JUNE 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    You analyze things way more than I do - not judging. I know that is you and you need to do you. I just tend to go out and run/walk, following some sort of plan if I need it for motivation or training for a specific race.

I like structure too @VO2Maxlet. However I still don't feel like I have the experience to create a plan properly. I have some folks whose plans I like and tend to use those a lot of the year, rotating a bit to keep things fresh. Sometimes I take pieces from a couple of plans and mash them together.

Summer is the one exception. It's too hot to do much besides base building here, so I use that time to be more flexible around my work schedule. But I still put my daily miles on my calendar so that I have a plan for the month. I feel like if it was up to me to do what I felt like on any given day it would get really repetitive and easier to just not do it at all. This summer I have been using the treadmill a bit more and incorporating some speed workouts, which is unusual for me. But, I'm finally getting comfortable on the treadmill. So doing those faster paces doesn't feel like I'm going to get thrown off the back! And my brain isn't tapping out at 45 minutes which I struggled with a lot last year.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,380 Member
    Options
    I feel like if it was up to me to do what I felt like on any given day it would get really repetitive and easier to just not do it at all.
    It's like you can see into my soul.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    andja87 wrote: »
    Got 2.2 miles on the treadmill this morning before my vacation starts tomorrow. Did it in 31 minutes. I ran the whole time straight through which I’m pretty proud of as lately I’ve been more of a wogger than a runner. It felt really good, and I honestly would’ve ran longer if I didn’t have to hurry up to shower and get to work.
    Signed up for a virtual 5k through work that starts tomorrow and needs to be done by the 24th. I’m hoping to get that in sometime outside over the weekend if the weather isn’t too miserably hot in the AM like it has been.

14.49/30

exercise.png

way to go @andja87!!
    Enjoy vacation and let us know how your virtual 5K goes!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,921 Member
    Options
    lyif4m6d18ok.png
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Is there any reason why they took the news feed away
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    edited June 21
    Options
    @SummerSkier wrote: I am really missing the newsfeed but found a similar feed on lose it to keep up with my friends altho I will probably stay here to log and post. It does not have pictures but the software is definitely kinder. Just takes a while to get used to it.

@SummerSkier can each person have their own personal newsfeed on “lose it” like we had here on MFP? If so, I may get an account there too. Will still stay with the 3 groups I’m a part of here, but I agree, having a personal newsfeed for friends was really nice and I do miss it. Is your username the same there as it is here? Also, can one’s food diary be seen on the personal newsfeed (if there is one). I did like that for accountability.
  • VO2Maxlet
    VO2Maxlet Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I ended up running yesterday. For about 4 miles. The first few were allotted to me trying to find someone's parking garage to use as an incline for hill runs. There are hills around me, but I have strong opinions against driving 30 minutes out to run and then 20 minutes to come back home for a 15-25 minute workout. Anyways, opinions aside, I broke up the runs in Garmin because I thought at some points I found an appropriate parking garage until the No Fun Allowed Police comes by and I have to run from them. Too many charts--popped them in the spoiler below so not to take up an entire page.
    Run 1
    0lvwtq2xdqbo.png

Run 2
    hhpkhb5j7gui.png

Run 3
    cnuhi241exm2.png

Run 4
    ipk4kk6v0w12.png

Run 5 (My actual workout--Garmin Stride Intervals on a Treadmill)
    prgdxwh7dr6g.png

I think my heart rate increased out of fear of tumbling. I increased the speed for each interval because I wanted to get comfortable with the speed. I got too scared going too slow stumbling on the front of the treadmill and I got too scared going too fast just from tripping on the treadmill. Ashamed my HR didn't shoot to Z5.

Today will be a rest day. I'm going on a road trip this weekend and we're leaving in ~20 minutes. No Stamina ITG today. Probably for the better since my fatigue has increased and my risk for injury has increased. My therapist says this is okay and to keep him updated.