Pet Peeves at work??

Options

Replies

• _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    1. People who bring donuts for the whole office, and then are pushy standing in front of your desk until you take one.
    2. People who bake cookies for the whole office, and then are offended when you won't take one.
    3. People who bring cake for everyone's birthday, and then insist that you must take a piece to honor the birthday boy or girl.
    4. People who bring muffins to the office because they are "healthy" and then are hurt when you won't eat one.

I want to work there.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

1. Coming to work sick - GROSS! Believe me, nobody wants to hear your sniffling, hacking, coughing, barfing self. I work in HR, I promise, we want you to be at home, not at work.

I refuse to waste my sick days being home sick. As I told HR at work: "Why would I stay home and make my family miserable, when I can come in here and make you ****ers miserable?"

People who stay home from work at the slightest sniffle suck.
  • Jenni0813
    Options
    People...people are my pet peeve... :laugh:

^^ Yes. Exactly. Without them, and the fact that I have to be here all day, work would be great.
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options

1. Coming to work sick - GROSS! Believe me, nobody wants to hear your sniffling, hacking, coughing, barfing self. I work in HR, I promise, we want you to be at home, not at work.

I refuse to waste my sick days being home sick. As I told HR at work: "Why would I stay home and make my family miserable, when I can come in here and make you ****ers miserable?"

There is a BIG difference in a little sniffle and being sick. It's so rude when people bring their sick butts into work and make others sick.

fight_club_gif_002_by_a_new_hope-d31kvhv.gif
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    3cc.gif
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Ineffective and inconsistent management.
  • NekaMaye88
    NekaMaye88 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    3cc.gif

Haha! Too funny!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

There is a BIG difference in a little sniffle and being sick. It's so rude when people bring their sick butts into work and make others sick.

fight_club_gif_002_by_a_new_hope-d31kvhv.gif

The only thing that will keep me out of work is a decent fever (I wont stay home if it's just hitting 100) or stomach issues that may require an *immediate* trip to the bathroom (either end). Everything else is "not really sick"
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I'm pretty sure going to work is my pet peeve.

^^^YES!!!
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    1. People who bring donuts for the whole office, and then are pushy standing in front of your desk until you take one.
    2. People who bake cookies for the whole office, and then are offended when you won't take one.
    3. People who bring cake for everyone's birthday, and then insist that you must take a piece to honor the birthday boy or girl.
    4. People who bring muffins to the office because they are "healthy" and then are hurt when you won't eat one.

I want to work there.

LOL I was thinking the same thing,:love:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    talking about the weather in elevators. dumb small talk....silence is okay, really. Also, people who cough on you.

Glad I work from home now.
  • depuydt2011
    depuydt2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    People who talk about coworkers behind their backs and then are super friendly when that person walks in the room. So fake
  • depuydt2011
    depuydt2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Smelly poops in the women's bathroom.

we understand sometimes this can't be helped but air fresheners or something is required after bathroom use
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    People who expect you to cover/do their job when they are gone (vacation, sick, whatever) but will just pile your stuff up on your desk if you are out. It is a two way street people.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Loud people
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Loud eaters, i appreciate no one eats silently but i've thrown shovel fulls of sand, cement and gravel into a mixer and made less noise than some people
  • optionalsourcewins
    Options
    A coworker who see no problem with putting his conference call on SPEAKER PHONE for the entire wing to have to listen to all sides of the conversation not just his. We're all in cubicles!!! What's worse is that he also will get up and leave his cubicle and go to the bathroom or where ever leaving the conference call on speaker phone in full blast!!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Loud eaters, i appreciate no one eats silently but i've thrown shovel fulls of sand, cement and gravel into a mixer and made less noise than some people
    Oh this made me laugh- and made my fork hover just at my lips for a moment.
    :ohwell:
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure going to work is my pet peeve.

The only right answer
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    We have a girl that brushes her teeth while walking around the office.
    GAG.

So gross.