Options
    Working. Huge pet peeve of mine.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    1. Coming to work sick
    2. "That is not my job" 'tude
    3. Catty, Backstabbing, drama-filled heifers
    4. No raise when one is WELL deserved and needed...I mean I am THE best multi-tasker! I get the job done faster and quicker than anyone else all while being on MFP and FB.
    5. Not replacing the TP in the bathroom
    6. Eating MY LABELED snacks in the fridge
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who coughs all day long. So you think she has a cold right? No, she's been doing this for over seven years. Says it's her allergies. Sometimes she coughs so hard, she goes into the break room to vomit. (Yes, she vomits in the break room, where people are supposed to eat).
    She also talks at approximately 300 decibels and narrates her entire day. When she is going to do something, she goes around to four different people and says "I'm going to mail that letter now". Then after she mails it, she goes around to the same four people and says "I mailed the letter."
    Additionally, she's a hoarder and hoards in our office. She took over an empty cubicle to put her hoard in. Her boss has gone through it with her but she refuses to throw anything out.
    When we have a potluck, she doesn't bring anything in and then fills her plate many, many times so that it is overflowing with food.

I literally just LOL right at my desk. And wow, my job aint that bad after reading this!
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Warming fish in the microwave that we have in the office instead of using the one in the break room! I like fish but smelling day old salmon all afternoon is nasty!!
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My boss, my bosses boss, and even his boss. Every single person under me, the building, the entire place in general.
  • rednailvarnish
    rednailvarnish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    People who talk about coworkers behind their backs and then are super friendly when that person walks in the room. So fake
  • DRJ311
    DRJ311 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Smelly poops in the women's bathroom.

I agree, especially when I'm hiding in the next stall over trying to get my peeping tomness on.

THIS!!!! HAHAHA!!
    Also the "it's not my job" syndrome, but then they expect YOU to help them, all the time!!
    Lastly, The I'm the busiest one in the office" coworker. CANNOT STAND THOSE!! We are ALL busy!!
  • cw822
    cw822 Posts: 107
    Options
    work, work is my pet peeve
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    people dropping their catheters on the stairs......GROSSSSSSS
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Control freaks who make everything that isn't 100% perfectly to their liking a pet peeve.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options

^Pretty much this.

And to the women that Hover ( most women) WIPE THE PEE OFF THE SEAT WHEN YOUR DONE!!! Sometimes I would rather use the men's bathroom at work!
  • RobbinRL
    Options

I agree, especially when I'm hiding in the next stall over trying to get my peeping tomness on.

OK so where would you rather have them go poop when there at work, in your cube???????????? It's what the bathroom is for.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Inconsistently filling out the paperwork.

There's an older lady who works me, who is leaving (I will miss she is great but this irritates the **** out of me), we're in lead generation and there's a book in which we keep the leads. It has a very clear colour coding and general lay out of information so you can easily find customers details or fill it in quickly etc., but for the nine months she's been here it's never been right. My manager has said everyone has their own take on it but her's is just another way altogether- using the incorrect colour or putting the information in the wrong way (or not at all some times!). I come in the shift after and just look over it and sigh.

Also I hate a general apathy towards work! The host store in which I work being get annoyed that they're busy, get annoyed if its slow and are still ticked off it's nice and steady. I know work isn't always enjoyable but if you have such a poor attitude towards it it will not get any better O_O
  • Lauramh31
    Lauramh31 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Number 1 by far: clipping nails! Makes me cringe and get the heeby jeebies. Ick!
    2. boogers on the wall of the bathroom stall - um, seriously? wtf? There is toilet paper in there - use it! ick!
    3. pee on the toilet seat - "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be neat and wipe the seat..."
    4. people that say "but this is how we've always done it" - hello, I'm telling you it's a problem doing it that way and thus we're changing it. Just do it!
    5. People that let their food mold and smell up the whole fridge. Take your leftovers home or throw it out!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who coughs all day long. So you think she has a cold right? No, she's been doing this for over seven years. Says it's her allergies. Sometimes she coughs so hard, she goes into the break room to vomit. (Yes, she vomits in the break room, where people are supposed to eat).
    She also talks at approximately 300 decibels and narrates her entire day. When she is going to do something, she goes around to four different people and says "I'm going to mail that letter now". Then after she mails it, she goes around to the same four people and says "I mailed the letter."
    Additionally, she's a hoarder and hoards in our office. She took over an empty cubicle to put her hoard in. Her boss has gone through it with her but she refuses to throw anything out.
    When we have a potluck, she doesn't bring anything in and then fills her plate many, many times so that it is overflowing with food.

I literally just LOL right at my desk. And wow, my job aint that bad after reading this!

WOW :noway: I think i love my job now!
  • Rkthach
    Rkthach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My work's response to smelly poops is to put overwhelmingly smelly air fresheners spray cans in each stall which everyone feels the need to use copious amounts of.
    Also, the "but we've always done it this way" people.
  • lucentabella
    lucentabella Posts: 114 Member
    Options

OK so where would you rather have them go poop when there at work, in your cube???????????? It's what the bathroom is for.

There are etiquette rules...unspoken etiquette rules. You should spray and leave the fan on. Pooh in the bathroom all you want, but darn'it, spray some air neutralizer!
  • nhouse3417
    Options
    People who leave their dirty dishes in the sink and never put them in the dishwasher that is clearly marked "Dirty", so I end up having to do it... I am not your maid.

Leaving an empty box or container in the supply office... Please just throw it away.

Not knowing how to park!!!!!!!!!!
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    People who complain about people who come to work sick. You willing to pay my bills? If yes then I'll be happy to stay home, otherwise I don't get sick pay and it's either protect you from the inconvenience of being exposed to germs or lose so much money that I can't pay my bills. I choose to expose you.

Call me selfish but you're equally selfish for not financing my sick day. :P

In which case, I'm still peeved at a system that doesn't give sick days. We all get sick, and if you are allowed to stay home when you are gross then everybody wins!
  • dianesheart88
    dianesheart88 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Talking on the phone on the toilet... it's just plain wrong. Stop it!