WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,365 Member
    Options
    Lisa - Glad it all went as well as possible! <3

Hoping for a slightly longer sleep than last night!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    took a little nap but felt more tired after it(I rarely nap) so skipped class.
    My friend went- he said there were only 7 of them there- usually we have 13 or so.

Playing with the kittens- letting them run around outside of their playpen for a while before their bed time then I will go out and water the garden- was over 90 again today.
    Cooler tomorrow- 74 for a high. Will walk the wetlands .

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,891 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    dlfk202000 wrote: »
    My friend went- he said there were only 7 of them there- usually we have 13 or so.

Playing with the kittens- letting them run around outside of their playpen for a while before their bed time then I will go out and water the garden- was over 90 again today.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I rarely nap in the afternoons ... if I do, it's always a gamble whether I will feel better or worse. Sometimes I have woken feeling completely detached and slightly nauseated.

I prefer to hold out till the next night and try to go to bed a few minutes earlier.

But my husband naps almost every afternoon.

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    dlfk202000 wrote: »

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA

I rarely nap in the afternoons ... if I do, it's always a gamble whether I will feel better or worse. Sometimes I have woken feeling completely detached and slightly nauseated.

I prefer to hold out till the next night and try to go to bed a few minutes earlier.

But my husband naps almost every afternoon.

M in Oz

I usually skip naps too-push through as best I can. I took one today because I was hoping I would feel rested enough to go to class but that didn't happen.
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Kim that fire looks dangerous! Be careful!

Heather things are looking up! Excellent!

Tracey this caregiver role is certainly not what I had pictured for myself. I was always more techie than social. I came home thinking it would be for maybe six months, and here I am years later.

Dad went back to getting the newspaper in his underwear again. And his hearing aids are not in the charger. I have my therapist by Zoom later, so he has to stay home and keep out of trouble by himself for an hour. I'm nervous about it.

Today I got a sitter for him for the first time so I can go horseback riding this afternoon. We will see how that goes. He knows the sitter, but he may not listen to her.

Have a great day my friends! May you all be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,388 Member
    edited June 6
    Options
    My evening sleep schedule is out of whack because of the light early mornings. Fortunately, I’m an inveterate napper. Always could fall asleep almost anywhere. I’m very good at power naps. 😂

Heather: Bravisimmo! I knew you would ace this after-op gig!!!

Kim: That looks scary. I hope it doesn’t impact you. Like the dog sitting idea better than AirB&B. At least you get some pleasant exercise with the dogs. 😜

I have already put away a load of laundry, done a HITT workout, 15 minutes of yoga, and several short walks. I have Shakespeare Study after lunch, and card-making after lunch tomorrow.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,193 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons I don't take naps is because they frown on that at work. :smiley: I leave home about 8 am and don't get home until about 6 pm when I work in the office.

@GodMomKim ... weren't you doing embroidery projects? The dog sitting sounds great ... a side-line or main thing now?

I’m trying to figure out something to bring in and extra $1K a month so I can do this EA job. I so enjoy it, but the wages are abysmal. Not the actual wage, I was prepared for that but it’s only 30 hours a week.

Tracey in Edmonton

Part-time in childcare or after-school care?

Christmas retail help?

Do you like driving? Drive Hertz rental cars at the airport?

Ginny ... sorry about your cut!

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    💖🖐
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Kim--Sounds like you are doing well with the dog sitting.
    Meg--Yes it was a surprise the Studio 10 closing. Not sure what happened.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    3 short walks (includes reservation cards), therapy, Post Office, Walmart shop, car wash, and filled water bottles all done this morning. Now I’m sleepy waiting for DH to finish making lunch. All this talk about naps is making me probably take one this afternoon. My Jardiance finally came in, took the first dose this morning at PO. I wonder if that is what is making me so sleepy? I’ll have to look up the side effects.
    Today is:
    Exercise in your gardens! ( I took the ‘sucker’ branches off my 4 tomato plants this morning after watering). Who here still has a YoYo? I might in storage! A wooden one that DH made when he had a home shop! He made a wooden top too!

8zypoay9gpkl.jpeg
    4ucf7k1l34x7.jpeg
    cvq7ydyudtks.png

RVRita in Roswell.