Fueling Your Future in 2024 and Beyond

Options
OaklandTeacher
OaklandTeacher Posts: 20 Member
edited February 3 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm back! It's been years since I've actively posted.

Sadly, I regained at least 10 pounds since the holiday season started last October, 2023; however, I'm determined to get back -- and stay -- on track to fuel my journey to living a fabulous future.

Yesterday, I discovered a set of pens with affirmations on them. I used one that says "BE FEARLESS" to start tracking my calories while visualizing filling myself up with quality food the same way you'd fill up a car to take you where I want to go.

Then, at the groceries store there were healthy, yummy, and organic choices to make. Happily, I was able to select a few based on focusing on living healthily and happily today, next month, next year, and beyond.

Next, I looked up calories lost doing Zumba and walking. I want this journey to be fun 😊 💃 🚶‍♀️.

Losing weight can be a difficult, frustrating, and painful trek; however, this time around, I'm already starting to enjoy this journey to my fabulous future.

Care to share your feelings, thoughts, and actions on fueling your future?

Best wishes.
Good luck!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,432 Member
    Options
    I have to admit, I don't think of it as fueling my future exactly. But one of the benefits of calorie counting, for me, has been the ability to balance current pleasure (since I'm pretty hedonistic) with improving the odds that my future self will also be happy, healthy, and independent (because being active and at a healthy weight does improve those odds).

I have a lot of age-peers in my social environment who are already in pretty serious decline via excess body weight and too little activity. They aren't able to do recreational things that involve much walking or stairs, need help from their adult children with the heavier routine household chores/projects, are limited in what they can eat due to health conditions or medication contraindications, and more. I was definitely on that path when I joined MFP at age 59, maybe not as far down the track as some, but heading that way. Reaching a healthy weight sometime during age 60, I'm feeling pretty good now about my physical condition (at 68).

Best wishes to you for continuing positive results!
  • Rockymountainliving
    Rockymountainliving Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost the weight I wanted in 2022 and the first 3 months of 2023. Like you, some weight crept back on from October-January. Not a lot, but not a lot per year is how I wound up heavy. So I am back at it as well. Good food choices, more protein to satiate, weighing food instead of eyeballing. I started pilates 1x week and upped my walking.
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Enjoying the journey is a fantastic goal and a sustainable mindset. It doesn't have to be painful, but unfortunately we've been socialized to feel so much shame over weight and eating.
  • MargaretOPry2024
    MargaretOPry2024 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the affirmation pens you are using to help give you the identity of someone capable, courageous, and compassionate with yourself! This post is inspiring to me and the positive mindset is contagious! You’ve got this! We’ve all got this! One day at a time! 👍
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love AnnPT77’s comment about “future self” Good way to describe it.