New Member Looking for Friends

Options
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and would love to connect with others as a way to receive motivation and support. I tend to start on my weight loss journey and never keep up with it. My oldest daughter is engaged, and i don't want to be overweight for her wedding. Plus, I know i'm unhealthy, and I want to be able to live a long life so i can be there for my grandkids.

I've begun limiting sweets, which are a big problem for me. I've also (literally) just began working out. I have a sedentary desk job (I'm a writer), so I don't get much movement throughout the day. I also suffer from a sleep disorder called Idiopathic Hypersomnia, and I tend to fall asleep during the day. Plus, I suffer from severe depression, which makes me unable to do what i want or need to do. All of this together limits my progress.

I could really use some encouragement and someone to check up on me and make sure I'm sticking with it. I look forward to meeting new people.

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,955 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the MyFitnessPal community!!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,275 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

If you are looking for camaraderie among people striving for similar goals, you might enjoy a group I'm involved with called "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off." It's a private group, so when you click on that link you'll have to request to join, and you'll be approved pretty quickly.

There's only two requirements. First, enter your starting weight and goals for each quarter of the year. Easy. Second, enter a weekly weigh-in. Also easy. We have some ongoing other challenges, all of which are completely optional. They can be fun. We also try to do a "special challenge" each week, although we don't always get one up. The group is run by a few volunteers, and we're off doing fun things sometimes.

You'll find camaraderie, and while you are the only one you can be accountable to, some people find it easier to be accountable to themselves when they share with others.

Check it out if you want. Invite your friends. We're not really recruiting, but... we're kind of recruiting.
  • SKmarathon
    SKmarathon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you. That's the kind of group I need. I hope you are reaching your goals and dreams.
  • thinkbrenda
    thinkbrenda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I’m in the same boat and would love to add some friends to my fitness pal account. Motivation and accountability if that is of interest to you?
  • mllama19
    mllama19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m new too and would love to have a friend for encouragement and support. I’ve been sedentary due to health issues and am just getting back into being active.
  • rea71
    rea71 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am back after a few months. I need to track my food. Keeps me honest & I see what I am eating. And what I didn’t realize how much of certain foods I was eating.
  • carterbrent
    carterbrent Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Also looking for support. I am 62 and have suffered with depression all my life which tends to make me a stress eater at times. I have lost 25 pounds in the last year or so. My weight loss is kind of stalled so if you want you can add me