Introduce myself

Options
eduardohidalgocaballero
eduardohidalgocaballero Posts: 1 Member
edited April 7 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,

This is Eduardo and, I just started to use MyFitnessPal app to track my progress toward a better nutrition. Any recommendations are welcome.

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,081 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Eduardo!

Unless you are under orders from a doctor to perform a large change, I suggest you actually start by doing no change at all. Simply record what your day looks like, all your normal eating habits, second helpings, snacks, etc. Be honest: if it touches the lips, it gets recorded. Do this for a week to give yourself a baseline knowledge of what "normal" looks like. (This also helps get started the habit of recording, a vital skill when starting out.)

After you know where you are, then you can make a plan for how to get to where you want to be. Small changes are a LOT easier to maintain long-term, so pick one thing you can work on for the next week. Maybe it's adding a cup of water before bed each night, or swapping a snack of potato chips for a snack of popcorn. Maybe it's adding a 10-minute walk around the block after dinner.

Each week make one more small change, while maintaining the ones which came before. They really do add up over time, and it's so much easier than changing everything at once. (That's also doable, but it requires a LOT of support from family and friends.)