Dangerous stupid stuff that you've done

Options

Replies

• dropdeadgreggie_
    dropdeadgreggie_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I once picked up a hooker in my work truck. I was 18 fresh out of high school, the girl flagged me down at an intersection, told me she was stranded and needed a ride over to a different part of town. So I let her in and she grabbed my junk. I freaked. I threw her out of my truck and sped off. I was so naive.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    This summer Hubby decided he wanted me to learn to ride a 4 wheeler. I wasn't really interested - totally fine with riding "b!tch" as I don't have to think or worry - lots more fun that way. But I figured what the hell, might as well try it. I was nervous as hell (shaking and everything) but I slowly got used to it and the day was really fun. We were just about back to the truck when he decided to turn into a sand pit to have some fun. I kept it slow and mostly putted around to keep him in sight then all of a sudden I decided to get brave (translation: stupid) and tried to turn on a hill and then get over another small hill.

Well it turned out that 2nd hill was mostly hard clay instead of sand so I hit hard which made me thumb the throttle hard and I went flying. The ground impact made me lose my breathe and my hip hurt pretty damn bad for the next week but for the most part I was ok. Thankfully I missed the tree stump sticking out on the other side of the mound or I would've been a goner for sure.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Took two benadryl allergy and drank half a bottle of captain morgan straight from the bottle. Friend said it would be fun. My 3 day migraine told me otherwise lol
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    I once picked up a hooker in my work truck. I was 18 fresh out of high school, the girl flagged me down at an intersection, told me she was stranded and needed a ride over to a different part of town. So I let her in and she grabbed my junk. I freaked. I threw her out of my truck and sped off. I was so naive.

lame
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Probably jousting with my neighour. Using bicycles. And broomsticks. Neither one of us chickened out. It's a wonder no one was skewered. dumb

Watching my friend cannonball into the swimming pool that still had the cover on. He punched a hole in the cover when he landed. It never occurred to us how dangerous that really was. Years later I realised if he went under the cover and couldn't find the hole you couldn't just surface, push the cover out of the way and find air. DUMB.

And I explored the top speed of my YZF600R several times. As the motorcycle magazines reported it was precisely 157 mph. You do it as safely as you can (unless you are an idiot) but how can your really do that safely? D U M B ! ! !
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    When visiting France, I met a band made up of 3 people that were performing classic rock/blues. We ended up having a lot in common, so I chilled back at their place and stayed there for the 3 days that I was in their city. Lots of interesting substances were passed around the table in 3 days. In hindsight, not the smartest idea, but a lot of fun!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I moved to Quebec in the middle of the referendum.
    :laugh: because I live in Canada- and this is really funny.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Playing demolition skateboard. We lived at the top of a very big hill, all us neighborhood kids would line up at the top the hill and race to see who would be the first to make it to the bottom...and anything goes when it came to keeping the other racers from reaching the bottom, including, literally, bending down and pulling the skateboard out from underneath them and then throwing it in front of a third racer as all of you are flying down the hill. And this was in the 70's, so we didn't wear protective gear.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Probably jousting with my neighour. Using bicycles. And broomsticks. Neither one of us chickened out. It's a wonder no one was skewered. dumb

I used to be an EMT and went on a call once where 2 guys played "chicken" on ATVs. Neither chickened out. One had a fractured femur. The other leaked his brains all over my hands while I was trying to hold c-spine. Yeah, he didn't make it.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I once took gum from a stranger. At a Jerry Garcia concert. When I'd been drinking. :blushing:
  • MichaelleahciM
    Options
    One night I went to the drive thru atm to deposit some cash. When I pulled up the atm I noticed the person in front of me left their card so grabbed and tried to catch up to them. My car horn was broken so I flashed my lights and tried to sygnal them over. He finally pulls into this dark parking lot and I get out to give him his card and this big black guy jumps out of the car and says "whats the f***'n problem" I explain that I was just trying to return his card and then he wasn't so angry. But for a second there I thought I was gonna get shot that night.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    High altitude trekking without insurance coverage for the most dangerous part of it. I was covered to a certain altitude, discovered the day before that I wasn't covered after 15,000 feet (I hit 17,769 feet that day). Whops. If I had developed high altitude pulmonary edema (HAPE) or high altitude cerebral edema (HACE) during that time, I would have difficulty being evacuated without the insurance - the only credit card I had on me didn't have a high enough limit to cover the cost of a med-evac.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've seriously done soo much stupid *kitten* in my lifetime its pretty embarrassing.... fights, drugs, one nighter in jail....you name it...i've probably done it.
  • Daws387
    Daws387 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    At around 1AM when I was 18 I cut off an 18-wheeler on the highway going 80 mph because it was my exit and I didn't feel like slowing down to going behind the truck. Had a few feet of room in front of me btwn my car and the exit sign, and probably inches of room btwn the rear my car and the front of the truck. And I had a passenger in the car. I ended up having to run the red light at the bottom of the exit ramp because I didn't have time to slow down.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    double post woops
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Told a girl that indeed that dress did make her look fat...

That made me LOL.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Using my head as a crash pad while mountain biking.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Stopped a guy from stealing. He tried to stab me in the heart with a hunting knife. I was wearing a vest with a steel plate for my heart.

He was in the hospital for a few days after I was done with him. He was arrested for a mess of things, I ended up skipping going to his trial. I wanted to finish the job I started with him.

rightttt
  • IZackV13
    IZackV13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Walked through Harlem at 3 am with a pocket knife out, ready to defend myself from being jumped...

Jumped from a 65 foot cliff into a lake with no knowledge of obstructions in the water below...multiple times...

Going into an Arab shisha hangout in Dubai, with two Iranian girls dressed in American styled clothes...

Hitting 164 mph in my Corvette between DC and Annapolis on Hwy 50 eastbound...

I could go on and on...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Stopped a guy from stealing. He tried to stab me in the heart with a hunting knife. I was wearing a vest with a steel plate for my heart.

He was in the hospital for a few days after I was done with him. He was arrested for a mess of things, I ended up skipping going to his trial. I wanted to finish the job I started with him.

tumblr_ll3oeqQXbe1qbvaudo1_500.gif