Milk

Options
Is 500ml of milk daily safe ?

Replies

• littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Sorry, you'll need to clarify 'safe'. Safe for what, for who?

Personally I think I do better if I don't have much dairy, that's to do with skin and doesn't apply to everyone.

For a person who does not have any allergies and likes it why wouldn't it be safe? In weight loss terms as long as it fits into your calories for the day it would be fine. It's all just choices, will I use these calories on milk today or something else?
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Safe for what? That's just barely over 2 cups.
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    For a cat? Probably not. Most are lactose intolerant.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,414 Member
    Options
    For the cow? Probably not as you need to impregnate a cow to get milk. For you? Yeah, likely.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 26
    Options
    I used to go through a gallon or two every couple of days, to wash down all the chocolate candy, cookies and cake I was eating. Nothing beats ice cold milk and chocolate anything.

I drank skim because “it was better for me” since it was…..drum roll…..lower calorie.

In retrospect I was an utter ninny, but I’ve learned since then.

The milk didn’t hurt me. The lack of moderation certainly did.

There really is value in the saying “all things in moderation”.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,210 Member
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant or otherwise allergic/sensitive to milk? If no, it's safe . . . and nutrient dense, besides.

I consume that much milk nearly every day. My Northern European genes let me thrive on it. I lost weight consuming milk, now maintain weight consuming milk. I like milk.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,114 Member
    Options
    16oz of milk? That's the LEAST amount of milk I have daily, most days double that (even some days in the same meal!), occasionally triple.