MAY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,408 Member
    Options
    Stay safe @AlphaHowls!!
    @martaindale - the HM sounds awesome! Will keep it on my bucket list for when I can get back to running, even if I do a shorter distance. Have fun exploring - it is a beautiful area!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    So very glad you’re safe @AlphaHowls! That was a rough stormy period for you and a lot of rain.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. My name is Stevie and I’m trying to get back into running. Unfortunately due to the crazy year of the pandemic and then some, I gained weight and I’m trying to get it off by getting back on the pavement. I’m glad I found this group to help with accountability. For my birthday, I bought myself the Garmin Vivoactive 5, because I was having trouble with my Fitbit. So, I wanted to try something new. I’m getting back into running with Jeff Galloway’s walk/run/walk method, which was quite successful for me in times past. This method helped me achieve some personal best as well as conquer some back-2-back races in various states when I was conquering my Half Marathon goal in all 50 states. I accomplished this goal back in April 2019. Thank goodness I got it done right before the pandemic. Since, we only have a week left in May, I’m going to hang out until the June 2024 challenge. Looking forward to getting to know the team.

Welcome @steviebee888! This is a great running (and walking) group! Hope to see you regularly. You can still hop right in for the rest of May. In a few days the June thread link will be posted here and then you can bookmark that tread and continue on with us folks.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    @martaindale what a lovely HM! Congratulations...
    Btw. Have you done New Jersey yet?

No but I have one tentatively planned. There's a race along a boardwalk. Can't remember the name right now. I put the PTO request in so waiting to see if that one will work out.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I have to say I'm really pleased with how this race turned out.
    Fantastic!

I am just catching up, I scoffed abit at your pre-race post "perfect weather and an extra hour in the morning!" -What is she concerned with?

I think you were just expressing normally pre-race jitters. It sounds like a beautiful event, and family there with you too.

Come off being sick, and a niggling foot concern, you rocked it. Very inspiring.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    ... had some salt tabs and lay down. How crazy is that? Just goes to show that sometimes it is NOT easy.
    I am glad you made it through, this sounds scary.