Reached my first goal!!! 100lbs gone!

Options
Yesterday at weigh in I achieved my first major goal of dropping 100lbs! It took 315 days starting at 2200 calories to 1530 calories today. I started keto low carb but recently I've added a few carbs back like rice, beans and very rarely breads. I have splurged also and those weeks I did see either a stall or gain even staying under my calories. Which was frustrating but it showed that even staying under my calories when you eat the wrong unhealthy food it really does affect your weight loss.
I'm so glad I started back on this journey to get healthy. I feel better, my knees and ankles don't hurt as bad anymore. If I can do this anybody can, I've lost weight before but never this much so I'm hoping I can keep going.
Moving forward this year I'm going to work on building my strength and stamina. I have a Schwinn bike now that also has the arm handles like an elliptical. I want to lose another 40-50lbs, but I've been told that that'll be too much and I wouldn't look right. That would have me at around 190-200lbs.

Replies

• CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wow! I’m so proud of you!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,918 Member
    Options
    Were you on the keto diet from the beginning? If eating those carbs were just a few days sporadically then it was probably water weight that caused the stall or slight weight gain.
  • pbm89gt
    pbm89gt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yes, started Keto at the beginning, I still ate some veggies and fruits that wasn't keto.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Those foods most likely made you retain water hence the lack of progress even though you were in a weekly deficit, calorie wise.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,231 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your success. Losing 100 pounds in a year is pretty amazing.

As far as getting to 190-200 pounds, who's telling you it's too much? What's your current weight and height? Many people have friends that tell them they're taking things too far. I did. I had friends that thought maybe I had an eating disorder. This was in part because I kept tracking calories after I got to my goal weight. When they realized that this was the way I was maintaining and no longer losing, they accepted it.

Also be prepared for people to comment that you "look gaunt." There's two things going on. One is they're not used to seeing you that thin. The other is that sometimes after weight loss, you DO look a little gaunt, especially in the face. I did. It got better. Part was people getting used to it, and another part was my body adapting to my new weight and "moving things around."

I bet you're already planning on your strategies in maintenance. It's pretty much the same thing as losing weight except that you get a few more calories every day. That's really where the rubber meets the road.

A year from now I look forward to reading about you getting to your goal weight and maybe even being stable there for a while.
  • EdgeofDesiree
    EdgeofDesiree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. That is an amazing accomplishment.
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    100 pounds! Wow! Good for you! No matter if you lose more or not. No matter how much more you lose.
    Celebrate what you've done! For your heart! For your joints! For your life! Riding a bike again! What fun!
  • km9xrv82qq
    km9xrv82qq Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! My goal is to loose 80lbs in the next year. Thank you for sharing your story!
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Amazingly inspiring. I have 84 pounds to lose to be at a healthy weight. I have eliminated wheat as I find I am feeling better without it. I am aiming for 1.5-2 pounds a week.
  • eliz_mcl
    eliz_mcl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started out last week, diabetic and 100 lbs to lose…I am inspired by your story. Thank you and congratulations!!!
  • kaikeiki
    kaikeiki Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just starting...but i have to read more about your story..congratulations!
  • Whyohwhydidsheswallowthefly
    Options
    Wow that really is amazing, well done <3
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!
    That’s amazing.

Two questions re ‘ I've been told that that'll be too much and I wouldn't look right.’ —-> who told you that? And why are you letting them make that decision for you?
    Remember, this is your life and your body and you should do what feels comfortable to you.