I’m trying to lose weight to look better, I’m very active and eat healthy but my face stays the same

Options
Any tips on how I can fix this

Answers

• SarahLuna5021
    SarahLuna5021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try facial exercises, there are a ton of different videos on YouTube you can check out for this! Good luck on your journey!
  • stegeem
    stegeem Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    You give us no information to go on. Your current stats, age, have you lost weight, how much and in which time, and what the problem is with your face. It's impossible to say more than that fat distribution is determined by genetics, and facial shape as well together with the skull shape and muscle distribution.
  • stegeem
    stegeem Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Your face will probably tone up after some time has past, but the fat may decide to come off other body parts first
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Your genetics determine where fat is lost first and last so there really isn't anything you can do. Facial exercises don't spot reduce fat on the face.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,520 Member
    Options
    Try facial exercises, there are a ton of different videos on YouTube you can check out for this! Good luck on your journey!
    Good for exercising facial muscles but doesn't affect fat on the face, just like exercising your abs won't take fat off your abdominal region.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,127 Member
    Options
    It's a common thing to not be able to see changes in our own self . . . until lots of time passes, and it sinks in. We may see our internalized long-term self-image in the mirror, not register the change. For some, photos are clearer evidence, but not universally.

In the Success Stories section, there's a "before and after face" thread (not the exact name, but it's on the first page). I posted on that shortly after losing from obese to healthy weight, saying I didn't really see much difference. Others replied that there was a visible difference. I thought they were just being kind. After literally a few years at a healthy weight, I looked back at those photos, and I could see the difference - pretty big, I think - too. Couldn't see it at the time at all, though.

Give yourself some grace. No matter how much you've lost, even if only a small amount, there's likely a difference to be seen. We're just not in a position to see it in ourselves, until time passes . . . and maybe not even then.

Trust the process.
  • Leo_King84
    Leo_King84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Drink bone broth for electrolytes and collagen. Helps with hydration and making the skin look badass.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,609 Member
    Options
    Leo_King84 wrote: »
    Drink bone broth for electrolytes and collagen. Helps with hydration and making the skin look badass.

It might help with hydration due to the water content. There is no reasonable evidence that eating collagen help with skin health. The collagen gets broken down into it's amino acids during digestion. So, unless you happen to be deficient in certain amino acids found in collagen (which most people are not) then it's unlikely to have any benefit.