JUNE 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,261 Member
    Morning all.
    Got in 7 miles (at 10"07 pace)

@ContraryMaryMary haha. Thank you! 😊
    @quilteryoyo well done on the Tennis! ... You just left it at 6-6 ? No tie break?

@chris_in_cal keep on going with that streak! 💪🏽
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,268 Member
    @VO2Maxlet "It wasn't so easy since I couldn't do my morning ritual on the porcelain throne. Pretty sure those spikes are just a boost from natural propellant." Hahahaha One of many reasons I usually don't jump out of bed and go for a run right away.

@chris_in_cal Great running. I would be right there with you, except I need another hour of sleep, so I'd be an 8am to 1 am person.

@ContraryMaryMary I'm really glad that your running is feeling normal again. I don't really have matchy matchy running gear, but I don't like to clash either....well, I do make sure that my running skirts and shirts match and I'm more likely to match when others are going to see me. I don't mind mismatch when I'm running on my driveway. LOL As for hats, I don't run in a hat, but do wear a hat/visor for tennis. I only wash them when they are really ucky looking. I put mine in the dishwasher (only thing there is the hats) so they get clean, but not tossed around, and then air dry.

Thanks @tarun_yadavA . Great running. Yes, we left it at 6-6...not my choice, but I didn't argue. I really don't like playing tie breaks and the other ladies wanted to go ahead and change partners, so I went with the flow. :lol:
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,798 Member
    edited June 13
    @ContraryMaryMary - Most of my running takes place in the dark or in my neighborhood (I live in a rural area and on a typical 5 mile run, one car may pass me. I usually pass 6 or 7 houses but everyone is usually still asleep or inside.) so I don't worry about matching too much. If I'm participating in a race or running with a group in the daylight hours, I tend to take greater care about matching.

I wash my hats whenever they get stinky. Sometimes I can get 2 or 3 runs in them, sometimes only 1. I love the dishwasher idea @quilteryoyo!
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,498 Member
    Morning all.
    Got in 7 miles (at 10"07 pace)
    Thank you for the shout-out. How's the recovery going?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,498 Member
    Disgusting this morning and I was regretting my commitment to doing these short early morning runs outside.
    This is the kind of hardcore runner-posts that keep me coming back here.

Tough @martaindale !!
  • quilteryoyo
    Great job getting out there and getting it done @martaindale . BTW, not messing up the brim of the hats is why I use the dishwasher. Top shelf. Does great. I hadn't thought about rinsing them in the shower. That's a great idea too.
  • Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 461 Member
    It has warmed up here, so no jacket OR long socks today. Still good running conditions though. I ran 11.5km including 15x 20 second sprints. It was a fun and somewhat challenging workout.

102.4/200km for June
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 889 Member
    andja87 wrote: »
    Got 3.73 miles in on my treadmill this morning. Have done terrible at trying to get some miles in this month. Haven’t had it in me to run more than once a week lol
    But I have a 5k tomorrow night that I signed up for on a whim 2 weeks ago to run with a friend. So hopefully that will go ok 😂

9.17/30

Good effort anyway @andja87 and have fun with your 5K!!! 👍🏻
  • quilteryoyo
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Also, about the clothes- I don’t want to look too cringy out there, but I did wear blue neon knee socks with a purple shirt yesterday- gasp!
    :lol::lol: Great running and glad your weather is nice in Germany right now.

@andja87 Sometimes getting out the door is the hardest part. Have fun with the 5K!

Great job on your slog @SummerSkier ! You are probably right about the heat, humidity, and air quality being the major factors in your pace.