Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

SAVE THE MFP NEWSFEED

Options

Replies

• Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra_BSB
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    Came in to search why my feed looked so strange now I see losing the profile went ahead ... considering it's 13th June has anyone found an alternative they like? Been with MFP since 2009 but this is a joke and a huge disappointment 👀

A bunch of mfp'ers have gone to Loseit
    MyNetDiary is much better than LoseIt
    @ChellieIrish and @Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra - someone’s already started a MfP defector group - check post above.

Yes...it's MFP EXODUS GROUP in Loseit

• Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Ellevated wrote: »
    When did they take away the barcode scanner from non-Premium users? I still have it.

Over a year ago, but from what I've gathered from other posts, it seems they only moved it to premium for US users.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Came in to search why my feed looked so strange now I see losing the profile went ahead ... considering it's 13th June has anyone found an alternative they like? Been with MFP since 2009 but this is a joke and a huge disappointment 👀

@ChellieIrish and @Spaff_luceat_lux_vestra - someone’s already started a MfP defector group - check post above.

I've been playing with mynetdiary today. Loseit is not even close. While it seems the direct newsfeed of friends that we're losing here isn't well implemented, mynetdiarys spin on social interaction definitely works for me. Theres implementation of pictures, gifs and upvotes which are all missing on loseit. It's also a younger app, so we might even be able to get them to implement new features like the one we're missing. Add to this that it is smooth, not buggy like here, with an intuitive interface , and its arguably a superior platform. The only thing I personally dislike is the recipe creator not having a bulk add option, but that's relatively minor all things considered. I was iffy on loseit, but I will likely fully migrate here.

Heres the link to the group:

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/friendinvitations/143575?token=a463fe7c-eaa5-472d-8524-1305f2944bc5

And if you'd like to add me as a friend:

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/friendinvitations/143576?token=ee337568-4d39-4224-8374-e43614d48d56

Options
    sunrise611 wrote: »
    They keep moving these threads to "Feature Suggestions and Ideas" but we are not suggesting something new. The News Feed is/was all about Motivation and Support so that's the best category for these threads.

The forum groups trying to replace the News Feed completely misses the point of the filtered News Feed.

They move it so the users upset that the newsfeed is gone have trouble finding it!!
    Options

I've been playing with mynetdiary today. Loseit is not even close. While it seems the direct newsfeed of friends that we're losing here isn't well implemented, mynetdiarys spin on social interaction definitely works for me. Theres implementation of pictures, gifs and upvotes which are all missing on loseit. It's also a younger app, so we might even be able to get them to implement new features like the one we're missing. Add to this that it is smooth, not buggy like here, with an intuitive interface , and its arguably a superior platform. The only thing I personally dislike is the recipe creator not having a bulk add option, but that's relatively minor all things considered. I was iffy on loseit, but I will likely fully migrate here.

Heres the link to the group:

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/friendinvitations/143575?token=a463fe7c-eaa5-472d-8524-1305f2944bc5

And if you'd like to add me as a friend:

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/friendinvitations/143576?token=ee337568-4d39-4224-8374-e43614d48d56

THank you for the info and the invite...but I'm happy with Loseit. I have a great group of friends over there and we've settled in with Loseit. It is very sad that MFP took away the newsfeed but look at the resilience of all of us finding our way to stick together with our "PALS"
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    They keep moving these threads to "Feature Suggestions and Ideas" but we are not suggesting something new. The News Feed is/was all about Motivation and Support so that's the best category for these threads.

The forum groups trying to replace the News Feed completely misses the point of the filtered News Feed.

They move it so the users upset that the newsfeed is gone have trouble finding it!!

There are currently 21 threads going about the newsfeeds! I may be missing some. 😮
  • Ellevated
    Ellevated Posts: 192 Member
    Options

I started using MyNetDiary yesterday and am already enjoying the community aspect. It's probably going to take me a while to adjust to the logging though, as I've used MFP for so many years!

There's an MFP migrant group, too. @Spadesheart invited me, over there. Now I see them here. Hellooo! 😆
  • Ellevated
    Options
    When did they take away the barcode scanner from non-Premium users? I still have it.

Over a year ago, but from what I've gathered from other posts, it seems they only moved it to premium for US users.

That's odd! I wonder why they did that. I'm in the UK, so that tracks.
  • Ellevated
    Options

Yep! Which seems underhand and doesn't do them any favours. I am a graduate of a health coach school who teaches about MFP in one of their modules. I'm going to be contacting the founders of said school about looking at alternatives to teach.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

It also keeps new posters from seeing the general unhappiness and upset (and links to competing platforms).
    Options

Yep! Which seems underhand and doesn't do them any favours. I am a graduate of a health coach school who teaches about MFP in one of their modules. I'm going to be contacting the founders of said school about looking at alternatives to teach.

It's not the only underhanded thing they have done. Alot of mfp users were giving google/apple reviews as 1 star the past month. Then all of a sudden "Developer Response" was commenting on all the 4 & 5 star reviews to bring them current and hide the bad reviews.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,346 Member
    Options

That's obvious. Being exceptional we are more obese with more disposable income than any other market. Dupe-able too. We're number one!

And no letter "u" in color.

(obviously...sarcastic humour) <--see what I did there.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,348 Member
    Options

That's obvious. Being exceptional we are more obese with more disposable income than any other market. Dupe-able too. We're number one!

And no letter "u" in color.

(obviously...sarcastic humour) <--see what I did there.

Or perhaps not as marketable in Europe because the database for the US is much more complete? I've had so many missing and wrong entries using the barcode scanner, certainly not worth paying for in my country.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Once the news feed is gone, this site going to fail harder than Peloton after the lockdowns

I'm going to miss your posts in my feed! *cries* What a total bummer.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Debbiekrys wrote: »
    So mean to take this away
    Strange logging my food
    And my mfp friends can’t see it
    and I can’t see their food it feels
    Strange and I don’t even feel
    Like logging it in any more
    Wahhhhhhh

I was bummed when I realized this wasn't haiku.

I used to play in the forums a lot before they took away the ability to see the last 3 posts your friends made. What's the point of adding "pals" now without a news feed? I thought about going to eatthismuch but I've spent so much time adding the things I eat to this database, the idea of having to do it all over again is just...ugh.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Here's an off the wall question. Is it wrong to still send out friend requests?
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Why on earth 🌍 did you get rid of the news feed?!?!? That’s the only reason I actually have logged in here. You’re likely losing a whole lot of people and hence the revenue from any ads you post. It’s really not a smart move. Good luck with the whole thing then I guess lol.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »
    Here's an off the wall question. Is it wrong to still send out friend requests?

You can still see your friends ... but hopefully this will reduce the number of friend requests.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Save the Newsfeed!! It’s what’s kept me on MFP for 10 years. No reason to stay without it.

This exactly. I've already messaged my MFP friends that I am out - no reason to stick around without the news feed. It was the reason I logged in for many years. Sad day