Pregnant and tracking- for health reasons.

I’m pregnant but I’m 40 lbs overweight. I am so overweight I have been informed I should actually not gain weight, but at most 10 lbs. There is no medical need for me to gain weight. I am trying to at least maintain. I started at 187, and was 194 by 10 weeks. My Dr. was concerned. I have been tracking now (my Dr. is aware) and went down to 192. Anyways, I’m not actively trying to lose, but I am tracking and including healthier foods. Would love tracking friends who have their food diaries public to view.

Replies

• girlinbubble
    girlinbubble Posts: 36 Member
    Feel free to friend me!
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 121 Member
    I tracked while I was pregnant and I found it really helpful. I focused on things like protein and calcium to make sure I was getting enough (I was pregnant with multiples) and it helped me stay in a healthy weight range and feel good while I was pregnant. I think as long as your doctor is monitoring, tracking can be a useful tool for a healthy pregnancy ❤️ I also found that regular walks helped with swelling and fatigue (and regular naps, when possible!)

Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • herblovinmom
    herblovinmom Posts: 397 Member
    Hi MFPal, I started losing weight back in 2016 and got pregnant around 180. No one mentioned for me to not gain much but I also was pregnant with twins so maybe that’s why, I did get up to 213 when they were born. With my other I was about the same weight maybe even a little smaller like 165 and I was informed not to gain too much and I ate really healthy and only went up 18 pounds. It was an easier pregnancy and labor for sure and keeping my weight down probably helped with my post partum care as well. Pregnancy is sooo taxing on our bodies, try to build up those nutrients in yourself. Stay up on the protein and the fiber and the water, keep your body moving with low impact gentle exercise you enjoy and get adequate rest..
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!! 🤗