you. Also work at a university where skateboarders and bikers rule the campus. To cross those lanes is a feat. I'll leave the skateboarding for my next life :smile:
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    Back from my cruise and very happy I didn’t gain any weight. It just shows how much I’ve changed since I started this journey. I indulged more than I do at home, but at the same time something was going on that made me careful too. I told myself I could eat everything, and I pretty much tried everything. Then I decided if it was worth eating or not. Many times it wasn’t worth the feeling of being set back in my efforts to lose.
    @Susanna527 I used to work out to LeslieSansone and loved her. Now, I work out in my condo with other, older ladies. We use CDs made by an osteoporosis therapist. The workout is good, but sometimes the CDs freeze. They cover mostly leg, arm lifts, weights ,stretches with just a little cardio. Afterwards I use the elliptical in the gym for cardio benefits. We need new CDs. I wish we could use Leslie Sansone here. The CDs we use are old and need to be replaced. I think I’ll write a letter 😲.
    @doherty5728 try not to be discouraged. I’ve got over 100 lbs. to lose, and I know it’s a lot, but I’m confident I’ll do it. I don’t put a solid time line on it. I fit it into my daily life. Every little loss is hard won, and celebrated.
  • canyonGeek
    canyonGeek Posts: 8 Member
    edited February 10
    Options
    @3rdtimelosesit, re:
    January started out great for me but in the last week I stumbled and fell hard. I gained back what I'd lost.
    Same thing happened to me in December. Then I had a minor slip up in January while traveling for work. Especially while on the road, I find it much easier to make excuses and stop logging. Logging is paramount for me, because my "eat watch" is very, very broken. (For anyone unfamiliar with the concept - https://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/e4/eatwatch.html - might be worth a read to see if it resonates.)

In any event, I love your sentiment and resolve. <3
    Let's get back on track if you've made a detour like me and let's make this a great month!!
    Everyone who sticks with it long enough will fall off-the-wagon, eventually. And the only people who fall off just once are those who never get back on. Getting back on track, sooner rather than later, is the ONLY thing that matters. It's all about progress, not perfection. Weight loss is a mental game you're playing against yourself. This particular mantra may or may not be "key" for you, but it certainly was for me.
    6dndq8rc2bm1.png

• Susanna527
    edited February 14
    Options
    Update on mini-goals from my first post on Jan 20
    Current mini-goals:
    (1) Loose ~10 pounds to be officially "Overweight"
    (2) Complete week 8 of couch-to-5k

Aiming to complete both within 8 weeks. My next mini-goal will focus on strength training and getting fit for a hiking trip in May.

Today was weigh-in day and I hit mini-goal #1!! This was a long time coming, and I'm just under the wire with a BMI of 29.9 -- but it's very exciting.

For the second goal, I got a little off track. Especially this week -- as I've been sick. I also repeated week 4 a couple times to build endurance. The last workout before I got sick, I was able to run an extra mile at the end, so I think I'm ready for week 5 once symptoms clear. Here's the program I use if anyone's interested: https://www.snow.edu/general/snowfit/Downloads/Couch-to-5k.pdf

I saw people have been sharing workout videos you can do at home easily. A lot of these are really great. I lost over 100 pounds just walking and using free videos on youtube for exercise. Here are my personal favorites:

1. Low impact 25m | 5x3 60s blasts | Body Project
    2. Low impact 30m | TOTAL beginners | Body Project
    3. Low impact 30m | Real Start+ | Body Project
    4. Low impact 30m | Beginner Cardio | Body Project
    5. Low impact, high intensity intermediate home cardio workout | Body Project
    6. Low impact | Bronze, Silver, Gold | Body Project
    7. 2 Mile Dance/Walk by growwithjo
    8. START! Walking at Home American Heart Association 3 Mile Walk

As you can tell, I'm a big fan of Daniel from TeamBodyProject. He's a great motivator. I couldn't do any of these workouts fully when I first started. (Not even close.) Daniel coaches people through that without shame or frustration. Highly recommended. The last two are great too - I found them later. All of these workouts are standing only and low impact.

I found TBP during covid when I canceled my gym membership, and started working out with them every morning. This was the first video, and I really enjoyed it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC_L9qAHVJ8

but then I got into a funk and stopped exercising. In January, I got back in the groove and am working out again every morning with TBP, this is the one I've been doing this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC9TkyYdS7g

I absolutely LOVE Daniel! When he's really into it and yells "come on" - it gives me a boost to keep going til the end :wink: And I do walking videos later in the day if I can't get outside.

I also love the videos by growwithjo, too - she's awesome! :)

Progress, not perfection. Yup, works for me, too :)
  • lisawhite1b188
    lisawhite1b188 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Embarking on a 100-pound weight loss journey is a significant goal that requires dedication, patience, and perseverance. Here are some tips to support you along your journey:

Set Realistic Goals: Break your goal into smaller, more manageable milestones. Aim for gradual, sustainable weight loss rather than quick fixes.

Healthy Eating: Focus on whole, nutrient-dense foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats. Portion control is key, and tracking your food intake can help you stay accountable.

Regular Exercise: Incorporate a combination of cardiovascular exercise, strength training, and flexibility exercises into your routine. Start with activities you enjoy and gradually increase intensity and duration over time.

Stay Consistent: Consistency is key to long-term success. Stick to your healthy eating and exercise plan even on days when you don't feel motivated.

Seek Support: Surround yourself with a supportive network of friends, family, or a weight loss community who can offer encouragement, accountability, and motivation.

Manage Stress: Find healthy ways to cope with stress, such as meditation, deep breathing exercises, yoga, or hobbies that bring you joy.

Track Progress: Keep track of your progress by taking regular measurements, photos, or keeping a journal. Celebrate your successes along the way, no matter how small.

Be Patient: Weight loss takes time, and there will be ups and downs along the way. Stay patient and trust the process.

Remember, your weight loss journey is unique to you, and it's important to focus on overall health and well-being rather than just the number on the scale. Celebrate your progress and embrace the positive changes you're making for your health and happiness.
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Well darn..... it's never a good thing to have official weigh in after a special day. Got me some added weight due to yesterdays Valentine's Day special eatings. My scale says I gained 2 lbs this week...lol We do lunch instead of dinner to avoid the hike in menu prices. I shouldn't have had the cinnamon bun after my personal pizza. Boy was it all yummy and I enjoyed it guilt free. I haven't been logging my calories very well this week to start with so probably not all yesterdays fault. Will have to get back to strict logging again.
  • Susanna527
    Options
    Well darn..... it's never a good thing to have official weigh in after a special day. Got me some added weight due to yesterdays Valentine's Day special eatings. My scale says I gained 2 lbs this week...lol We do lunch instead of dinner to avoid the hike in menu prices. I shouldn't have had the cinnamon bun after my personal pizza. Boy was it all yummy and I enjoyed it guilt free. I haven't been logging my calories very well this week to start with so probably not all yesterdays fault. Will have to get back to strict logging again.

Sounds yummy! How wonderful that you have someone to share a special Valentine's day meal with 😊

Sometimes I find logging all my meals every day to be such a drag...but I think it helps, for sure!
  • Susanna527
    edited February 18
    Options
    Just popping by to say hi to y'all 😊 Hope everyone is having a great weekend πŸ‘πŸ» It's going by so quickly!!! 😊

I keep saying I'm going to meal prep on Sundays but then I get caught up with other things. I really feel I make better choices during the week if I have food already prepared. Gonna try to put some stuff together a bit later. It takes me a while because I make everything from scratch. I don't trust already prepared products too much, and gluten-free/vegan options are sooooo pricey, So I try to cut corners and save money by making everything homemade.

hbugyfnquuy5.jpg
  • chekispr
    chekispr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Is it too late to join this challenge? I'd love some motivation and just reading through your posts makes me excited and a little less nervous about starting this journey. πŸ™‚
  • Susanna527
    Options
    chekispr wrote: Β»
    Hi everyone!

Is it too late to join this challenge? I'd love some motivation and just reading through your posts makes me excited and a little less nervous about starting this journey. πŸ™‚

Hi and welcome! I'm not the moderator but I just saw your post and thought I'd say hello since I'm awake and can't sleep 😊 Did you just join MFP? Do you have a plan & a goal in mind? Just curious 😊

I just started getting serious about my weight loss around the start of 2024. I've lost 5 lbs so far & have about 70 to 80 more to go πŸ™πŸ»
  • chekispr
    chekispr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hi and welcome! I'm not the moderator but I just saw your post and thought I'd say hello since I'm awake and can't sleep 😊 Did you just join MFP? Do you have a plan & a goal in mind? Just curious 😊

I just started getting serious about my weight loss around the start of 2024. I've lost 5 lbs so far & have about 70 to 80 more to go πŸ™πŸ»

Hi Susanna!

I joined MFP about 6 years ago when I started my fitness journey but stopped a year later. I'm now back and motivated but in the lookout for some group support.

SW: 243.4
    CW: 240.3
    GW (for this year): 200
  • Susanna527
    edited February 20
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Hi Susanna!

I joined MFP about 6 years ago when I started my fitness journey but stopped a year later. I'm now back and motivated but in the lookout for some group support.

SW: 243.4
    CW: 240.3
    GW (for this year): 200

Same here! I joined 6 years ago when the nutritionist at my job recommended MFP so that I could track my protein and nutrients since I'm gluten-free & vegetarian (mostly vegan). Perseverance is not a strong suit of mine, and I fell off the MFP wagon, but am also back on, as of 2024, very motivated, and more determined than ever. Group support can totally help in staying motivated - glad you're here! I'm weighing myself monthly, so I've got another week and a half to see how I did this month :smile:
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in. Welcome to new people on here. I’ve been on this weight loss journey almost a year, since I was diagnosed with T2diabetes. Since then I’ve lost over 50 lbs. have at least another 50 to lose. Working at it every day. I’m very slow at losing. I enjoy food, cooking, and entertaining. Every once in awhile I think I’ll speed it up a little, but I don’t, so I guess this is me.🐒
  • NelleMH
    NelleMH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new , I have been on this roller coaster for quite sometime but .. Once and for all I am feeling very determined to get it done. My goal is 100 lbs but presently I am trying to focus on 5 lbs at a time.
  • NelleMH
    NelleMH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh and I live in Maine so Winter is not helping. Thank God Spring is right around the corner. I am on vacation as I work in a public school so I walk around Home depot to get my steps in. Waiting for my treadmill to arrive.
  • Susanna527
    Options
    NelleMH wrote: Β»
    Hi I am new , I have been on this roller coaster for quite sometime but .. Once and for all I am feeling very determined to get it done. My goal is 100 lbs but presently I am trying to focus on 5 lbs at a time.

Hi Nelle & welcome!

I have about 80 to lose and definitely can only focus on around 5 lbs at a time, otherwise it's too overwhelming for me. I used to love walking on the treadmill at the gym - I'd love a kind of mini one since I'm in an apartment with not a huge amount of space. Glad you're here πŸ€—
  • Susanna527
    Options
    Good morning and TGIF! 😊 Hope everyone's doing well. I'm weighing myself on the first of every month, and even though I'm only down 1 lb., I'm just really happy I'm going in the right direction, finally. For the longest time, every time I stepped on the scale, I weighed more.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!! 🌷

SW - 218
    CW - 212 (weighed today - only 1 pound down from 1 Feb.)
    GW - 130