MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options

Replies

• 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    kama1025 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Kama and I would love to join this challenge. I am doing a 1200-calorie diet, and so far that's working well. CW 342. I plan to start walking laps at the track across the street from my house. I also just got some resistance bands, so I will also start using those.
    Good plan, Kama. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. ☕️ 🍰

• 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    3zw6jnxphyxg.png
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    351.4 in late March
    345.4 in April

6 pounds lost so far.
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 100 Member
    edited April 7
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    351.4 in late March. 345.4 in April. 6 pounds lost so far.
    Yay! Lisa. 🎉 Good girl. Keep going. 👏 😀 ☀️

• ByeByeToDiabetes
    ByeByeToDiabetes Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Oh, this is so my group. I have over 100 lbs to lose. May I join, please?
    I am 59 years old (young) and I fight two demons. Weight and glucose. I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 weeks ago. Ever since I am on a mission. Perhaps it was the wake-up call I needed. The doctor offered to put me on Ozempic and I refused. I don't want to take the new wonder drug for either weight loss or blood sugar.

My next doctor's appointment is July 13th. We will get blood work done and I intend to kick diabetes to the curb by then.

So far I have lost 6 pounds. I started at 348 lbs and weigh now 342. My diet is now a mix between Mediterranean diet and low carb.

Have a great week! Stay strong! Have fun!
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    Options
    3zw6jnxphyxg.png

Your profile is set private. I was trying to add you as a friend, sadly that's not possible.
  • ByeByeToDiabetes
    Options
    SW 258.4 lbs July 2023
    CW 234.4 lbs
    GW 180 lbs
    Ultimate GW 150 lbs

Stressful month at work. I kept my weight and only lost 0.5 inches off my hips.

"Gesund und munter" gefaellt mir :-)
  • Stenderup2
    Stenderup2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lisa & I too need to lose 100+ lbs. I am 57 & my short term goal is get to 250 lbs while my long term goal is to get to 175 lbs. Yes that is well over 100 lbs. I have been trying to lose for a really long time now, but am doing the yo-yo thing. Man is that aggravating. So thank you for this group & am really hoping to find some support, encouragement & give some also. Thanks everyone!
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    edited April 9
    Options
    Oh, this is so my group. I have over 100 lbs to lose. May I join, please?
    I am 59 years old (young) and I fight two demons. Weight and glucose. I got diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 2 weeks ago. Ever since I am on a mission. Perhaps it was the wake-up call I needed. The doctor offered to put me on Ozempic and I refused. I don't want to take the new wonder drug for either weight loss or blood sugar.

My next doctor's appointment is July 13th. We will get blood work done and I intend to kick diabetes to the curb by then.

So far I have lost 6 pounds. I started at 348 lbs and weigh now 342. My diet is now a mix between Mediterranean diet and low carb.

Have a great week! Stay strong! Have fun!

Welcome to the group. My husband has been type 2 for many years. We've struggled with getting his A1C's down to normal range. No matter how clean he ate his nightly glucose was always up around 11. He started on Ozempic pen about 7 weeks ago and his nightly readings are anywhere between 7.2 and 9 now. His 3 month A1C was 7.9.......his last one 3 months ago was 8.9. So the pen is working for him. He thought his 3month A1C would be lower though. He's not using it for weight loss but so far has dropped about 6 lbs. which is a good thing. I find that eating clean for him has helped me with my weight loss. I have lost about 7 lbs this past week....mostly due to cutting carbs out completely and eating protein & veggies. I have about 130 lbs to lose.
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    Options
    ywkkhntvp3dd.png

or at least a week ago!! I cut all carbs from my diet as well as fat and sugar. No more dicking around. Wasn't loggin my daily calorie count diligently anymore so needed to shake things up. Doing protein and veggies. No more calorie logging. Have oatbran daily in a pancake to get my daily fibre. Have low fat cheeses/ff yogurt as well as lower fat ricotta cheese. Daily treat is SF jello. Making sure to drink minimum of 6 glasses of fluids....water, tea. It seems to be working.
    March 28 - 319.4
    April 9 - 312.2
    a loss of 7.2 lbs.

I'm sure that most of that was water drop. But I don't care....I sure feel better. I've eliminated aches and pains which I'm sure were from the carbs. I was eating alot of bread & buns/crackers etc. While I'm not gluten intolerant I figure I might have a slight intolerance which shows up in achy pains. I no longer feel bloated.
  • deejoan
    deejoan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kama and I would love to join this challenge. I am doing a 1200-calorie diet, and so far that's working well, I need to get the exercise part down.

SW 354
    CW 342

With the weather getting nicer, I plan to start walking laps at the track across the street from my house. I also just got some resistance bands, so I will also start using those.

Hi Kama: Welcome to the group. I also was over 300 years ago so I know how hard it is to lose the weight, but never give up, you will reach your goals. I am now 225 and have been able to maintain it, even though it has taken me many, many years to get there. Keep up the good work!
  • lislisa123
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kama and I would love to join this challenge. I am doing a 1200-calorie diet, and so far that's working well, I need to get the exercise part down.

SW 354
    CW 342

With the weather getting nicer, I plan to start walking laps at the track across the street from my house. I also just got some resistance bands, so I will also start using those.

Walking is one of the best and easiest exercises to do, just have to watch out for the nasty sun rays. I'm around your weight and that's my form of exercise. I walk every other day for an hour to an hour and a half, and sometimes I do exercise routes from YouTube. There are lots of good ones on there. One I like that works well on rainy or super hot days is: 5k walk with a twist, walking at home https://youtu.be/wAcxrNbWmVM?si=VwXJ20Z9H5r5mXKJ
  • deejoan
    Options
    I use the Leslie Sansone DVD's also. They help in moving your arms during walking too.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I’ve been Mia. Had a bit of a healthy lifestyle breakdown for the last 6 weeks. I don’t know what triggered it. I went from living the most healthy lifestyle I’ve had in years to kaputski! I’m really trying to get back to it. My life does depend on it. I’m old, diabetic, and obese. I’ve gained 8 lbs. in the last 6 weeks, and stopped getting exercise. Yes, there’s stress in my life, but there always will be. Anyway, I’m going to try and update my progress here.
  • deejoan
    Options
    I’ve been Mia. Had a bit of a healthy lifestyle breakdown for the last 6 weeks. I don’t know what triggered it. I went from living the most healthy lifestyle I’ve had in years to kaputski! I’m really trying to get back to it. My life does depend on it. I’m old, diabetic, and obese. I’ve gained 8 lbs. in the last 6 weeks, and stopped getting exercise. Yes, there’s stress in my life, but there always will be. Anyway, I’m going to try and update my progress here.

We all have those healthy lifestyle breakdowns at times. Just say I am starting now again, not tomorrow, not on the weekend, just right now! We're here for you!
  • siggylu
    siggylu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Gracie and I have 13 weeks left until I fly to London with my family. I spent the last month exercising almost daily and then I fell off last week when my daughter had an asthma attack and was hospitalized. She's doing much better now but I am really struggling to get motivated again. My goals for my London trip: have a lot of energy, have a smaller butt because at 5'10" and 216 pounds I feel like I may have trouble with British chairs and just smaller spaces. I will be seeing my husband's relatives for the first time in 17 years. I was 50 pounds lighter when they met me.
    SW: 218
    CW: 216
    UGW: 170 (But I don't want to achieve that in 13 weeks)
    Good luck to everyone!
  • lislisa123
    Options
    8x5y1nyvmabx.jpg
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    Options
    Things are a struggle lately. I'm trying to stay strong and not start stress eating. Over Easter my daughter (44) was hospitalized with pneamonia for 5 days. She has asthma so it was hard. She's better thank goodness. Her partner was laid off last year and has been looking for work but no luck in this smaller town. They are considering they may have to make a move away. Yesterday we got notice from our landlords that they are selling our condo. So we have to move out. Thankfully we have until April 1st to find something but it's impossible in this town. Everyone seems to want to move here for some stupid reason (along with the larger cities like Vancouver shipping bus loads of homeless people here). Rents are horrendous if you can find a place. We currently pay $1250/mth for our 2 bedroom but out there landlords are asking anywhere from $2000 - $2700 for that. A single room is being asked $1000/mth. We're retirees and those costs are impossible. We are thinking about having to move but everywhere has impossible rents. Thankfully we have a 24ft RV so we won't be totally homeless. We can put stuff into storage or sell it all and live in the trailer for the warmer months, moving from park to park. We're thinking that by the time the cold weather sets in we'll trade our RV in on a larger unit that we can live in and overwinter in a RV resort that has full services. These rent for around $700/mth in the off season months and that's way cheaper than what an apartment costs. Not ideal but what are you gonna do. On the plus side....I can finally have my ocean front property...lol It's very stressful and I need to make sure I don't start eating my feelings away. At least we have till next April and then it'll be warm enough to RV around till October which we do normally. We're thinking we'll have to move back down to Vancouver Island where we moved from 6 years ago when we got renovicted. We moved up here because my DD was here but if she's moving away nothing to keep us here. Life sucks right at the moment. I'm sure others here have their own struggles and can understand what I'm going through right now. Let's hope life starts to go our way.

On a better note: I started April at 319.4 and have dropped down to 312.2 as of today. That's a loss of 7.2 lbs this month. I'll take that any day of the week. I've stalled this week so have to drink more water and start walking.
  • lislisa123
    edited April 18
    Options
    canyonGeek wrote:

7. 2 Mile Dance/Walk by growwithjo

If you want a hard workout that kills you with sweat and pain, try this video of hers. I've done it a couple of times and my god, you will feel it the next day. lol. https://youtu.be/cAAB2yjlwhI?si=hxtiJ_E06uH-rrJI

• deejoan
    Options
    Things are a struggle lately. I'm trying to stay strong and not start stress eating. Over Easter my daughter (44) was hospitalized with pneamonia for 5 days. She has asthma so it was hard. She's better thank goodness. Her partner was laid off last year and has been looking for work but no luck in this smaller town. They are considering they may have to make a move away. Yesterday we got notice from our landlords that they are selling our condo. So we have to move out. Thankfully we have until April 1st to find something but it's impossible in this town. Everyone seems to want to move here for some stupid reason (along with the larger cities like Vancouver shipping bus loads of homeless people here). Rents are horrendous if you can find a place. We currently pay $1250/mth for our 2 bedroom but out there landlords are asking anywhere from $2000 - $2700 for that. A single room is being asked $1000/mth. We're retirees and those costs are impossible. We are thinking about having to move but everywhere has impossible rents. Thankfully we have a 24ft RV so we won't be totally homeless. We can put stuff into storage or sell it all and live in the trailer for the warmer months, moving from park to park. We're thinking that by the time the cold weather sets in we'll trade our RV in on a larger unit that we can live in and overwinter in a RV resort that has full services. These rent for around $700/mth in the off season months and that's way cheaper than what an apartment costs. Not ideal but what are you gonna do. On the plus side....I can finally have my ocean front property...lol It's very stressful and I need to make sure I don't start eating my feelings away. At least we have till next April and then it'll be warm enough to RV around till October which we do normally. We're thinking we'll have to move back down to Vancouver Island where we moved from 6 years ago when we got renovicted. We moved up here because my DD was here but if she's moving away nothing to keep us here. Life sucks right at the moment. I'm sure others here have their own struggles and can understand what I'm going through right now. Let's hope life starts to go our way.

On a better note: I started April at 319.4 and have dropped down to 312.2 as of today. That's a loss of 7.2 lbs this month. I'll take that any day of the week. I've stalled this week so have to drink more water and start walking.

That is fabulous that even with all your struggles you were able to still lose over 7lbs this month. Things are already starting to go your way! Keep it up!