MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    7freshflowers thanks for the support! I am in 2 groups Woman 220Lb and this one. I got confused yesterday and thought I posted to this group. Sorry for my confusion but I am an older woman and confusion is happening the older I get. I did weigh yesterday and did not gain since January. I lost 5 pounds. So please let me know if I did this right.
    Highest weight 497
    Starting weight from Jan 265.6
    Current weight 260.6
    June goal weight 250
    Overall goal weight 170

I have logged my food eaten for the past 3 days and yesterday I even downloaded some chair videos I hope to start doing them on my 5 days off.
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    7freshflowers thanks for the support! I lost 5 pounds. So please let me know if I did this right. Highest weight 497. Current weight 260.6 I have logged my food eaten for the past 3 days and yesterday I even downloaded some chair videos I hope to start doing them on my 5 days off.
    Yes Amanda. You're doing it right. Thanks for re-joining MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Looking forward to seeing your progress. I need to download some chair exercise videos too. 🪑

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    I find this quote to be so true. I used to faint every time I had to get my blood drawn until I finally changed my attitude about it. Now, it doesn't bother me at all. I even help the doctor find my veins and watch her put the needle in. Never could do that before. The mind is a powerful thing.
    3soh1zajsoye.jpeg
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    The lady in the polka dot dress is me.

2srp4orpvzyo.jpeg
  • lislisa123
    lislisa123 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @7freshflowers This is a good one…1fuxxaulbaue.jpeg
  • LucyMendez2024
    LucyMendez2024 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im new here! Gave birth my 5 months old and got done with breastfeeding and eximent stage in my life but also gained more weight than when pregnant. Im so ready to start this journey goal is to loss 100lb avoiding gastric slave and more importat be healthy to take care of my new baby im 39 many reasons more to be healthy and sexy ;) lookkng to move fwrd!
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    Im new here! Im so ready to start this journey goal is to loss 100lb avoiding gastric sleeve.
    Hello Lucy. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Yes. Avoid bariatric surgery if you can. 👏 MFP is the way to go.

• 7freshflowers
    edited June 17
    Options
    I always wish I knew what others were eating. That's why I occasionally post my daily menus. Post yours, if you like. I'd love to know. I've lost exactly 1 pound since yesterday. Today's menu (same as yesterday):

BREAKFAST: Big bowl of Kellogg's corn flakes with about a tablespoon of sugar, 2 cups of soy milk, 2 hard boiled eggs, and 1 cup of strong black coffee.

DINNER: A big bowl of homemade vegetable soup, ! small avocado, and 17 (1 serving) Simple Mills Almond Crackers.

Every ounce counts, you know. I always weigh myself naked.

pb9g0tstjmbw.jpeg
  • lislisa123
    Options
    @freshflowers: I always wish I knew what others were eating.
    OK, I'll be brave and show my food intake. Lol. I'm definitely not a role model when it comes to food choices. I eat a lot of processed food as I don't cook, the microwave is my friend. I need to work on my salt intake, thanks to the seasonings I use, but other than that, I'm usually under in every other category. I used to be very restrictive with eating only allowing myself 1,000 to 1,200 calories a day plus working out but I found that left me very moody and feeling starved. Not everyone is the same, not everything that works for you will work for someone else. We all have to find our own paths and things that work for us. I found eating between 1,500 to 1,700 calories works best for me. However, I also burn a lot of calories from my workouts, anywhere from 600 to 800 calories and up.

n2sihjeh43cy.png

• 7freshflowers
    edited June 18
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    @freshflowers: I always wish I knew what others were eating.
    OK, I'll be brave and show my food intake. Lol. I'm definitely not a role model when it comes to food choices. I eat a lot of processed food as I don't cook, the microwave is my friend.

THANK YOU Lisa for showing us your food diary. It looks healthy enough to me. I'm going to try some of the stuff you eat. Especially the Crystal light, apple chips, and pineapple tidbits. 😋

You're always eating under your calorie limit. You must be losing weight like a maniac.

LIsa, I always eat over my limit of sodium/salt too. I LOVE MSG ❤️. The idea that MSG, or monosodium glutamate, is bad for you is an "old wives tale." It simply isn't true.

Chinese food used to taste so much better when restaurants used MSG.

• lislisa123
    Options
    @7freshflowers
    You're always eating under your calorie limit. You must be losing weight like a maniac.

LIsa, I always eat over my limit of sodium/salt too. I LOVE MSG ❤️. The idea that MSG, or monosodium glutamate, is bad for you is an "old wives tale." It simply isn't true.

Chinese food used to taste so much better when restaurants used MSG.

I wish! Lol! It's still very much a struggle to lose weight. I lose about a pound or 2 a week. However, I did have a rough week last week, with a family event where I had no choice but to eat the food served there, which was not healthy. I ended up gaining weight ( probably water weight ) I worked my butt off to lose it and at the end of the week, I was able to lose the water weight plus an additional 4oz. It probably would have been a 1 or 2-lb weight loss if I didn't have the event.

Salt has always been a problem for me. It's in all processed food, heaps of it. I try to be more wary of it but there is only so much you can do. I found that drinking lots of water helps flush out salt in your system and helps to keep you from gaining the water weight from the salt. If I know I'm going to eat something really salty. I try to have an extra glass or two of water to help dilute it in my system.

I also found out recently Greek yogurt is great for losing weight. I started having vanilla Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and blueberries along with some granola as a dessert on certain days.

• gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Salt has always been a problem for me. It's in all processed food, heaps of it. I try to be more wary of it but there is only so much you can do. I found that drinking lots of water helps flush out salt in your system and helps to keep you from gaining the water weight from the salt. If I know I'm going to eat something really salty. I try to have an extra glass or two of water to help dilute it in my system.

[/quote]
    So true, Lisa. I weaned myself from salt seasoning - as it is in all processed food - a long time ago. Once in a big while I have salted fries. I use tumeric for white rice and to emulate curry chicken salad, Italian seasoning for tomatoes/pasta, basil and a real basil plant to treat myself with tomatoes and fresh mozzarella (caprese style) or brie on baguette.
  • lislisa123
    edited June 18
    Options
    @gesundundmunter Yeah, I still remember my high school biology teacher telling the class once that you should never add salt to food, that you don't need to, there is already so much salt on food.

Which is definitely true with preprocessed food or take-out food. I try to not add salt if I don't need to. It's only if I'm having cooked chicken/meat that is plain that I need the seasoning on. I didn't realize till recently how much salt is added in some seasonings.
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    I'm an Hourglass. My mom was an apple.
    9jzh8besj9dv.jpeg
  • lislisa123
    edited June 18
    Options
    @7freshflowers

You're lucky, you have some curves. Hourglass is usually the most flattering body shape. I'm unfortunately the ball of fat-looking apple. 😆

They should change the last shape's name from Rectangle to Poptart shape. Lol.

qrv2b3pr3640.png
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa, just stumbled across this and found your story interesting. Can you say how much you have lost? It may be here somewhere, I only read the first and last few pages.

I no longer need to lose 100 pounds, but I did once. My highest weight was 360, today I weighed 185. I got down to a low of 143 a couple of years ago and felt awful, underweight and malnourished. So I can appreciate your desire not to go too low. I've been up and down since, and would like to lose about 20 pounds, I think something in the mid-160s would work best for me.

My biggest problem was and still is bingeing. It's not as bad as it once was, I have been a couple of weeks without bingeing and trying my best to manage it. Do you have the binge problem, or are you just a big eater?

Anyway you gave me a feeling of having been there once. I sure hope you are successful, and you seem to be doing a lot of things right, so I think you will be. I may check in on you from time to time, if it's ok. Best of luck with it.

You asked for others to post their food, so here is mine from yesterday. I claim to be no expert, and am
    not suggesting anyone try to do the same as me, but here it is.
    5s4elrraz4yw.jpg
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    lislisa123 wrote: »
    @7freshflowers You're lucky, you have some curves.
    Yeah, but you have great legs. I always envied my mother's slender legs. I carry most of my weight in my legs. She had a large chest and stomach, and beautiful legs. 🦵🏼