🌞 Just Give Me One Month - June 2024 ⛱️

Options
🌞 Happy June! With warmer days ahead, there are even more reasons to get out, move around, and enjoy the season!

We're now six months into 2024. Whether you’re crushing your weight release goals (congrats!), just getting started, or recommitting to your plan, we’re here to support you. Join us daily to share your current weight, celebrate progress, and stay motivated with everyone’s updates — embracing every step of the journey.

It’s never too late to join, even if it’s mid-month, or you prefer to post less frequently. Everyone is welcome!

This supportive thread has been running for years, thanks to various hosts. To catch up on past discussions, search for "Just Give Me One Month." Curious about how it works? Check out last month’s thread here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10914673/just-give-me-one-month-may-2024/p1

Let’s make June amazing together! You’ve got this!✨

Replies

• ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 487 Member
    edited June 1
    Options
    Heaviest Weight: 221 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 165
    SW: May 211.5
    June Goals: Chair Exercises/Gentle Walking 4 Days Per Week(Injury) | End June at lower weight

Jun 1: 211.0

Happy Saturday, everyone!
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    High may was a rough month heaviest weight 234 goal weight somewhere between 164 and 150. My goal is to be overweight at 164 I’m overweight.
    More than a weight goal. My mother passed away I kept two of her dresses. The one more casual I can now put on the second more formal doesn’t zip it’s close. I’d like to take both these dresses on the Alaskan cruise in August.
    In January my goal was to get on this cruise with all new to me clothing cause none of my January clothing fit. In the 36 lbs I’ve lost I am belting pants so they stay up. Went to thrift stores for shorts.
    The month of may I lost .6 before that from January to may I lost 8-10 month. I need to get on track
    I bicycle everyday year round. The month of may between the 4 graduations and riding outside for maybe 30 minutes vs inside for an hour.
  • SofaKween
    SofaKween Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Previous Months:-
    March SW – 60.5kg
    31 March EW – 58.8kg
    30 April EW – 57.0kg
    31 May EW – 55.0kg

March Start Waist – 83cm
    31 March End Waist – 81cm
    30 April End Waist – 77.5cm
    31 May End Waist – 76.0cm

UGW - 54kg

Mini Goals June:
    1. Post here every day for the rest of the month.
    2. Lose 1kg in weight
    3. Lose 1cm from my waist (will measure at the end of the month)

1 June – 55.0kg - same as yesterday.

Busy day at craft fair today. I use the term 'busy' loosely. Shame standing for 6 hours doesn't burn many calories. Weather forecast was awful but it turned out slightly better with the odd glimpse of the sun and no showers (although the traders outside froze as the wind was quite gusty). Didn't sell any of the things I spent hours making last week, so I have plenty of stock for the next craft fair in September (unless I get a last minute place elsewhere). Despite this, sales were better than I anticipated so am quite happy. Brief walk now up to the shops to get something for dinner.

Thank you @ManifestingToday for the new thread.
  • HappyDonkey75
    HappyDonkey75 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Than you @ManifestingToday for the June thread .
    GOALS:
    Heaviest weight 210 (started dropping in April)
    June Goal- Still would be happy with anything below 200 and once I hit that, staying below it for more than a 1 day.
    The 200 # seems to be the number my body REALLY wants to stick at so this is going to be hard.
    I feel like I am SOOOO close.but also cautiously optimistic because in the last year every time I get below it, it pops right back up... and I lose hope.

Ultimate Goal Weight- 165

June 1- 201.6
  • ManifestingToday
    Options
    @jjlbrick Welcome to our June thread - and wishing you continued success with your goals! Sounds like you are on the right path already. :)

@SofaKween I'm glad the weather wasn't quite as bad as expected, but sorry the show didn't quite yield the results you'd hoped for. At least you can keep building stock for the next market - sounds fun! If I can ever make items fast enough, I'd love to try an in-person event sometime.

@HappyDonkey75 You can do this! You are super close. Last year I actually did get below 200 and keep it there for a bit, but went back to old patterns and well, here I am. You've got this. Build on that success of last month. <3
  • kebass01
    kebass01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Back for another month! My name is Kristin, 36/F from Houston area with a 4 y.o son. I am leaving to visit family on the 14th and have been pushing hard to get back to my normal weight range. This month after the trip I am giving myself grace to lighten up a bit since I have been so strict on my regime. Once I come back I will hop back on and hope the damage is minimal lol.

3/27: 172.2
    4/1: 168.0
    5/1: 159.2

GW for 6/14: 145
    End of June goal: 144
    UGW: 128

6/1: 149.6

Birthday weekend 🎉. Big 36 coming tomorrow. I haven’t decided if I want dinner out today or tomorrow or what I want to do in general. Just laying in bed would be fantastic, but between my son and my husband there is no rest. I have been doing my 3-4 mile workouts during the week but the weekend I chill so I plan my meals very carefully. I also weigh in every other day bc it makes me discouraged to see the day to day fluctuations. Welcome to June everyone!
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    n6hc6i4kreqz.jpeg
    gwu6kj49g49c.jpeg
    June 2nd these two dresses belonged to my mother. The button down one fits snuggly but it fits. The dark one doesn’t totally zip. Just as important as a weight loss goal. I’m going on a cruse mid August I want to wear these dresses
  • kellyswimmer
    kellyswimmer Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    starting weight 12.09 - May 24
    Starting Weight June 24 = 12.03
    Goal weight this month June 24 - 11.12
    Overall goal weight 9.10

I am going to try to weigh every day

02 June 23 = 12.03

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. The month-at-a-time concept is intriguing and I'm going to give it a go. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago and gained it all back - ugh!
    Current weight- 211
    Goal - 175
    Goal for June - 200 but not sure if that's realistic- we shall see
  • SofaKween
    Options
    March SW – 60.5kg
    31 March EW – 58.8kg
    30 April EW – 57.0kg
    31 May EW – 55.0kg

March Start Waist – 83cm

UGW - 54kg

Mini Goals June:
    2. Lose 1kg in weight

1 June – 55.0kg
    2 June – 54.9kg

Overslept so this is a late morning weigh-in.

Beginning to contemplate what I will do once I reach my goal weight which seemed so far away when I joined back in March. My goal may seem low to a lot of people but I'm below average height so 54kg only takes me a little over the mid-point of a healthy BMI. It’s also still 9kg more than I used to be in my early 20s when I had trouble putting weight on, so in my mind I still have a lot I could lose (and a lot of “vintage” clothes hanging in my wardrobe that I can’t fit into!). That being said, I want to build muscle into my increasing old age so there's going to be a balance to be found between brain and body without slipping into bad habits.

Going to top-up my vitamin D with a walk in the sunshine.
  • HappyDonkey75
    Options
    GOALS:
    June Goal- Still would be happy with anything below 200 and once I hit that, staying below it for more than a 1 day.
    The 200 # seems to be the number my body REALLY wants to stick at so this is going to be hard.
    I feel like I am SOOOO close.but also cautiously optimistic because in the last year every time I get below it, it pops right back up... and I lose hope.

June 1- 201.6
    ( I think this was wrong now, but I am going to leave it be. I scaled but then forgot to write it down and my app didn't capture it (Withings scale) so I am thinking I didn't write it down correct because today I am showing a whole lb heavier? I was well within my calorie deficit yesterday with a big workout.

June2- 202.6 -

Welcome to the new folks joining.
  • ManifestingToday
    Options
    June Goals: Chair Exercises/Gentle Walking 4 Days Per Week(Injury) | End June at lower weight

Jun 2: 209.1

No idea why the drop. I weighed three times to make sure it wasn't the scale. I have managed to workout the past couple of days despite my knee, so maybe that's helped.

@kebass01 Welcome back, and happy birthday!

@tmbg1 Welcome to the group! I hope you find some success using this as accountability. :)

@HappyDonkey75 We too have a Withings scale -- I think it's set up under my husband's account, and I hate that it saves any data. :D I mean, the man can see me, but I don't need him to know the number, you know? So I try to hop off before it saves anything, but I know it's saving it somewhere. Also, 1 lb can literally be water weight. If I sleep in later, the number is lower too. I only get to do that on the weekends though. More sleep really makes a difference.

@jjlbrick I will keep some positive energy/thoughts for you that you're going to go on that cruise in August and wear those dresses. <3

@SofaKween I've honestly not considered what I'd do when I get to my goal weight. I hope I'll be happy with myself -- but the trick is really to be happy NOW, not in the future. I hope you find you can fit into some of your older outfits again. I have a couple pairs of jeans I'd love to wear again. I donated the rest. I think I want some cute new clothes when I hit 170. Maybe there's something you can treat yourself with (new piece of clothing), as an incentive?
  • kellyswimmer
    kellyswimmer Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    starting weight 12.09 - May 24
    Starting Weight June 24 = 12.03
    Goal weight this month June 24 - 11.12
    Overall goal weight 9.10

I am going to try to weigh every day

02 June 24 = 12.03
    03 June 24 = 12.03 need to do better today
  • ManifestingToday
    edited June 3
    Options

Jun 2: 209.1
    Jun 3: 209.2

:) I walked for about an hour last night -- that's the longest I've worked out in a month. Both of my knees were a bit stiff after that, but it felt good to move. I'll probably go lightly today to give myself some rest. I'm going to try to eat my bigger meal for lunch today and see if that helps keep my weight lower.
  • kebass01
    kebass01 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    3/27: 172.2
    4/1: 168.0
    5/1: 159.2

GW for 6/14: 145
    End of June goal: 144
    UGW: 128

6/1: 149.6
    6/3: 149.4

Worth it! Pigged out on so much Mexican food followed by a slice of lemon meringue yesterday and barely 5k steps. I really worked the birthday card yesterday lol. Thanks the the well wishes! Today I took a half day so about to take the dogs on a 4 mile walk to work off some sodium. Back to the grind!
  • HappyDonkey75
    Options
    GOALS:
    June Goal-h anything below 200 and once I hit that, staying below it for more than a 1 day.

June 1- 201.6
    ( I think this was wrong now, but I am going to leave it be. I scaled but then forgot to write it down and my app didn't capture it (Withings scale) so I am thinking I didn't write it down correct because today I am showing a whole lb heavier? I was well within my calorie deficit yesterday with a big workout.

June2- 202.6
    June 3 202.0

Yesterday I bought a small bag of sugar free gummy bears. I ate all three servings through out the day . What a mistake. Whatever was in those instead of sugar wreaked havoc on my digestion all afternoon/evening. Not to be too gross but it was similar to whatever they give you prior to a colonoscopy.
    I was busy most of the day yesterday with housework and ended with over 14K steps (several hours of yesterday my phone was not on me so maybe lost a few steps worth of tracking but 14K is plenty.. )
    I took a day off from actual exercise because I knew it would be a big day with other stuff around the house.

Still stuck at that damn 202#
    .. I am trying to figure out ways to get below this number, more veggies, less fat /less sugar is what I am thinking but open to any suggestions that will work long term.
  • SofaKween
    Options
    March SW – 60.5kg
    31 March EW – 58.8kg
    30 April EW – 57.0kg
    31 May EW – 55.0kg

March Start Waist – 83cm

UGW - 54kg

Mini Goals June:
    2. Lose 1kg in weight

1 June – 55.0kg
    2 June – 54.9kg
    3 June – 55.0kg

Was horribly hungry last night so indulged in some late-night salty snacks.

Been to the gym today as penance. Still on Week 2 of C25K but didn’t find it unduly hard so will see how my left hamstring feels and contemplate moving on to Week 3.

@ManifestingToday - not sure i'll ever feel happy with myself, just less unhappy, IYSWIM. I do need to get myself out of wearing black all the time as I don't think it helps, so going to step out of my comfort zone, take your advice and shop for some colourful summer tops. Soon. Maybe next week. :)
  • loftus4827
    loftus4827 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, really ready to get back to where I want to be.

Heaviest weight- 227
    Lightest weight - 112
    Current weight - 152

Goal weight - 144

I have been both fat and extremely fit, and am now somewhere in between. I am so tired of my clothes being tight and uncomfortable and feeling bad about myself.

Let's make June strong!
  • Plasicage
    Plasicage Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    January 24: 158
    February 24: 157.2
    March 24: 152
    April 24: 150
    May 24: 147
    June 24: 148

June 3: 148

So I’m only physically back from my vacation, brain is still on vacation 😎. I thought Greek food would be more healthy, but it’s mainly all oil, bread, cheese, and potatoes. And more carbs. I did put in about 20,000 steps daily though.

Since I don’t have immediate vacation plans now, it’s good to be back to running and logging!
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Walked yesterday and today - avoiding alcohol this week too
    Current weight- 211
    Goal - 175
    Goal for June - 200