Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fit into 3 pairs of jeans that were just too small when I bought them. I'm a little sad that my favorite Calvin Klein jeans are now too big...I think I'll get over it though! Haven't gone down a full size yet, but I'm happy to be able to tell that I'm getting smaller.
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Trained all summer for a triathlon...finished it this past Saturday...and finished 2nd place Athena division!! Now that was out of 3 Athenas but still...I beat someone out for that 2nd place;)
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This really hot mom was walking through our row and was losing her balance and reached up to grab my arm to catch herself and said omg ... nice arms. I admit it, i was totally psyched
  • ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My NSV is most importantly feeling more comfortable and confident naked ;) this is a big deal and a great help in my relationship especially because my boyfriend is on this health journey with me and he is looking better and better by the day.

I am learning how to cook awesome healthy meals and enjoying it!

I am more focused

In the past few weeks my skin and hair feel healthy and young and I have not had any break outs, even when my monthly vistitor was here!

I can twice as long as I could 2 weeks. I am staying consistent and I remind myself that "even if I trip a little on one of the steps I shouldn;t throw myself down the whole staircase."
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    I hadn't been on a bicycle in years!!!!! Mainly because I was too unfit and my legs no longer strong enough to pedal for any length of time. The other weekend I went to the mountains with my bf and we biked 17km in total!!!!. I did get off occasionally to push the bike up some of the hills that my legs just refused to bike up, but I was so proud of myself for completing the trail!!!
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I just happened a few minutes ago! A courier who used to deliver to my office but changed routes 6 months ago came in and was visibly surprised when he saw me. He told me how great I look and asked me to have coffee with him sometime (not happening, but nice to have been asked)
  • sydneyplainjane
    sydneyplainjane Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I was able to walk/hike for a full hour....without stopping! I give a lot of credit for this to the C25K app, which I don't use for running, but for walking. I just walk faster when it tells me to jog. But, I'd say about two weeks ago, I could barely get through 30 minutes without stopping a few times. This past Sunday, I did the 30 minutes on C25K, PLUS an additional 30 minutes at a moderate pace. My legs were pretty sore when I finished, but I wasn't out of breath or tired.
  • kezzola
    kezzola Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm involved with a social group that had really fabulous - and fattening - morning teas quite regularly. On the past 4 occasions I haven't eaten one thing the whole time I'm there. For me that's a huge victory.
  • brendywendy
    brendywendy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I went to a dance party at the weekend and people didn't recognise me. Loads of people "introduced" themsevles. I've only lost a few lbs since the last party :)
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My NSV was my first ever since starting this journey August 4th... I went clothes shopping and was down a size. :)
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Dropped back down into my sz 14 jeans over the weekend ;)
  • blessybuva
    blessybuva Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and my winter pj bottoms fell down all the way to my ankles! last winter they were even a bit tight and since it was summer I didn't have a need to them. this is definitely my favorite NSV so far.
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I finally fit in a pair of 34-inch-waist jeans. When I started, I can barely fit in 40 inches!
  • Rory_123
    Rory_123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to fit back into my old clothes....wahoo!
  • hazellac
    hazellac Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've got my 53 year old mum to come out on two runs with me! She's really enjoying it - for me to be able to influence others on my journey to a healthier lifestyle is a victory for me.

Another NSV I've had is after reading someones post on here, they mentioned about running and how they broke through that wall you hit sometimes. Well, I found it inspiring - next time I went out I kept telling myself "Your breathing is controlled, yes your legs hurt but they can keep going there is NO reason for you to stop" .... and so I didn't stop, I just kept on running.
  • scot30316
    scot30316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Only 5 days in so far on MFP but started mapymywalk 2 days earlier. Last week I walked 15 miles, can't recall ever doing that in a week. Yesterday on my walk when I was approaching the I don't think I can walk any longer moment, I put The Clash "Live at Shea Stadium" album on and did another mile :)
  • Toofatforshirts
    Toofatforshirts Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    good job to all of you that have lost. It is a good feeling. I have lost 18 pounds in about two months and it feels great. I started eating right and I am learning how to watch what I eat and stay away from places like mcdonalds.
  • Toofatforshirts
    Toofatforshirts Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    good job keep up the good work
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I managed to climb an obstacle on an obstacle course run yesterday that I hadn't been able to do in April the first time I did this race. I also managed to swim 60m fully clothed across a very cold lake. :smile:
  • lindakoke
    Options
    Just feeling more awesome and better in general, beats any visible progress for me, I'm happier :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!