Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Replies

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,264 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    My daughter and I are both allowing our premium memberships to non-renew as well. Several people have told me they are going to the “Lose It“ app, which has a feed that was similar to MyFitnessPal previous feed. When I asked the helpdesk, the gentleman said that not many people use that feed. I don’t think that’s accurate

Yeah, soooooooo few people used that feed that we're still seeing multiple posts a day mentioning it, even two months out since the change. Clearly it was a decision rooted in customer service <eye roll>.

This. 🫡☝️ So few that we have hundreds of posts about it, numerous ongoing threads, massive reviews on App Store, an MFP exodus group on Lose it and the most amount of upvotes I’ve ever seen on a thread. And counting.

And a massive new MFP Exodus group has been ongoing in MyNetDiary as well!! LOVE that app!! And the bar code scanner is FREE!!

@daria0909 - I was surprised to see the barcode scanner free on Lose it too.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member
    who else got a questionnaire about the community section and its benefits (or lack thereof)? The questionnaire gave me the feeling that the community section might be on the chopping block….

If they get rid of community section, I'm gone. There will be no reason to stay. I'm just now finding some of my previous newsfeed friends in the community threads!
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,326 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »
    COGypsy wrote: »
    My daughter and I are both allowing our premium memberships to non-renew as well. Several people have told me they are going to the “Lose It“ app, which has a feed that was similar to MyFitnessPal previous feed. When I asked the helpdesk, the gentleman said that not many people use that feed. I don’t think that’s accurate

Yeah, soooooooo few people used that feed that we're still seeing multiple posts a day mentioning it, even two months out since the change. Clearly it was a decision rooted in customer service <eye roll>.

This. 🫡☝️ So few that we have hundreds of posts about it, numerous ongoing threads, massive reviews on App Store, an MFP exodus group on Lose it and the most amount of upvotes I’ve ever seen on a thread. And counting.

And a massive new MFP Exodus group has been ongoing in MyNetDiary as well!! LOVE that app!! And the bar code scanner is FREE!!

@daria0909 - I was surprised to see the barcode scanner free on Lose it too.

While certainly not exhaustive, of the three or four calorie counting sites I've checked out, only MFP charges for the barcode scanner.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,485 Member
    who else got a questionnaire about the community section and its benefits (or lack thereof)? The questionnaire gave me the feeling that the community section might be on the chopping block….

oh *kitten*, really?
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,965 Member
    If the community section goes I will probably go the only thing keeping me here now is a few challenges I belong to or….. are those on the chopping block as well???

The whole purpose of MFP is support but it’s starting to lack at least I have kept my Lose It going and the bar scanner is free imagine that
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    We need the newsfeed back !!
  • OGingerBeardMan
    OGingerBeardMan Posts: 157 Member
    I recently wandered back to MFP as I still use it to check in on certain friends to see how thye're doing. I thought I was in a different app because of all the ads and the lack of the feed. MFP has removed a large part of the Pal from their name and I don't know that I'll be back again to jump through the hoops I need to to be able to see what few friends are still active on this site might be.
  • stvkcan
    stvkcan Posts: 2 Member
    Betty wrote: »
    Hi y’all, 

Wanted to first acknowledge that saying good bye to any feature is hard, and I too am sad to see the Newsfeed ride off into the sunset. I do feel strongly that social interaction is important for a lot of folks on what can often be a lonely and difficult journey and having friends cheering you on can make a difference. 

I’ll be transparent that the Newsfeed was one of our oldest features that had many flaws and was no longer sustainable to support. While it was not used by many we understand that it’s a real loss for those who used it.
    While it is not perfect, due to some limitations like no friend or follow features in the Community, our team enabled the Community Activity Feed on profiles within the community as it was an existing feature available from our forum providers. Some of you may even remember seeing it briefly back in 2021 when we updated the Community.
    The community profiles only have two options Public or Private, and the Private option makes the Activity Feed unviewable by others. The next best alternative to utilizing the Activity Feed would be to create a Private Group to invite your friends to and interact with them there.
    I know these options don’t “replace” the Newsfeed by any means, but we hope they help give some members some options to interact with others outside of topic driven discussions.

Is the Community Activity Feed visible in the mobile app?

Can we get notifications when friends update their activity feeds?
  • stvkcan
    stvkcan Posts: 2 Member
    Is there even anywhere in the "Community" section where you can see the Friends list or filter activity by Friends?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,684 Member
    You can look at the activity feeds on the app by going through the Community, but no notifications when friends post on their feeds and you need to manually look them up one by one. (The friend list also isn't available directly in the Community)
  • BCLadybug888
    BCLadybug888 Posts: 1,589 Member
    Lietchi wrote: »
    You can look at the activity feeds on the app by going through the Community, but no notifications when friends post on their feeds and you need to manually look them up one by one. (The friend list also isn't available directly in the Community)

Sooo - useless then?? Who is even checking. What a rigmarole.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,866 Member
    Come over to lose it. I remember you from mfp.
    @RunnerGirlTX614
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,863 Member
    Just wondering how is lose it?
  • jeffhendershot
    jeffhendershot Posts: 7 Member
    “Not used by many”… I’ve heard that line before but virtually EVERY one of my friends used it. “Not sustainable”… what does that even mean? With all the customers departing and reviews falling behind your competitors, you might want to do a deeper dive that this is the customer experience you really want to deliver!