Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Going to go and donate all of my size 42 pants, and am back in 38s. Last hole on my belt, time for a new one of those as well.

Good luck everyone, keep it up!
  • VryIrishGirl76
    VryIrishGirl76 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Jammie shorts are slipping off my hips, despite what the scale is reflecting
  • sjkcwatson
    sjkcwatson Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mine is only small but on my Lunch hour I walk two miles and normally it takes between 39 to 40 minutes but the last two days I have been under 39 Minutes 38:45 and 38:06. I was so closte to breaking 38 mins. yesterday when I didn't even feel like doing my walk. I am jelious of those who can run but at 414 lbs I well I am doing good at 3 mph.

I wouldn't say that's small - that's a big deal. So many people, no matter the size, can't do 2 mile - and lowering your time is awesome. I walk vs running too and have had great success with it. Keep going!!
  • carrieanthony
    carrieanthony Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was able to try on, fit in and BUY clothes in the JUNIORS department. I couldn't fit in the Juniors clothing even when I was that age. Now, at 43 years old, I have a Wonder Woman t-shirt in a Juniors size! :)
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1. Although my scale has not budged, my pants feel ever so slightly looser today -- YEAH

2. What everyone keeps saying about building endurance for running works - SLOW DOWN - I tried this today while running on the TM and I was actually able to continue running longer - yes, it was at a snails pace (4.2) but I was able to keep going -- YEAH
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Ran faster and longer yesterday!
    6.1 mph 3 miles, with only two 1 minute breaks!
    Yay!!! :happy:

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • GinaNilce
    Options
    NSV's are my favorite.

I can wear my engagement ring again (I refused to get it resized) and I just bought my first pair of Size 8 Jeans in 7 Years (at my biggest I was an 15 or 17) I think it may have been a sizing fluke, but I'm claiming it!
  • sslopez24
    sslopez24 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can walk up the stairs to the 4th floor of the car garage at work without stopping, chest ready to burst, or be out of breath that I could only speak in sections as I caught my breath in between. WOOOHOOO!
  • GoodSelf
    Options
    I have an elliptical machine in our garage which I love, but lately it's been SO HOT and I've had a hard time motivating to get out there into the garage/sauna and do it. Three times this week, I committed to it and got myself going even though the garage was super hot. Between a fan, a huge glass of water, and a couple of good movies, I logged some serious exercise time in spite of the heat.

Great job, everyone. Reading your NSVs is inspiring!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I can't find any dresses in my size in any of the cute boutiques in my area--no one seems to carry my now-too-small size! So...I guess the benefit is saving money because I can't splurge on them. :)
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i am wearing a size small shirt today. i am also wearing a pair of pants that my bf's former fwb that he is still friend's with gave me because "i'll never be that small, you might" -her words about her self. no i don't like her so knowing i got into these today....makes me happy. (note....i once worse size 32....5X)
    I have not gone over my calories in a long time.
    I have gotten up to get on my treadmill every day before work this week.....that's at 5AM and then i got back on it again before bed.
    I was told by 3 separate people this week that i'm getting really tiny.
    I am freaking thrilled with allllllllllllllllllllll of this lol. on the scale side.....yeah i lost a few lbs this week too. 2.8lbs till i can say i lost 200lbs. 22.8lbs till final goal. :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • maggiejr4
    maggiejr4 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My face looks smaller than last week when I look in the mirror. Love that feeling.
  • NicoleCooney92
    NicoleCooney92 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Went biking with my husband. I asked him to take a route up a hill that I could not climb in the past without getting off my bike. (TBH, that was when I was actually at "normal" weight but out of shape). Even though I'm 50 lbs heavier than I was then, I could ride up that hill with minimal effort. Imagine what I'll do when I go up 50 lbs lighter AND in shape.:smile::tongue:
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have 2 NSV that I've been bragging about.

1. I was able to do some jogging this week. It wasn't a lot but I haven't jogged since I was in high school and I was sure that I couldn't do more than 5 seconds without passing out. I've been jogging everyday this week and I am getting stronger each day. I love it.

2. The jeans what were super tight about a month ago fit perfectly now. They even show off my butt, and I have been working hard to get that right and tight..:bigsmile:
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Making my 3rd trip to donate cloths that no longer fit but were in good condition to the Salvation Army. When I started I wore size 56 waist pants and am now in a size 36. I wore size 4XL shirts and now wear XL and some Large.
  • Bigblondelady
    Bigblondelady Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I had surgery on my hand ,this past week I was taken to the room they were doing the operation in, When I walked into the room I was happy to see there was a big wide chair. Right in the middle, like a throne all by it's self the type you like too see, large enough for comfort. I have filled chairs this size before,
    I sat down with confidents:tongue: , the Doctor comes in greets me and gets his items he needs and to my horror :yawn: :noway: asks me to scoot over, he wants to do the surgery on the chair too.
    I slide over ever so gently watching the edge , I know i'm going to fall off of it or at the very least hang over awkwardly .
    NSV not only did I not fall off I didn't even hang over at all. There was plenty room for my hand too. Laying flat with tips pointing out to the edge, snap. I still see that chair, it was a throne of days long gone :love:
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It was exactly 5 weeks ago today that I decided to get off my big lazy butt and begin to move it in conjunction with eating better. So 5 weeks ago I was barely able to jog 1/2 way up my street. We live on a corner. Each way it's about .7 miles to the end of the road. I've been Jogging/walking trying to get into running again for the millionth time. Well, today, for the first time I ran with out walking AT ALL! For 33 minutes straight up and down one street, down the other and 1/2 way back up it for 2.5 miles. I averaged about a 13 min mile, not fast, but major progress from 5 weeks ago. Maybe, just maybe, I can get into this running thing after all :-)
  • TayzerFun
    TayzerFun Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have two!
    A pair of pants that were way too tight on me a couple months ago, now fit me perfectly!!!
    This one is weird.... but my cat is 13lbs.... she's a hefty bugger! Anyways, I looked at her today and realized that I had lost 13lbs exactly! So, I picked her up and was so excited about how heavy she was....because that's the amount of weight I've lost! (stupid I know, but it was a tangible measurement.) I thought 13lbs wasn't a lot of weight... but once I picked up my cat..... that's not too bad!
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    When I had surgery on my hand ,this past week I was taken to the room they were doing the operation in, When I walked into the room I was happy to see there was a big wide chair. Right in the middle, like a throne all by it's self the type you like too see, large enough for comfort. I have filled chairs this size before,
    I sat down with confidents:tongue: , the Doctor comes in greets me and gets his items he needs and to my horror :yawn: :noway: asks me to scoot over, he wants to do the surgery on the chair too.
    I slide over ever so gently watching the edge , I know i'm going to fall off of it or at the very least hang over awkwardly .
    NSV not only did I not fall off I didn't even hang over at all. There was plenty room for my hand too. Laying flat with tips pointing out to the edge, snap. I still see that chair, it was a throne of days long gone :love:

Surgery in a chair?? And I thought I was the only one. One of my 5 surgeries to my right knee was done in a chair but not the total knee replacement :) Great feeling victory !
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of looks now. Girls actually look up and down my body. I didn't even know they did that. I thought only men were that obvious.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!