Pet Peeves at work??

Options
I have many - especially as an HR professional... but here are my top few....

1. Coming to work sick - GROSS! Believe me, nobody wants to hear your sniffling, hacking, coughing, barfing self. I work in HR, I promise, we want you to be at home, not at work.

2. Clipping your nails at your desk - NO NO NO NO. There is a time and place to clip your nails. It's never at work. Did you just snag a nail at work? Ok clip that little piece and do it quickly and quietly. Preferably in the rest room. Do not sit at your desk and complete your weekly nail trimming. GROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

3. Being a loud person in a cubicle setting - you share your area with others. No need to shout on the phone. No need to have loud conversations with others. Be respectful!

4. Crying at work - Ok, sometimes this can't be helped. I get it. I have empathy. But those people who come to work and cry all the time. It's time to rethink your career/job choice. Someone who is always bawling does not get respect. I suffer from extreme depression, but I reserve my emotional outbursts for private time. If at any point I can't control the water works, I know it's time to rethink things.

5. Unwashed hair - Wash your hair. PERIOD.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    Well, I know I feel better.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Ooh....this could be a deadly thread, but to be as vague as possible without potentially getting caught...

1. Staff who don't follow my recommendations. They are there for a reason, either follow or ask for a review of my plan.
    2. Staff who swear.... can you not think of another adjective to describe the issue?
    3. Staff who leave cars without refueling...some of us need to be able to get to a destination without having to consider refueling before we even get there!
    4. Staff who leave their work station untidy....we have hot desks, let us use them without having to clean up your resources every time!
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The "it's not my job" people! Last time i checked we work for the same place and if we want to be successful we are a team and should help out others when we can.
  • DashDeV
    DashDeV Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Smelly poops in the women's bathroom.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options

^Pretty much this.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I agree, especially when I'm hiding in the next stall over trying to get my peeping tomness on.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    We're not allowed to bring our Peeves to work. :angry:
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    People...people are my pet peeve... :laugh:
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    People that come into work sick and sound like they're about to choke on their own esophagus. Take a damn cough drop and go home!
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

This!!! I need a private toilet.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    The "I don't have time for this" attitude....Your time is no more valuable than mine
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    People who come from 2 aisles over and have to interject into every conversation when they weren't in it in the first place.
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    1. People who bring donuts for the whole office, and then are pushy standing in front of your desk until you take one.
    2. People who bake cookies for the whole office, and then are offended when you won't take one.
    3. People who bring cake for everyone's birthday, and then insist that you must take a piece to honor the birthday boy or girl.
    4. People who bring muffins to the office because they are "healthy" and then are hurt when you won't eat one.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    When MFP goes down for maintenance and I have to keep busy by talking to co-workers
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    When MFP goes down for maintenance and I have to keep busy by talking to co-workers

I try to get in a quick power nap at those times.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    People...people are my pet peeve... :laugh:
    This ^^^^
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sick people...ugh!

Oh wait, I work at a hospital....nevermind.:ohwell:
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    1. People who bring donuts for the whole office, and then are pushy standing in front of your desk until you take one.
    2. People who bake cookies for the whole office, and then are offended when you won't take one.
    3. People who bring cake for everyone's birthday, and then insist that you must take a piece to honor the birthday boy or girl.
    4. People who bring muffins to the office because they are "healthy" and then are hurt when you won't eat one.

The struggle not to conform.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure going to work is my pet peeve.
  • GemmaRowlands
    GemmaRowlands Posts: 360 Member
    Options

This.

I hate it when you're made to feel like some kind of social outcast because, for once, you're not begging whoever's been baking for some lardy junk to shove down your throat.