JUNE 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,798 Member
    daria0919 wrote: »

Your sunrise photo is beautiful! We get up at 5:30 here in Virginia, and we also noticed how bright and beautiful the mornings and sunrises are. We have a number of bunnies on our property this year- way more than usual.

This is my bunny Clover. She’s indoors and about 10 weeks old.
    v9gnx3nz313k.jpeg
    She is a cutie pie!
  • VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 14
    daria0919 wrote: »
    This is my bunny Clover. She’s indoors and about 10 weeks old.
    v9gnx3nz313k.jpeg

Screaming in joy! I absolutely love rabbits and everything about them. I used to frequently volunteer at a rabbit shelter called Red Door Animal Shelter coming out of undergrad. Currently registered to run under them for the marathon I'm training for!

As embarrassing as it may be, we are always welcoming donations and the marathon is a great way to donate any amount you may feel comfortable with to Red Door or any other charity they may support that you would like to donate to!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,269 Member
    Great consistency @chris_in_cal . I was surprised at the temps at the California beaches when I was out there. Also, we went to San Francisco in August and had to stop in a shop to buy a hoodie so we didn't freeze. I was shocked. LOL

@VO2Maxlet Yes, I think you need a new pair of shoes. Don't those hurt your legs when you run? I know it's time to switch to a better pair with I start getting shin splints and/or knee pain. Those look about like the old ones I use to mow the lawn in though. Nice running. It's amazing how little competition can make you run so much faster. :wink: Glad the interview went well.

You did great in those conditions @kgirlhart !

It does sound like a recovery run was due @Laurz9191 . Tuesday is an odd day for a race. Good luck and have fun with it.

Nice running @tarun_yadavA . I can count by 6's, but not 0.62's. :lol:

Beautiful sunrise and cute rabbit @Teresa502 . I'm going to do my best to get up and run early in the morning, when it is cooler. I would love Garmin too, if it told me that! It's says mine is 57, which I guess isn't horrible for being almost 65.

We're almost twins @daria0919 . When is your birthday, if you don't mind me asking? Mine is Aug 4. Clover is adorable!

@AlphaHowls Love the flower. It is amazing where some plants can grow! Great running and determination on your part too.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,219 Member
    Y'all got me wondering about my fitness age. 38.5. I'm almost 44, so not terribly far off but at least it's on the younger side.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,963 Member
    edited June 14
    On that topic, how precious are you about your running getup?

On to topic two, who washes their running hats?

Match? Is this a foreign language?
    Winter leggings - black
    Summer compression shorts - black
    Winter top - I have a blue one and green one
    Summer top - wicking shirt under 50*F
    Over 60*F sport bra - currently green/faded
    Rotate two pairs of shoes at a time, two pairs of socks
    Gear is hang to dry after every run/walk/cycle
    I wear the same outfit 7 days
    I wash on Sunday

Hat? I do not wear hats

I do not sweat until end of June to September. I have always had that issue. I wear deodorant every day, but I don't really get rank until I work in the yard all day. I noticed that once I lost 100 lbs and cleaned up my diet, that I do not have much odor.
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,206 Member
    03/06 3.69 miles
    06/06 4.33 miles
    07/06 4.07 miles
    09/06 4.08 miles
    12/06 4.26 miles
    14/06 4.07 miles

Total 24.50/50 miles

No run yesterday as rain was forecast and it did rained all day so did 2 sessions on bike instead. Today was bright and breezy but still very cold.

@quilteryoyo - Glad u didn’t get hurt but I did laugh at your connection to ‘Grandma got run over by a reindeer’. My punishment for laughing is the song now stuck in my head on repeat 😅

@Teresa502 - impressive Garmin age! Shows the benefits of hiking. I checked my Garmin age and it says 43 but I’m 48 so not great🙈😅 and I honestly cannot do anymore exercise than I’m doing at moment.

@ContraryMaryMary - On the matching clothes, I always wear black on legs & something slightly neon on top because even though I live very rural these is a lot of traffic as it’s on a tourist route. Never wear hats but prefer a hood for protection against wind & rain

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,219 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Garmin is WONDERFUL! I love GARMIN!

It says my age +1 ...Garmin is HORRIBLE!

:)

We're getting a really wide range of fitness ages in this group!!
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 889 Member

I was reminded of the Christmas Classic "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer" while I was wunning today, because it was almost me! I heard a noise beside the driveway that I thought was Tippy and then an adult deer came running full speed across the driveway and down the hill on the other side. It was about a foot from me when it crossed. That one would be hard to explain to the insurance company/EMTs.

Definitely chuckled hearing this @quilteryoyo!! Especially thinking about the explanation you’d give the insurance and EMTs!

My birthday is in my username 09-19, so yes, almost twins! 😀 starting to ask around about the Medicare info….
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited June 14
    @Laurz9191-I’m not a soccer fan but the following for the Euros is huge here & we were watching the opening ceremony & match Scotland vs Germany. Ireland didn’t qualify. Does it effect u living there
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,269 Member
    Not a bad fitness age at all @martaindale .

@AlphaHowls I'm surprised that you don't sweat. I can sweat when it's freezing outside if I'm exercising. I think it's supposed to be good for cleaning out your pores. If that's so, mine should be really really clean. You are saving on clothes and laundry detergent. I feel like I'm doing laundry all the time.

Sorry @Mari33a . It got stuck in my head too. :lol: Great running and biking.

@kgirlhart Great running. That puppy is so cute! I hope it found it's way hope. Fitness age of 20! Wow. I'm impressed. Enjoy your family reunion! Thanks - sorry about the song. It is one of those that get stuck in your head, like Baby Shark, which I refuse to sing to the kids at daycare.

@chris_in_cal . Does that mean you are a baby? (Keep up the good work. You're age should decrease over time as you put more activities into your Garmin. I think it wants us to do more intense exercise than I do. )

I've almost been hit by one when driving my car in the driveway before @daria0919 and I do wonder how the insurance would take that. LOL So cool that our birthdays are so close. I got my Medicare card in the mail really early - like I've already had it for 2 months. Fortunately, with me being retired military, I don't have to worry about a supplement, but I'm still getting all the mail from companies wanting to sell me some.

@laurz9191 I was wondering if it was an evening run. Funny that they move the race because of the Soccer Championships....well, I say that, but around here people schedule things around the University of TN football games, if possible. That fitness age isn't bad.