tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,283 Member
    Afternoon all.
    Overslept today! D'OHHHH.
    7.63 miles at 09"32 pace.

@Chris_in_cal sorry for your loss Sir

@ContraryMaryMary well done to your daughter! 😊

@quilteryoyo @emptydog @Teresa502 thank you all! 😊
    He's a lot better now, thank you!
    (Think he's now milking it... But his mother is still buying it (think he's trying to work getting tomorrow off school)).

@SummerSkier hello! Hope the new shoes work for your big toe/blisters 🤞🏽🙏🏽
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,501 Member
    Mari33a wrote: »
    ... I think Sweaty Dripynose
    Ha!

Then I should be called "Part II"

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,807 Member
    This morning I ran 5.16 miles before work.

I love the happiness on your daughter's face @ContraryMaryMary!

I have one pair of Bomba socks @kgirlhart but I've never used them for running. Are they made from a different material than your normal running socks? Cute rabbit! It must be bunny season as I've seen a lot of them lately.

@martaindale - I can't wait to hear about your trip to Japan. It looks like a great place to visit with beautiful sites and friendly people.

Welcome to all the new people!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,303 Member
    @steviebee888 I hate it when I do that. Nice job on the treadmill.

@ContraryMaryMary I'm glad you had such a nice run. Congratulations to your daughter. She's so cute!

@BeverlyW1108 Great running. I'll be 65 in August. I'm.a.little bit past a three year streak of running/fast walking every day. I started the streak when I had open heart surgery to repair an aneurysm in January of 2021. Take all the recovery time you need. The goal at this point is to stay healthy and injury free.

@SummerSkier I hope you're able to work things out with your new shoes.

You're doing great @tarun_yadavA and @martaindale.

@emptydog I didn't realize you were 76. You're doing great.

Welcome @VO2Maxlet . I hope a little rest will help your knee.

@RtVanDalay17 Sounds like a great plan.

Nice running @kgirlhart . Love the wildlife pictures and glad the dogs didn't give chase. I've never worn bombas, but like you, thought they were supposed to be good. I hope the blister isn't too bad and heals quickly.

Very nice walking and running @chris_in_cal .

@shanaber I hope you enjoy the walking pad and agility with Hobbes.

@daria0919 I hope your knee gets better soon. You're doing great to do what you can safely do and keep going.

• Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 10
    Hi everyone!

The running conditions this morning were quite nice and I went on an 11.5km easy run with the goal of truly keeping my heart rate in an easy zone. That went pretty well. It’s mostly just an issue with me in my head fighting against my own running ego that thinks running needs to feel a bit hard to count. It wasn’t warm out but it was bright and colorful which always puts me in a good mood.
    3cdzeu07zbor.jpeg

64.6/200km for June.

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,237 Member
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    It’s mostly just an issue with me in my head fighting against my own running ego that thinks running needs to feel a bit hard to count.

I struggled with the for a long time. Now I really enjoy a truly easy run!

Welcome to all the new folks! I love seeing so many new faces halfway into the year.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,759 Member
    edited June 10
    Love the look of that run @laurz9191. And I agree, running slow takes practise.

Your runs sound brutal @kgirlhart, but apparently running in humidity is a bit like altitude training - it's incredibly good for your fitness and you should notice the effects later in the year.

Good to have you here @VO2Maxlet. Be gentle with that knee - stabby pain is not good.

Welcome RtVanDalay17, you're making amazing progress. And you're tracking well too @steviebee888.

So many new faces - I take it this is a happy side effect of the news feed disappearing...

As for me, I ran my usual 8km loop this morning and this time at speed (well, it's all relative, but nice to be back under six minute pace for this hilly jaunt). In the past week or so I feel as though I am returning to form. Perhaps that virus in January actually Covid - I know the first time I had Covid it took six months to fully recover. Also, my back, which has been niggly since the great lawn scarifying of April has finally come right. And, as my husband succinctly pointed out, maybe I'm just running more. Whatever it is, things are feeling easy again. Lovely!