AF / Alcohol Free lifestyle and weight loss

Options
hittatheart
hittatheart Posts: 2 Member
edited March 11 in Motivation and Support
Hi there!
I'm surprised to not find any discussions/groups or tags for on people that struggle with weight loss after giving up alcohol. I was never a big sweets eater prior to living an alcoh free lifestyle, Then it was a way to replace the sugar I was missing. When I gave a up drinking alcohol I assumed I would automatically lose weight. Wrong!
My weight has been back and forth since 2019 when I finally decided to do something about it.
I need to get remotivated.
Weight History....
1/2019 - 240
1/2020 - 180
1/2023 - 214
10/2023 -169
3/11/2024 -177
GOAL- 160

Whatever your reasons are for not drinking alcohol, are exactly that, your own reasons. For me I decided one day I needed to make a change in my life. I found myself going to some dark places when I was alone, that scared me. I didn't know whether it be one day, one week, one month or even one year..... I just knew I was going to do it one day at a time.
Here I am today at
Day ~#2983 Alcohol Free...

"I would rather go through life sober, believing I might be an alcoholic, than go through life drunk, trying to convince myself that I am not."

Replies

• xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    For me reducing alcohol also reduced my calories and I lost 31lbs in 3 months. I believe the reason for this is when I drink, I want to snack and over-eat big time it doesn't take long to go over your calories when drinking.

Taking away alcohol and replacing it with other calories won't result in weight loss but not consuming alcohol is good choice for longevity.

Cheers!