MAY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Stevie, welcome, sure please join the June challenge.
    For my birthday, I bought myself the Garmin Vivoactive 5
    I read a good review of that, it seems it is a powerhouse without the big blocky sportswatch appearance. I hope it works well for you (happy belated birthday too)
    my Half Marathon goal in all 50 states. I accomplished this goal back in April 2019.
    Remarkable! Folks here have such audacious and inspired goals. I'm looking forward to watching your return.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    Hello, just a news flash. I've been hear about big changes MFP is going to implement this month, it may not impact anyone here, but just in case.

I see a couple of days ago they posted the actual announcement of their plans.

https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/26953529858317-Retiring-the-Newsfeed-feature-by-the-end-of-June-2024
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Welcome @steviebee888! I just started my 50 states HM challenge. Currently in ID having just wrapped up #6. Any races that were particular favorites?
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I swear for the FIRST time in almost 20 years I almost had heat exhaustion today.

Yep, sounds like you were right there. I'm glad you made it home ok. Do you ever take the salt tabs during your run? I started mixing them in during anything over 5 miles during our brutal summer last year and it made a huge difference. I take 1 at mile 1.5 then every mile after that. Our weather has been so bad already. I'm bracing for a truly miserable summer.
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    It's getting so bad for other people, I'm not getting as much pleasure in my weather-brags. Good luck ya'll.

(In San Diego it's going to be violently whipping between 57 °F and 67 °F (14 °C and 19 °C) all week. May Gray/June Gloom season here.)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,749 Member
    Options
    May 1 – 5.10 miles
    May 3 – 5.07 miles
    May 5 – 6.02 miles
    May 6 – 5.01 miles
    May 8 – 5.16 miles
    May 9 – 0.29 miles
    May 13 – 3.01 miles
    May 14 – 5.12 miles
    May 16 – 5.51 miles
    May 18 – 5.04 miles
    May 19 – 9.05 miles
    May 21 – 5.39 miles
    May 23 – 6.52 miles
    May 24 – 5.29 miles
    May 26 – 4.01 miles
    May 27 – 3.08 miles
    May 29 – 5.04 miles
    83.72 miles/80 miles goal

Such a nice morning here in Tennessee to get out for a run. Temp was 54F at 5:00 am and it started getting daylight before we finished. With today’s run, I made my monthly goal.

Glad you are feeling better @tarun_yadavA.

@kgirlhart – those are some steamy temperatures you are having. Stay safe out there.

Beautiful pictures @martaindale. That sky!

Glad you are ok @summerskier and good to see you posting. I’ve missed you!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,087 Member
    Options
    I'm home from my trip and am 4+ pages behind. I'll work on catching up a little at a time and will do more "liking" than commenting....probably. I know you are all doing great!

@shanaber That steak was really good. We tried to find a locally unique-ish place to eat every day. That was fun.

@tarun_yadavA I got the "dig" about the dates. I wonder why we are different on that. You did great getting out for a run even after a night of indulgence. Exactly how do you pronounce "Aluminium?" a-lum-i-ni-um? Of course, we don't spell it the same - no second i. Congrats on meeting your monthly goal already. You are going to make 200 miles, which is awesome. "I'm lying in bed being 'pathetic' as my wife put it on the phone to my (retired Doc) mum." Hahahaha Love it.

Love the race pictures @kgirlhart ! The guy behind you looks like he is having a great time.

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,016 Member
    Options
    May Goal: 115 Miles

5/1: 6.03 miles
    5/2: 4.11 miles
    5/3: 6.02 miles
    5/5: 10.05 miles
    5/6: 3.12 miles
    5/8: 6.25 miles
    5/9: 6.02 miles
    5/10: 6.02 miles
    5/11: 8.18 miles
    5/13: 6.02 miles
    5/14: 4.10 miles
    5/15: 3.52 miles
    5/16: 2.12 miles
    5/18: 8.37 miles - Possum's Revenge Trail Race
    5/20: 3.52 miles
    5/21: 5.60 miles
    5/22: 6.02 miles
    5/24: 5.62 miles
    5/26: 10.05 miles
    5/28: 5.26 miles
    5/29: 6.25 miles

122.25/115 miles completed for May

What a difference a day makes! It was not storming when I got up this morning as had been forecast. And it was a lovely 68°F feels like 69°F. It was still 94% humidity, but it wasn't as oppressive as it was yesterday and I really enjoyed the run today. It was dark when I started out, but light when I got home. There were lots of puddles. We had storms last night. I didn't see any damage, but we did have almost 2 inches of rain. At one point I was coming down a street that has lots of potholes at the edge of the road and they were filled with water. There was a pickup coming towards me and he actually stopped and waited for me to pass so I didn't have to run in the potholes, and then continued on his way. Sometimes it is nice to live in a small town.

@teresa502 Your weather sounds lovely. I just love running early in the morning as the sun is rising.

Thanks @quilteryoyo The man behind me in the picture was the overall masters male winner. The young man behind him is his son. I could hear them talking and the son was asking him about when he had met his mom and some dance contests that they had entered. It was so sweet and I was thinking what a great memory for the two of them to have. I'm glad you are back from your trip and hope you had a great time.

exercise.png