Intermediate fasting

Options
How could I incorporate intermediate fasting, into my diary if I wanted to fast for a meal or different times throughout the day,
When I’ve fasted for lunch or dinner before at the end of the day my dairy won’t let me log it in because it tells me I’ve eaten too little. Has anyone had this issue?

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Your diary doesn't have to be closed at the end of the day. If you are trying to and it tells you you haven't eaten enough, it isn't because you are intermittent fasting, it is because you haven't reached the calories you should, that were set by MFP. I intermittent fast, and when I was logging I just put it as my dinner, and didn't close my diary for the day. There is no need to.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,112 Member
    Options
    As said below, you don't need to close your diary.
    But you don't want to consistently eat below your calorie goal, there's a reason MFP doesn't want you to close your diary. You can use a weekly view instead of a daily if your intake is irregular.
  • Latina4you
    Latina4you Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks that makes sense.
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Latina4you wrote: »
    How could I incorporate intermediate fasting, into my diary if I wanted to fast for a meal or different times throughout the day,
    When I’ve fasted for lunch or dinner before at the end of the day my dairy won’t let me log it in because it tells me I’ve eaten too little. Has anyone had this issue?

That's kind of non IF so to speak. IF and you generally want to have a consistent specific fasting time so your body gets used to the timing and keeps hunger at bay. What you're doing is just having more time between meals inconsistently. Your fatloss will be determined by your weekly calorie consumption and not meal timing anyway.
  • Latina4you
    Latina4you Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you!
  • MARILYNENA
    MARILYNENA Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It just tells you that you did not meet you caloric goal. I just meet my protein intake which nos is 100 grams, and my caloric needs sometimes not. So far I have lost 21.6 lbs since oct. I've gained 2.4lbs of muscle mass, lowered visceral fat -4 and no bone mass loss! all my labs improved . (doing intermittent, low carb, 100 grams of protein.)