Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited June 11
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    I will be leaving soon. Looking for a program that can be run on a PC. Any suggestions?
    Without the newsfeed, all there are is ads that I have no interest in. Thanks MFP, enjoy your oblivion

I like that idea myself for counting calories. I might just create a spreadsheet for this. I started that project a while ago, in fact, but need to revisit it. It would be great to find a software program for the PC that is compatible with different OS. But, in lieu of that, a spreadsheet would work. I knew someone who once did it the old-fashioned way with a pen and paper and lost weight.

Try Loseit...it's very much like MFP...try it on your computer first until you get accustomed to it

Does LoseIt have a newsfeed?

Yes it does

I am not seeing it on the app.
    Do I need to use the website?

I found groups there.. do I need to have some friends before I can see them on a newsfeed?
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    I will be leaving soon. Looking for a program that can be run on a PC. Any suggestions?
    Without the newsfeed, all there are is ads that I have no interest in. Thanks MFP, enjoy your oblivion

I like that idea myself for counting calories. I might just create a spreadsheet for this. I started that project a while ago, in fact, but need to revisit it. It would be great to find a software program for the PC that is compatible with different OS. But, in lieu of that, a spreadsheet would work. I knew someone who once did it the old-fashioned way with a pen and paper and lost weight.

Try Loseit...it's very much like MFP...try it on your computer first until you get accustomed to it

Does LoseIt have a newsfeed?

Yes it does

I am not seeing it on the app.
    Do I need to use the website?

I found groups there.. do I need to have some friends before I can see them on a newsfeed?

@MargaretYakoda - yep, once you add some friends, you or they can write on each other’ newsfeeds on Lose it.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options
    The friend list is still there via the website: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/friends
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    First Fitbit takes away challenges (I don't use Fitbit anymore) and now this. We can complain all we want - they won't change it. Fitbit didn't roll back and there were thousands of complaints when I last checked. This won't either. Especially if it is the free users who are complaining.

@Kimberly_Harper I too stopped using Fitbit because they took away the challenges!! Even the challenges that were just for myself that were long hikes were fun!
    I turned off the app update on my iPhone hoping the newsfeed lasts a bit longer. Some of my friends turned off their update as well. Will see how long the Newsfeed “stand off” lasts.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    edited June 11
    Options
    And just like that it is gone.
  • KyleAnn1
    KyleAnn1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I depend on the newsfeed for accountability!! Without it, I will go elsewhere to log my food, water, and exercise
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Here to agree and support! I’m done with MFP now without my newsfeed and connection to friends. I’ll keep hoping and checking to see if it comes back. If you’re listening, MFP, you lost me.
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been an MFP member since 2011!!! I have used it to lose over 60 pounds and have been an active user on and off again throughout the years. I was VERY upset when you guys took away the barcode scanner and gave it to premium users only. I have stuck around and continued my health journey due to my friends and connections I have made on the community forms. I don't share my fitness journey on other social media platforms!! Why would you take away one of the helpful tools from this app?
  • cupcakegirl81
    cupcakegirl81 Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I've been here over a decade. One of my fave parts is talking to my friends about new lifting programs, or changes to diet or health issues. I like asking for advice and I like sharing accomplishments. On the Newsfeed! To not see it, feels like my friends have been taken away. I loved cheering them on, their achievements, their workouts. Very frustrating!
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    @resiaks come over to lose it. Has the social features mfp is abandoning. Good food database. Take some getting used to but at least 50 plus of my friends migrated over and many made instagram accounts too for fitness
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    @cupcakegirl81 check out Lose it. Web version is easy to get around plus there’s a newsfeed. App is good too, but a little harder to find things
    Web for connecting, App for logging food and exercise
  • mjglantz
    mjglantz Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hope the powers that be are reading all this and bring back the newsfeed.
  • BronzeScorpio1111
    BronzeScorpio1111 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Please bring back the News Feed
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Has anyone looked over MyNetDiary app? It seems to let you find friends and has a newsfeed!! Can sync other apps to it for steps too! It has great reviews, even the most recent ones.