Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

JUNE 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,242 Member
    What kind of fueling does everyone do?

I use gu primarily during training on any run 8 miles or more. I fuel about every 45 minutes. I use maurten on race days because I don't need water with it and they are very neutral tasting.
    I drink plain water but in the summer I also take salt tabs on anything more than 3 miles. They have made a huge difference in my summer recovery. I take the first one at mile 1.5 then every mile after that.
    I also make sure to eat something before any run over 3 miles. The amount kind of depends on the distance.
  • martaindale
    Beautiful @Teresa502! Where is your cruise visiting?
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,289 Member
    @SummerSkier one iso gel for anything I'm doing over 10 miles distance at pace ie 08"45 or under
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,311 Member
    Nice running @kgirlhart . I saw on the news this morning how it is going to be unbearably hot in TX today and, I think, the next few days. It's a bit early for those temps, isn't it?

@chris_in_cal I'm glad you like your new shoes. Great job on the streak.

Nice walking @shanaber . I hope the treatment isn't too hard on you.

• martaindale
    shanaber wrote: »
    @SummerSkier and @kgirlhart - I really like Skratch Labs energy chews.

I used skratch chews during marathon training to keep from totally burning out on gels. They are good. I like the consistency the best of all the ones I tried.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,811 Member
    Happy Global Running Day!

My legs felt tired this morning and I knew I had a run scheduled for tomorrow with my fast friend so I did a strength workout and walked 1.60 miles on the treadmill. Garmin told me my recovery would be delayed because I didn't sleep well. Later in the morning I remembered it was Global Running Day and how could I not? So, at lunch I got out for 1.25 miles. It was sunny and 76F but the real feel was 86F. So it was a sweaty but short one. (And Garmin gave me a 4+ performance - this is why I take Garmin with a grain of salt.)

Happy belated birthday @chris_in_cal! Hope you have a great time this weekend.

@tarun_yadavA - We are staying in a resort near SeaWorld that has pools, game room, pickle and tennis courts, etc. we have thrown out some ideas but we don't have any plans for the days we are there yet. Have you ever been on a text with 6 women trying to plan a vacation (don't answer that)? We finally got our excursions booked, shows reserved, transportation plans made, decided who was bringing door decorations, power charging stations, lanyards, etc. Have had numerous conversations about clothing. Numerous! I'm a simple gal and my friend that I typically travel a lot with is the same way. We are more of the go with the flow kind of people and this group is wearing me out! I love them though and I'm sure we will have a blast!

@shanaber - You are so inspirational to stay active while you are going through these treatments. I greatly admire you and your strength. (Glad Hobbes steered clear of the skunks!)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,811 Member
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    What kind of fueling does everyone do?

I run fasted for my runs.

I chew gum Orbit bubble mint, 2 pieces every 8ish miles

> 18 miles - wear my hydration belt, 4 - 8oz bottles of water

> 18 miles - GU Chocolate

I carry Black Forest gummies, or Haribo gummies, if I need something else. GU used to make a gummy that was compact as well as Gatorade chews. Both stopped making them, so any gummy will do for me.

Because my nutrition stays 'spot on', I really don't need much. I make sure I fuel appropriately each day. Not to say I do not go off rails every so often.

She is human people! :p