Looking for new Friends and some accountability

Options
I've been on this journey for a long long time and I've had lots of ups and downs. I've gained and lost and re-gained more than I'd like to state. My biggest issue is self control and I kind of need to be held accountable since I'm not always great at doing that myself. I'm 40, live in the Chicagoland Area, and really would love to get to know people on a journey like mine. I'd love to make friends and have a support network. I'd love to give support and hold you accountable too!

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,283 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Self control is a tough nut to crack. Most people have some issues with it at some point with some aspects of life. I sure do. The sad news is that you are the only one who can hold yourself accountable.

Take a look at some of the "most important" posts for some good initial guidance:
    Set some goals. Make them tough but attainable. Make them time-bound. Make them measurable. Set up strategies to achieve them, and then when you start, just stick to it. If you slip up, that's OK. We all do. The trick is not to quit. Get right back at it. Don't wait until next month or next week or even tomorrow do it NOW. The only time we can ever make a decision is right now in this moment. That's good news! You only have to hold yourself accountable for a moment! Now!

When you slip up, just get back after it and stick to it.