Senseless Fears

Options
123457»

Replies

• weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I'm not too crazy about spiders if I can't identify them at first glance. Thanks Brown Recluses and Black Widows for forever making me paranoid of spiders.

(My wfie's uncle just got bitten by a Brown Recluse for a second time less than a week ago. The wound it left looks pretty d**n painful.)

It is painful!!! And I had muscle pains throughout my body for 24 hours several days after being bitten. Just comes on out of the blue like you got a flu bug suddenly.
  • SweetLilyR
    SweetLilyR Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thought about leaving a scary gif behind. Thought. Nahh.

tumblr_lq4vycAaA71r1k19po1_400.gif
    I'm feeling so very soothed now after watching that for a few minutes....maybe I can sleep after all. Thank you, bug-eyed freak-kitten...
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    A new fear of mine is being nuked by over zealous `world leaders`

2nd
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Who is afraid of something weird or silly that makes no sense to other people?

I'm afraid of sharks, in all bodies of water. All.
    Rivers I'm fishing in? Check.
    Lakes I'm swimming in? Check.
    The pool is swim in? Check.
    The bathtub? Check.

Senseless as hell. In the ocean, I've not swam, but when diving, I've got a knife, and I'm really the pokey type.
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Oh, thank the gods! I'm not alone in the fear of losing my teeth. Seriously, I have reoccurring nightmares about loose or missing teeth. I'm sure it means something...

Supposedly it means you feeling worried about your attractiveness, or are embarrassed about something.

I also heard that it was related to feeling guilty about something.
    I'm going to go with the first one, as it's hard to embarrass me anymore and I have nothing to feel guilty about.

Oh!! And thanks to the "creepy friend" GIF thread, I remembered my completely irrational fear of toys and dolls coming to life. I blame Chucky for this - I saw the movie when I was 6 or 7 and got so freaked out that I put all my dolls in the trash that night. I can watch the most horrific movies and not bat an eyelash...but put a freaking animated doll in it, and I'm out of the room in a flash...Gah, even thinking about it makes me want to never sleep again.

I had the losing teeth dream about a year or so ago - two times in one week, but not since. Twice in one week was enough to send me searching for "the reason." The thing I kept finding was a fear of aging/getting old - and/or - getting sick with something you can't control or cure. There were other possible reasons as well, but those are the two I remember.

It is a disturbing dream for sure, and I still think about it once in awhile - followed by a quick hope/pray/wish that I didn't just will it to make a return showing.
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bumblebees. Am terrified of them. It's the deep rumble they make, and the fact that they fly really close. Had one sneaky ninja bumblebee crawl into a sock when I was bringing in the washing, only found it when I was picking stuff up to iron and it started getting angry.

Also scared of wasps and hornets etc
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    The other night, I was putting the grill away in the garage, and this giant wofl spider came out to say hello. The thing was about 2 inchesl long ay 3/4 of an inch wide. You probably would have freaked. I said live and let live. It's eating other bugs if it was able to grow that big. He's doing me a favor.

Outside I would be ok with. Grossed out, but ok. But not in my house. I think it was a nursery web spider. I put my hand in a really thick web one morning because I couldn't see it in the dark, and I was opening the back door to let the dogs out. Same type of spider had made a web from the doorknob to the bench next the door. I couldn't wash my hand long enough.

MAybe you shuold have cut it off. It touched spider web y;know? :bigsmile:

I'll have to remember that for next time, but then you won't get to choose left or right. :tongue:

Neither of those would be my first choice anyway! :bigsmile:

O! :bigsmile: