Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How About We Don't Delete Newsfeeds

Replies

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 853 Member
    This is awful.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,485 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Betty wrote: »
    Hi y’all, 

Wanted to first acknowledge that saying good bye to any feature is hard, and I too am sad to see the Newsfeed ride off into the sunset. I do feel strongly that social interaction is important for a lot of folks on what can often be a lonely and difficult journey and having friends cheering you on can make a difference. 

I’ll be transparent that the Newsfeed was one of our oldest features that had many flaws and was no longer sustainable to support. While it was not used by many we understand that it’s a real loss for those who used it.
    While it is not perfect, due to some limitations like no friend or follow features in the Community, our team enabled the Community Activity Feed on profiles within the community as it was an existing feature available from our forum providers. Some of you may even remember seeing it briefly back in 2021 when we updated the Community.
    The community profiles only have two options Public or Private, and the Private option makes the Activity Feed unviewable by others. The next best alternative to utilizing the Activity Feed would be to create a Private Group to invite your friends to and interact with them there.
    I know these options don’t “replace” the Newsfeed by any means, but we hope they help give some members some options to interact with others outside of topic driven discussions.

This is a load of BS.

The Newsfeed was the 2nd most important part of this app behind the food diary.

Underarmor has screwed this App over the years since buying it out.

How about selling it to another company that actually cares and doesn't continue to jam more and more features behind a ridiculous $80/year pay wall

We're not idiots, stop treating us like we are

Underarmour sold MFP to Francisco Partners in 2020, at a loss. Getting rid of the newsfeed has happened on Francisco Partners' watch.

I agree that this was a terrible decision for the user base. Negative feedback is appropriate, but I don't think it's great to criticize worker-bee MFP staff for decisions they didn't make, decisions which probably made their work life worse, too.

Are we entirely sure Francisco Partners isn't a Google subsidiary ;-). It feels like the way they just ditched the Newsfeed is pretty similar to the way Google has been destroying Fitbit, without regard for user wishes. Fitbit is a monochrome weird place now ...
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 993 Member
    Yes - a bunch of us have become part of a group in MyNetDiary @TravelingGuru - so do join us and bring your family!!

MyNetDiary is GREAT!! And the food scanner is a part of the free membership. And NO obnoxious ads!!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,467 Member
    mkksemail wrote: »
    Hi y’all, 

Wanted to first acknowledge that saying good bye to any feature is hard, and I too am sad to see the Newsfeed ride off into the sunset. I do feel strongly that social interaction is important for a lot of folks on what can often be a lonely and difficult journey and having friends cheering you on can make a difference. 

I’ll be transparent that the Newsfeed was one of our oldest features that had many flaws and was no longer sustainable to support. While it was not used by many we understand that it’s a real loss for those who used it.
    While it is not perfect, due to some limitations like no friend or follow features in the Community, our team enabled the Community Activity Feed on profiles within the community as it was an existing feature available from our forum providers. Some of you may even remember seeing it briefly back in 2021 when we updated the Community.
    The community profiles only have two options Public or Private, and the Private option makes the Activity Feed unviewable by others. The next best alternative to utilizing the Activity Feed would be to create a Private Group to invite your friends to and interact with them there.
    I know these options don’t “replace” the Newsfeed by any means, but we hope they help give some members some options to interact with others outside of topic driven discussions.

This is a load of BS.

How about selling it to another company that actually cares and doesn't continue to jam more and more features behind a ridiculous $80/year pay wall

Underarmour sold MFP to Francisco Partners in 2020, at a loss. Getting rid of the newsfeed has happened on Francisco Partners' watch.

I agree that this was a terrible decision for the user base. Negative feedback is appropriate, but I don't think it's great to criticize worker-bee MFP staff for decisions they didn't make, decisions which probably made their work life worse, too.

Are we entirely sure Francisco Partners isn't a Google subsidiary ;-). It feels like the way they just ditched the Newsfeed is pretty similar to the way Google has been destroying Fitbit, without regard for user wishes. Fitbit is a monochrome weird place now ...

That was awful when they got rid of the challenges on Fitbit. I dumped my Fitbit when it died finally, and switched to a different tracker. Think it over tracked anyways.
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,485 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »
    mkksemail wrote: »
    Hi y’all, 

This is a load of BS.

That was awful when they got rid of the challenges on Fitbit. I dumped my Fitbit when it died finally, and switched to a different tracker. Think it over tracked anyways.

Couldn't agree more!
    My Sense is still going, and I also have a backup Charge that I got the summer before the dumped the challenges. Not getting a Fitbit next go, tho.
  • jeffhendershot
    jeffhendershot Posts: 7 Member
    This is the first time I found the new “newsfeed”! I’ve been a premium member for over 10 years who will be moving to lose it unless they change it back!
  • jeffhendershot
    jeffhendershot Posts: 7 Member
    My daughter and I are both allowing our premium memberships to non-renew as well. Several people have told me they are going to the “Lose It“ app, which has a feed that was similar to MyFitnessPal previous feed. When I asked the helpdesk, the gentleman said that not many people use that feed. I don’t think that’s accurate
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,866 Member
    🤣🤣🤣🤣 come over to Lose it. There’s plenty of support and a newsfeed that everyone loves. @jeffhendershot
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,326 Member
    My daughter and I are both allowing our premium memberships to non-renew as well. Several people have told me they are going to the “Lose It“ app, which has a feed that was similar to MyFitnessPal previous feed. When I asked the helpdesk, the gentleman said that not many people use that feed. I don’t think that’s accurate

Yeah, soooooooo few people used that feed that we're still seeing multiple posts a day mentioning it, even two months out since the change. Clearly it was a decision rooted in customer service <eye roll>.
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,264 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »

Yeah, soooooooo few people used that feed that we're still seeing multiple posts a day mentioning it, even two months out since the change. Clearly it was a decision rooted in customer service <eye roll>.

This. 🫡☝️ So few that we have hundreds of posts about it, numerous ongoing threads, massive reviews on App Store, an MFP exodus group on Lose it and the most amount of upvotes I’ve ever seen on a thread. And counting.

• henridw2095
    henridw2095 Posts: 1,163 Member
    who else got a questionnaire about the community section and its benefits (or lack thereof)? The questionnaire gave me the feeling that the community section might be on the chopping block….
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,264 Member
    who else got a questionnaire about the community section and its benefits (or lack thereof)? The questionnaire gave me the feeling that the community section might be on the chopping block….

Wow .. didn’t get that questionnaire.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,684 Member

I did, a few weeks ago I think.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 955 Member
    No questionnaire. But neither did they ask for opinions from everyone before axing the newsfeed.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 993 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »

This. 🫡☝️ So few that we have hundreds of posts about it, numerous ongoing threads, massive reviews on App Store, an MFP exodus group on Lose it and the most amount of upvotes I’ve ever seen on a thread. And counting.

And a massive new MFP Exodus group has been ongoing in MyNetDiary as well!! LOVE that app!! And the bar code scanner is FREE!!