Dangerous stupid stuff that you've done

Options

Replies

• recriger
    recriger Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Oh there was sooo much stupid; my mom even still reminds me of some of them. Every now and then I will accidentally spill a secret during the weekly "Mom and dad call".

Wanted a BMX bike in grade school, but my folks wouldn't spent the money. I wanted to be able to do the tricks:) Sticking your foot in the front tire to do a wheely is not a briliant idea. Especially with a little speed behind you.

Did a lot of mountain biking in Japan (Iwakuni). Tried to jump off a 5 foot cliff in a sand quary after 3 days of rain...Lets just say that the pedal imprint in the side of my head (thru the helmet) has faded nicely over the years.

Got up to 47 Kph (according to the generic spedometer) on the same mountain bike on the back of castle mountain in Iwakuni when the trail shifted due to a tree falling. I didn't realize that, yes, you actually can fold a tire in half with the rubber touching:) and it does look like a taco at that point.

If you have ever been on 10 highway headed west our of Ramona CA. There is a stretch that is perfectly straight, about 3 miles long and down hill. I had a new VTR1000 (sport bike). There was a peg on the speedometer at 190. Yeah, I always wondered what they meant by "pegged out". I also always wondered what was meant by "tunnel vision". I damn near couldn't see anything, and it felt as if I lifted my head at all I would be ripped off the bike.

I told my 4 year old "No" this last weekend.

Went to work at a Ductile Iron foundry one morning still drunk (party and all), problem was that I worked on the melt deck with 70 ton open hearth (in the floor with no lip, like a swimming pool) furnace with broken doors. Could easily have just walked in... It's only about 3100 degrees in there:)

Oops... Gotta go! Acupuncture with electricity to try and help some tendinitis developed from working out hard after ten years of sitting on my *kitten*. Wait! Does that 10 years count for this list???
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Sadly, most of my dangerous crap happened in my old drinking days.....

I once got drunk and fell asleep outside under my neighbor's truck. Oh, it was winter. In Idaho. And I was in a tank top. All of my drunk friends were out looking for me. My firefighter friend finally found me. Very, very dumb.

Also tried to drive a friend home drunk, but ended up running out of gas in the snow in the middle of the night. Sat in the car freezing our *kitten* off until another friend picked us up.

Got drunk and went outside in the middle of the night to ride my new horse. Hadn't even been on her before then.....just wanted to see what would happen. Fortunately she was a kind soul and didn't throw me, but I ended up eating dirt (and later snow and ice) anyway just because my drunk balance was for ****. (That happened multiple times on multiple nights.) To this day I am so thankful I didn't injure my horse being a stupid idiot, with all of the cattle guards, ice, snow, rivers, etc around our place.

There are a few more but those ones really stuck. Since I met the love of my life I don't drink like I use to, which is good, because I can be a legit idiot.....and now that *I* am 911, it's so much more humiliating to have to call my chief and say, "I won't be driving the ambulance tonight. The call is for me." Not to mention all of my EMS/Fire brothers would slap me upside the head. I've seen enough stupid drunks recently that we've had to treat.....I'd be too embarrassed.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    200+ mph on a Hayabusa

How? and pics on modifications if it was that way.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Nothing, Ive never really done anything dangerous.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've seriously done soo much stupid *kitten* in my lifetime its pretty embarrassing.... fights, drugs, one nighter in jail....you name it...i've probably done it.

Wow, I have done one nighters and all nighters, but for some reason would not want the whole jail watching :-)

Just saying....

Judging much?
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    I've seriously done soo much stupid *kitten* in my lifetime its pretty embarrassing.... fights, drugs, one nighter in jail....you name it...i've probably done it.

Wow, I have done one nighters and all nighters, but for some reason would not want the whole jail watching :-)

Just saying....

Judging much?

i know, who cares if the whole lot are watching...jeesh
  • michellenichole83
    michellenichole83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So many sketchy stupid Internet dates. It's a wonder I didn't end up raped and/or murdered. I have some great $hitty first/only date stories though. My friends think they're hilarious!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Sky- dived
    Rappelled from a Helicopter
    Cliff dived from 90 feet
    Married 4 times
    Bungee Jumped
    Charged a guy with a gun that was trying to kidnap his ex.
    Did every drug known to man in the 70's and 80's
    Bodyguard
    Robbed a 7-11 on Mother's Day 1974
    Some other stuff that the Statute of Limitations may not have expired on.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    tore the tag off a mattress once.

i sure hope there's not an outstanding warrant for me. :embarassed:

ETA: also, apparently my occasional consumption of Diet Pepsi counts on this thread too.

What is your full name? I am turning you in.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Flew across the country to meet, fall in love and live happily ever after with a guy I found on an online fitness site . . .

Haha I am actually doing the exact same thing pretty soon.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Eating between 600-1200 calories a day for a few weeks and losing a third of my body weight was probably not the best idea
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Flew across the country to meet, fall in love and live happily ever after with a guy I found on an online fitness site . . .

you too? cept I drove...
    we're working on the details of happily ever after, but the in love stage is pretty freakin awesome!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

I brought a complete stranger home from Georgetown when I was 18, then stayed up all night watching him sleep so he wouldn't kill me in my sleep. He turned out to be a nice guy, so it was all good.
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Try and lose weight on 1200 calories or less
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Eating between 600-1200 calories a day for a few weeks and losing a third of my body weight was probably not the best idea

Oops beat me to it
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Stealing my parents car with my sister at 15 and driving 2 hours away to see my druggy boyfriend in an Iowa snowstorm. On the way back, we got backdrafted by a semi, the car spun and pinned me in one against the bridge, which started sinking. Was very close to death that night.

The semi didn't even stop. We had no cell service and had to wait for a passing cop to stop and help while cars were just driving over the bridge, no problem. Was pinned for probably an hour.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    Stealing my parents car with my sister at 15 and driving 2 hours away to see my druggy boyfriend in an Iowa snowstorm. On the way back, we got backdrafted by a semi, the car spun and pinned me in one against the bridge, which started sinking. Was very close to death that night.

The semi didn't even stop. We had no cell service and had to wait for a passing cop to stop and help while cars were just driving over the bridge, no problem. Was pinned for probably an hour.

I stole my parents' car when I was 15 and drove 45 minutes into the city to bring my friend a birthday cake I had made for her. I had my learner's permit, and my friend was 16 with no license. Somehow we figured that the two factors combined equaled a license or should have in our opinion. We were also skipping school by the way. Then for some reason we invited a bunch of boys over for a party in the middle of the day when we got back. My dad found out about all of this later, and he was not amused (understatement of the millennium...he was PISSED! ). My parents say they hope I have teenagers who act just like I did someday. WTH was I thinking?
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i go into abandoned buildings to take photographs - - i rarely take anyone with me....and i most definitely am not in good enough shape to run from the cops (for more than a few steps anyway)....and my big body makes it very hard for me to hide.......lol
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    they usually all started with booze and the term, "you know what would be cool?"

um, high speed racing and running from cops, hitting my friend with a car, technically, he did run into me, sword fought with a friend using a steel rake and a swifer wet jet (same one I hit with a car) I broke my thumb, he split his lip. jumping over camp fires,

one that surprisingly did not involve booze, a friend and I went up to a really tall and curvy hill with skate boards, the big black trash bags you put leaves in on the worst wind storm of the year. it was awesome, but we did break a few things
  • danger2oneself2
    danger2oneself2 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    We couldn't find any sleds, so we down a huge hill while inside of a 6' tractor tire. Had 3 guys in at one point....that's when we fuked ourselves up hitting a bunch trees
    tiU6BX7.jpg[/URL]
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    We couldn't find any sleds, so we down a huge hill while inside of a 6' tractor tire. Had 3 guys in at one point....that's when we fuked ourselves up hitting a bunch trees
    tiU6BX7.jpg[/URL]

I still want to do that