I'd like to find a group for support

Options
HI,
My name is Jay. I live in Ohio and just recently left WW. I'm liking the MFP app so far but I miss the support that a group gives you. How can I find a smaller group of people to share with on here? I tried searching groups but didn't really find anything. Any help woul be greatly appreciated!

Best Answers

• henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 812 Member
    edited February 11 Answer ✓
    Options
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146050-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2024

I have been part of this group for 6 months, it’s great. You can join late. It’s called a challenge, but, at its core, it’s a support group. Some members have participated for years.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,237 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you are looking for camaraderie among people striving for similar goals, you might enjoy a group I'm involved with called "Lose 1 Pound a Week and Keep it Off." It's a private group, so when you click on that link you'll have to request to join, and you'll be approved pretty quickly.

There's only two requirements. First, enter your starting weight and goals for each quarter of the year. Easy. Second, enter a weekly weigh-in. Also easy. We have some ongoing other challenges, all of which are completely optional. They can be fun. We also try to do a "special challenge" each week, although we don't always get one up. The group is run by a few volunteers, and we're off doing fun things sometimes.

You'll find camaraderie, and while you are the only one you can be accountable to, some people find it easier to be accountable to themselves when they share with others.

Check it out if you want. Invite your friends. We're not really recruiting, but... we're kind of recruiting.

Answers